Thermal Suite Spa ???? Covid????

Summerstravel

Has anyone heard anything about the Thermal Suite Spa on Norwegian Cruise ships with the new Covid-19 restrictions? I am huge fan of the spa so I am wondering if the week long package is still going to be an option for us to purchase? 

I have a deposit down on a sailing for January and do not see an option to purchase the package yet? I have not finished payment on the cruise yet. So I am concerned if this going to be available or has maybe sold out. 

Tracie 

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Thermal Suite Spa on Norwegian Cruise ships with the new Covid-19 restrictions? I am huge fan of the spa so I am wondering if the week long package is still going to be an option for us to purchase? 

I have a deposit down on a sailing for January and do not see an option to purchase the package yet? I have not finished payment on the cruise yet. So I am concerned if this going to be available or has maybe sold out. 

Tracie 

Honestly I do not see how you can keep the Thermal spa operational without a Covid vaccine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I am huge fan of the spa so I am wondering if the week long package is still going to be an option for us to purchase? 

I also love the thermal suite and wonder the same thing. The hotel I stayed at in Vegas recently had closed their Jacuzzis in the pool and spa because of covid, and the sauna in the spa was also closed.

If the ship's Jacuzzis, sauna, and salt rooms are not open, I probably will not be purchasing the week pass (unless there's a great big discount).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Tracie 

No word yet. But social distancing would be hard on many of the thermal suite facilities. That being said, NCL is still selling Spa rooms. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I also love the thermal suite and wonder the same thing. The hotel I stayed at in Vegas recently had closed their Jacuzzis in the pool and spa because of covid, and the sauna in the spa was also closed.

If the ship's Jacuzzis, sauna, and salt rooms are not open, I probably will not be purchasing the week pass (unless there's a great big discount).

Yes I am not sure the price tag would be worth it. I am fan of the therapy pool in the spa.  I just can't imagine a cruise with no spa so heartbreaking. 

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No word yet. But social distancing would be hard on many of the thermal suite facilities. That being said, NCL is still selling Spa rooms. 

I wonder if they will limit access to those Spa rooms only. I would hate to pay that price tag and not be able to use all the facilities.  

I have a spa Haven room in January, and if the entire SPA is closed due to COVID I would ask and expect for either a discount or some other service to replace it, as you do pay a slight premium to get that spa access (even if they just refund us the standard cost of a spa pass for 2 for the cruise).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I have a spa Haven room in January, and if the entire SPA is closed due to COVID I would ask and expect for either a discount or some other service to replace it, as you do pay a slight premium to get that spa access (even if they just refund us the standard cost of a spa pass for 2 for the cruise).

Same for me, April 10 Panama cruise on Encore we have a M9 Club balcony Spa (or whatever its called), If no Spa what do they do for compensation? 

• Like 1

My local gym has the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna open but only to one person or one household group at a time. It's time limited but a pain to wait up to 20 minutes for the previous person to finish and I don't bother waiting if anyone else is queueing.

Any form of restriction like this would make it very difficult on a ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oteixeira said:

We just booked a cruise for February and didn't get a Spa room because we aren't sure the Thermal Spa will be open.  Assuming it is, how much should we expect to pay for passes to it on a 7 day cruise?

Thanks.

• Like 1

We currently have the Spa Balcony on the Escape for next November 2021 and we were wondering about that too, The price was only about 2 dollars more than a regular balcony when we got it so we took it. We used our FCC so is paid for.

I wonder about the Haven deluxe suite with Balcony, is being sold in the Spa section but it does not say if they get the complimentary spa pass, is confusing. Anyways hopefully by next year we will have a reliable, safe vaccine but i won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We currently have the Spa Balcony on the Escape for next November 2021 and we were wondering about that too, The price was only about 2 dollars more than a regular balcony when we got it so we took it. We used our FCC so is paid for.

I wonder about the Haven deluxe suite with Balcony, is being sold in the Spa section but it does not say if they get the complimentary spa pass, is confusing. Anyways hopefully by next year we will have a reliable, safe vaccine but i won't hold my breath.

As of last year the Haven Spa suite did get passes. I believe their is only one cabin?

19 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

My local gym has the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna open but only to one person or one household group at a time. It's time limited but a pain to wait up to 20 minutes for the previous person to finish and I don't bother waiting if anyone else is queueing.

Any form of restriction like this would make it very difficult on a ship.

I thought that I had read something like that in the Healthy Sailing recommendations (time limits for saunas etc. and restrictions on number of people) but when I looked for it last night, I couldn't find it.

• Like 1