New Ponant Brochure (includes Paul Gauguin)

Host Jazzbeau

Ponant sent me an email showing the "New Brochure Summer 2021 Collection – Cruises from April to November 2021"

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.54.06 PM.png

but the link goes to a brochure for March to November  2021 so it may not be the revised version yet:

https://en.calameo.com/read/00013242395d18c8ace3d

Paul Gauguin cruises are shown in the calendar (pp 5-7) and in detail on pp 126-128 & 131;  the ship is shown on pp 38-39 and 160-164; prices are on p 173.

Note that the name of the PG ship is now listed as 'The Gauguin,' not 'Paul Gauguin' and not even 'Le Gauguin' [except in the Terms & Conditions sections, and we all know that they don't actually apply...]

• 2 weeks later...

Ponant has a huge amount of our money that they wouldn't refund to us for a cruise that they cancelled in March for an early April sailing. We lost money on our travel to LAX and back on hotel stays and car rentals. I have a nearly zero expectation of cruising on a rescheduled cruise in December 2021, with an itinerary that I have already done except for one uninteresting port, and wasn't planning to do again.

I think the least they could do is send me a brouchure or catalog, no matter how cheap it looks, so I can have the satisfaction of throwing it in the trash, or putting it through the shredder if it's thin enough.

I guess they deleted our name from Paul Gauguin's address list. I looked at Ponant's ships and itineraries online, and they don't interest us. Small, austere cabins, with many cruise locations being very cold and/or very remote. Alaska was too cold for us, and unless Business class airfare is included as it in on Regent, we aren't interested in flying to remote locations for a short cruise at the prices charged by Ponant.

• Like 2

It's more than a little disconcerting that our 11 night Cooks/Society Island cruise scheduled for Sept 25 2021 does not appear in the brochure, nor does it show up on the Ponant website. They show one trip with that itinerary, in July 2021. They have had $3000+ of my money since pre Covid, and we were bumped up to a B Cabin for giving up Cabin 767 when it was thought 767 was going to be lost in the refurbish in May 2020 dry dock. I still see it in Manage my Trips on pgcruises.com, but nowhere in Ponant's web or print advertisements.

SWFLAOK, I would be ill if they had as much of my money as they have of yours, I'm only queasy with my $3K deposit. But it is my money, and I have looked at Ponant's other ships as well, and not impressed. We were actually in PPT eating at the food trucks, on the Friday night before we were to board the  PG on our last cruise in Oct of 2019 when the Paul Gauguin and Le Boreal both berthed at the dock side by side shortly after the purchase of PG by Ponant. They had a big ceremony on the dock, with a show, and speeches, including one by the President of French Polynesia. At the time we had hopeful expectations, little did we know.

• Like 1