Attention Solo Cruisers - Uniworld

Roz

It's been a while since Uniworld has offered any solo discounts.  In the past they would offer either a reduced supplement or no supplement on certain itineraries and dates.  When I was looking to book a cruise for Fall of 2021, I didn't even consider Uniworld because their fares had gone up considerably and paying double on top of that was out of the question.  I found a cruise on Tauck in early December 2021 that had a good fare even for double occupancy.  Tauck was offering no single supplement so I jumped on it.  

The other day I was doing some itinerary comparisons, and noticed that Uniworld is offering cruises with NO single supplement in the first half of 2021 on numerous itineraries.  Solos may want to check it out.  I'm guessing Uniworld may be having trouble filling their cabins.  

I've taken 3 solo river cruises with Uniworld and was very pleased with all of them, but am anxious to try Tauck.  When I first started researching river cruises over 5 yrs. ago, I quickly found out that solos can often sail for less on lines such as AMA, Tauck, and Uniworld than they can on Viking.  

I've enjoyed several Uniworld cruises as a single. In April, I hope to sail with Tauck as a single.  Tauck offers the "no single suppliment" only on the lowest category, however.  With Uniworld, I was able to choose whatever category I wanted.  I know I will enjoy the Tauck experience as I have done many "land based" trips with them in the past.  I'm not so sure that I'll like aquarium class.  Right now...I'm just hoping I get the chance to find out!

@mushroom, I had aquarium class on one of my Uniworld cruises and it was fine, but of course I don't know how Tauck's cabins are configured. 

@Lois R, I knew you had a Uniworld cruise booked but for some reason thought you had to postpone it.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it. 

@Coral, I hope so too.  This is getting old, isn't it?