Repricing a cruise

ekallina

2 hours ago, ekallina said:

I have never called to reprice a cruise and was wondering if there is a limited number of times you can request to reprice.

I’ve done it 3 times since I booked in late July.  I will continue to do it every time an offer is to my advantage up until final payment is due. 

23 hours ago, nhtravels said:

If you are before final payment you can keep repricing, right up until that last final payment date.  

After final payment, you might be able to get some OBC, but not a reprice, without a cancellation fee.

This.  The cruise line has no choice as long as you are before final payment and your deposit is refundable.  If they were to refuse to reprice you could simply cancel then call back a minute later and rebook at the lower price.  They know this but probably hope you do not.

14 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I tried to reprice after final payment and was told that since the difference was less than $100, they wouldn't do it.

It's not really worth it in that situation anyway.  I believe that after final payment they give a portion of the cost difference in the form of OBC for the trip.

Just now, hallux said:

It's not really worth it in that situation anyway.  I believe that after final payment they give a portion of the cost difference in the form of OBC for the trip.

They only give the OBC occasionally, it's not a given.  After final payment, you sometimes have the option of upgrading directly with NCL. I've done it a couple of times and it doesn't save me any money but for a bit more cash I get a better stateroom, sometimes even a suite. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I tried to reprice after final payment and was told that since the difference was less than $100, they wouldn't do it.

They don't do it if it's less than $100 because they only give 25% of the difference in OBC. I guess they figure it's not worth it to give less than $25 in OBC. Not sure why they drew the line in the sand there, but they have. 

On 9/30/2020 at 7:27 PM, nhtravels said:

If you are before final payment you can keep repricing, right up until that last final payment date.  

After final payment, you might be able to get some OBC, but not a reprice, without a cancellation fee.

It depends on the promo’s you received.. If they have the same exact promo’s you can get the lower price. If you find it cheaper but with different promo’s, I believe you would basically have to rebook but could lose ur reservation fee of like $30