Lift & Shift expires today

Honeybadger418

I had a group of friends booked on a cruise to the Greek Islands sailing in September 2021. The group wants to Lift & Shift to September 2022. Problem: The 2022 itineraries aren’t out yet and the Lift & Shift option expires today. Coincidence that the Lift & Shift expires before 2022 sailings are published?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 minutes ago, Honeybadger418 said:

I had a group of friends booked on a cruise to the Greek Islands sailing in September 2021. The group wants to Lift & Shift to September 2022. Problem: The 2022 itineraries aren’t out yet and the Lift & Shift option expires today. Coincidence that the Lift & Shift expires before 2022 sailings are published?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lift & Shift expiration extended until the end of November.

OP, while others are correct in stating that the L&S program has been extended to allow you to make L&S rebookings until the end of November, there has as yet been no extension to the "sail by" date. The new cruise must embark on or before May 2, 2022, so your group will not be able to L&S to September 2022.

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

OP, while others are correct in stating that the L&S program has been extended to allow you to make L&S rebookings until the end of November, there has as yet been no extension to the "sail by" date. The new cruise must embark on or before May 2, 2022, so your group will not be able to L&S to September 2022.

And....no European cruises offered in '22...which is where I'd have to L&S to months of May, June, July '22 (within the 4 week stipulation, # nights, ports, etc).  Probably won't know until next Feb/Mar at which time I'd have to make final payment.  I'd like to cancel right now and stop the 'wondering what will happen next June with my cruise'.  I understand they're gathering feedback and working with CDC, but nothing will happen until there's universal virus control and we can sail more or less safely.