Instead of Cancellations and Refunds....

Dunk

...Let's do something fun and speculate about potential Godmothers of Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess!

My choices would be for Enchanted Princess: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. How more "enchanted" is it than to be a little American girl who grows up to marry a Prince? Plus, her sister-in-law is Godmother of Royal Princess, so that goes together nicely. 

For Discovery Princess, I would think that Bindi Irwin would be a great choice. Her dad was instrumental in the early success of Discovery Networks, which is already a partner with Princess. She's followed in her father's footsteps, and seems to be well-liked by many people. 

What say you? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dunk said:

...Let's do something fun and speculate about potential Godmothers of Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess!

My choices would be for Enchanted Princess: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. How more "enchanted" is it than to be a little American girl who grows up to marry a Prince? Plus, her sister-in-law is Godmother of Royal Princess, so that goes together nicely. 

For Discovery Princess, I would think that Bindi Irwin would be a great choice. Her dad was instrumental in the early success of Discovery Networks, which is already a partner with Princess. She's followed in her father's footsteps, and seems to be well-liked by many people. 

What say you? 

I'm not a fan of Meghan (she's anything but enchanting).  Kate is a much better choice ... but, I love your choice of Bindi Irwin for the Discovery Princess.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunk said:

What say you? 

please! Marlke is not particularly loved nor admired.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vjblk said:

I agree. I'm not a fan of Meghan either. 

agree. We Canadians had to foot the bill for the couple’s security while they lived in B.C.  did not get a Thank you from them. 

• Like 2

Meghan has too much baggage to serve as a Godmother. How about Laura Bush? She served as First Lady without scandal, and has always presented herself as gracious and caring. 

I do very much like Bindi as a Princess Godmother, especially for Discovery. It just seems to fit.

Edited by jhannah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You missed "Instead of" in the title.  That's the diversion.  Nice to see discussing of other topics.  

How about Julie Andrews for Enchanted Princess?

That’s a lovely idea! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dunk said:

for Enchanted Princess: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. How more "enchanted" is it than to be a little American girl who grows up to marry a Prince? Plus, her sister-in-law is Godmother of Royal Princess, so that goes together nicely. 

The press would have one believing they do not go together nicely 😅🤣😂

What about Michelle Obama? I bet Oprah would like it too

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the idea of Julie Andrews as Godmother of Enchanted and Bindi Irwin for Discovery!  Those would be really lovely choices.

I'd rather that the cruise lines stay away from Political figures like Laura Bush and Michelle Obama, even though I highly respect both women.  Oprah is already Godmother of the Holland America Nieuw Statendam,  and has/had a marketing relationship with HAL via her "O" Magazine, which has been a controversial topic with many HAL cruisers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You missed "Instead of" in the title.  That's the diversion.  Nice to see discussing of other topics.  

How about Julie Andrews for Enchanted Princess?

I got the instead of, I can read quite well. I surmised it would have alternate refund methods. The title should have stated something more appropriate to the topic to those of us that understand the written word. These boards were supposed to share information and ask relevant questions and specific questions but has gone off the rails quite a while ago.  There's other areas like the float away lounge for items off topic. That's my take on things YMMV. 

Edited by cruzsnooze

16 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I got the instead of, I can read quite well. I surmised it would have alternate refund methods. The title should have stated something more appropriate to the topic to those of us that understand the written word. These boards were supposed to share information and ask relevant questions and specific questions but has gone off the rails quite a while ago.  There's other areas like the float away lounge for items off topic. That's my take on things YMMV. 

You are correct in many of your points.  The concept was interesting.  The delivery could have been more clear.  

8 hours ago, skynight said:

How about a selection of 5 to 10 of Princess' loyal passengers? 

They did something like that before--i forget which ship (no longer in service), but the Godmother was their most travelled passenger at the time. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's just a forum post. I wasn't attempting to write a Pulitzer-Prize winning article. 🙂 I think most people hover over the post title to see more details. 

Edited by Dunk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's hardly off-topic or irrelevant to talk about godmothers for Princess ships, and really?  The boards have "gone off the rails"?  Look around you:  life has gone off the rails since March.    Just relax and go with the flow.  

I love the suggestion of Julie Andrews.  

Never heard of Bindi Irwin before this.  Not a fan of nepotism; has she done anything besides just being the daughter of a dead TV guy?

I nominate Eileen Collins, test pilot and the first female space shuttle pilot.  A woman of achievement on her own.  Space flight definitely fits into the theme of "discovery." 

• Like 1

Have no issues with Julie A.  We share a last name.  LOL.  I think Bindi Irwin would be a good choice - she is more than her late dad's daughter. 

Forget anyone political as much as I might admire Laura Bush.  And forget Meghan Markle.  Need I say more?  And she is also political.

Eileen Collins sounded good too. 

Probably lots of famous and worthy names out there.  I like the idea of finding an Aussie since that market area has become significant for Princess.

Maybe they should find a representative group of a doctor, nurse, medical researcher/scientist, teacher, etc, to acknowledge all the front-line folks in this fight against COVID-19.

• Like 2