Should i rebook for nov 2020?

seaman11

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

now that cdc is overruled , would you rebook or wait till they start to get going . i dont want to be stuck in that fcc situation again. 

While almost everybody else will be dining on crow, you should follow your heart and rebook.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally, I rebooked our Dec 2020 cruise until Dec 2021. Partially because I need surgery on my knee and partially I want to wait until vaccines are completely out there and safely in place.

However I am a little concerned that non medical experts appear to be dictating when cruising may resume..however that is still pending.

I think you need to ask yourself a few questions.

Are you Ok if none of the ports are open?  Could be a cruise to nowhere.  Some people love that some are all about the ports.  And most cruise lines sailing in Europe require ship booked excursions or you ain't getting off.  I suspect the sailing from the US will be the same.

Are you OK wearing a mask on the ship when out and about?  Pretty sure mask will be required.  And I wonder how long it will take for some antimask nutjob to get left at the first port.

Are you Ok on a ship with limited entertainment and social distancing. They will be running at 50%-60% occupancy which some will LOVE and others will hate. 

If you are all about just being on the water and finding a quiet place to read then there's never been a better time to book a cruise.

If you like to party you pants off it's probably going to be a big let down. 

Edited by TFLG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

now that cdc is overruled , would you rebook or wait till they start to get going . i dont want to be stuck in that fcc situation again. 

I would wait to rebook. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, d9704011 said:

While almost everybody else will be dining on crow, you should follow your heart and rebook.

Being Seaman11's  history when this first started , I would take my time booking until a hard date is givin to begin sailing.  BTW he was the one eating crow in the spring. His heart was broken more than once..

Once that hard date IS givin, plan on 4-6 weeks after for the first cruise. That timeframe has been echoed by not only a poster or two familiar with cruise/ship operations but also by an NCL rep. I know NCL reps don't always give accurate info, however it does coincide with others.

42 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Being Seaman11's  history when this first started , I would take my time booking until a hard date is givin to begin sailing.  BTW he was the one eating crow in the spring. His heart was broken more than once..

My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  I’ve seen plenty of  Seaman11’s posts over the last few months.

• Like 2

If anyone sails in November you'll be able to get last minute deals for sure.  Demand isn't going to spike as soon as ships get back to sea.  Especially with lots of folks having less disposable income at the moment due to COVID.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lupush said:

If anyone sails in November you'll be able to get last minute deals for sure.  Demand isn't going to spike as soon as ships get back to sea.  Especially with lots of folks having less disposable income at the moment due to COVID.

I was thinking many have been home for months saving money and itching to go and they will fill up fast.  but ill stay put for my dec one and see if that goes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I would wait to see what ships and ports they will go out of (like CCL did this morning) and then pick from one of those ships, but pick the 2nd cruise, so that other folks can get that kinks out for you.

• Like 1

November is usually a good time to save money on land vacations in Florida.  It's also reasonably safe from both hurricanes and blizzards but before the snowbird migration drives up prices.  Combine low season with the "guinea pig risk" of being among the first cruisers and they should be paying you, lol.  I may have just talked myself into going if the price is right at the last minute, lol.  Seriously, though, we will likely wait to see what happens and consider any last minute bargains out of Miami in January/February.   Florida is a cheap ticket from New York and we can always go visit Micky Mouse if the cruise doesn't work out. 

14 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

November is usually a good time to save money on land vacations in Florida.  It's also reasonably safe from both hurricanes and blizzards

Didn't know Florida had blizzards. Just kidding, I know the blizzard chance in Nov is for leaving from New York.

14 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Florida is a cheap ticket from New York and we can always go visit Micky Mouse if the cruise doesn't work out. 

Maybe not with the latest announcement of lay-offs by Disney. Mickey may end up in the unemployment line (right behind Goofy). I know, sad.

27 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Maybe not with the latest announcement of lay-offs by Disney. Mickey may end up in the unemployment line (right behind Goofy). I know, sad.

Oh no, a week at Gatorland in place of a cruise!!!  And here I thought our last "attempted vacation" was lame, lol.

• Haha 1