Circle C & Club 02

Wendlin21

I will (hopefully) be traveling on Carnival Magic in May 2021.  The cruise is 3 months after my daughter turns 15 but we are also bringing her cousin who will be turning 14 during the cruise.  The cut off for Carnival's teen groups is 15...does anyone know if they would let my 15 year old into Circle C because her cousin will be there too?  I'd rather my 15 year old go with the younger crowd then move the 14 year old up and I feel like that might be more acceptable to Carnival anyway.

Great topic! We are in the exact same boat and the Mrs. is wanting to move the trip back now because she doesn't want the kids separated. We are really hoping for some kind of exception as well. They moved my little guy up last year because he was much too big to play with the small babies. Hoping my daughter will be able to move up and join my son as they are a year apart and we would feel less worried if they can stay together.  

Not quite on point for the OP, but we were able to move my 14yo son up to Club O2 to be with his sister (16).  He's big for his age and passed for 15 easily.  We asked the first evening at the icebreaker and were told if he caused any problems he'd have to revert back to Circle C.  This was a July 2019 cruise and fairly full.

From reading previous threads the best success seems to be had if you ask the first night and are respectful about it.  But no guarantees.

21 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I would ask on the first day.  most likely they will say yes.

Up is much more likely than down IMO, especially when it's obvious that the child would fit in better with the bigger kids (maturity and size wise). I think they are a bit apprehensive about moving kids down do to potential problems/influences. I've read of many ups but never down. Odds are in your favor Hurricane0226.   

Edited by cruisingguy007