Best single cabin deck 5 Marella Explorer

FIFE1

Had experience of outside single cabins on both decks and the ones on deck 5 are good but the one one deck 4 was so bad that I was moved without argument and given £100 compensation. The noise started some time after midnight and continues for an hour or two. It was a grinding sound accompanied by vibration so severe sleep was not possible. I believe it had something to do with the food waste processing, basically grinding everything up 😱

My cabins were 5035 and 5037 if I remember correctly. 5037 was a 3 berth with a bunk folded away on one wall. check the deck plan because the single cabins on the port side have the same arrangements as the normal cabins on the starboard side but are not marked as such.

So I would avoid deck 4 😈

• 2 years later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:06 AM, davecttr said:

Had experience of outside single cabins on both decks and the ones on deck 5 are good but the one one deck 4 was so bad that I was moved without argument and given £100 compensation. The noise started some time after midnight and continues for an hour or two. It was a grinding sound accompanied by vibration so severe sleep was not possible. I believe it had something to do with the food waste processing, basically grinding everything up 😱

My cabins were 5035 and 5037 if I remember correctly. 5037 was a 3 berth with a bunk folded away on one wall. check the deck plan because the single cabins on the port side have the same arrangements as the normal cabins on the starboard side but are not marked as such.

So I would avoid deck 4 😈

Hi, just read your post and see you stayed in 5035. I have this cabin in June.  Just wondered if you were comfortable in this cabin and whether you had any issues!