huge increase in Business and Econ fares to Europe

Hawaiidan

Last year booked a Bus class  Lax to AMS rt  for 3600 on UAL..  for Sept 2020   then had to cancel and was given e travel certificate for 24 months....  fine...  Went to check the other day and the cheapest I can find is $6300 !!!  with many running $8000+ for Sept 2021     

Do you think this will hold for bookings  after the first of the year when they get more aircraft flying?   Or are they trying to make back all that the lost and this will be the  the new norm ?    I mean getting 2 bus class seats for $7200 was tough enough but at $16,000.00 !!!!!   thats a no go

Thoughts????????

No one can say for sure; anyone who claims to know what will happen is just speculating/guessing.  That said, I wouldn't panic quite yet.  Fares for next Sept have only just been released, and that's largely just fares for early Sept.  It will be late Oct before all of next Sept's fares are released.  Fares are often higher when first released so wait a bit and check again.

Agree...nobody can say for sure. But next September is just coming on the schedule. United has frequently put out very expensive fares the first week or two after fares are released. We almost always fly Business, and we NEVER buy in the first two weeks of fares being released.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Agree...nobody can say for sure. But next September is just coming on the schedule. United has frequently put out very expensive fares the first week or two after fares are released. We almost always fly Business, and we NEVER buy in the first two weeks of fares being released.

I agree... but these fares are from Now for October 2020, all the way to Sept 2021.... looks like no shoulder season    Another worry is that my voucher has to be used on UA only.... no partners allowed....      Thats what worry's me

We booked with Flights By Celebrity for LAX-AMS (DL using KLM) for July 2021 and our price is approx. $3188 pp for our business class seats.

Booking direct with the carrier was only a couple $'s less.

We did the pay later option and I've already done one price reduction change....no fee and we can cancel any time before final and if cruise cancels full refund.

I've never booked cruiseline air but we thought this was the time to try.

Edited by Ashland

It's too early for any reliable numbers for September, but according to ITA you can fly nonstop on Delta from LAX to AMS in business class, departing Aug. 11, 2021, and returning on Aug. 25, for $2379 all in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

It's too early for any reliable numbers for September, but according to ITA you can fly nonstop on Delta from LAX to AMS in business class, departing Aug. 11, 2021, and returning on Aug. 25, for $2379 all in.

This is a great price...I'll keep checking my nonstop July 25- Aug 11 pricing on DL (KLM).

11 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

You are so right.... went in this evening and got a business fare LAX-AMS-ZUR -LAX  for $ 2450 at 6pm     at 0700 this morning it was$ 5960        Breathing is returning to normal levels.....

• Like 1

We just checked two options for next Sep.  From Canada, economy.   First was Athens return, second was Morocco return.

Prices were on par with what we paid in 2019.   Does not matter because we have no intention of booking anything at the moment.