Enchanted Really Coming to the US in January????

Jaymuxman

Our transatlantic on the Enchanted in April 2020 was canceled. We were told it would sail now in May and it would open for booking on October 2. Needless to say, October 2 has come and gone and nothing has shown up. I do realize it is showing Caribbean cruises in January forward but with several weeks of gaps in the scheduling. So, it leaves to wonder if the Enchanted will really come to the US at all. Please no rude comments as they really aren't necessary. 

• Haha 1

Barring nothing significantly happening to Carnival or Princess in the coming months, I really do believe Enchanted will be one of the first vessels to restart operations and that's because of how technologically advanced and modern it is. There's the most opportunity for flexibility (moving around furnishings, allocating adequate rooms and facilities for emergency purposes, taking advantage of Medallion technology, etc.) with their newer vessels, and they will also allow for more guests given the larger amount of space available than that on smaller, older vessels. You're right that we might not know if cruises will even start by January but I think at least one Princess ship could probably be doing something, whatever that may be by then.

6 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

It was originally said October 2nd so I will believe it when I see it...lol

5 hours ago, FineAsFrogsHair said:

The Enchanted trans-Atlantic will be available to book on the 13th according to a Princess rep my TA talked to about our reservation that was for the Apr sailing.  

Oct 02 is for Caribbean voyages.

Oct 13 is for Transatlantic voyages.

image.png.cd60a61e7628e57aa5ed862df94ab587.png

On 10/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, Jaymuxman said:

Our transatlantic on the Enchanted in April 2020 was canceled. We were told it would sail now in May and it would open for booking on October 2. Needless to say, October 2 has come and gone and nothing has shown up. I do realize it is showing Caribbean cruises in January forward but with several weeks of gaps in the scheduling. So, it leaves to wonder if the Enchanted will really come to the US at all. Please no rude comments as they really aren't necessary. 

We are booked for Jan 30,2021 7 days on the Enchanted ,We have not been told anything, it is still open.

On 10/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, FineAsFrogsHair said:

The Enchanted trans-Atlantic will be available to book on the 13th according to a Princess rep my TA talked to about our reservation that was for the Apr sailing.  

Booking opened late Friday October 9, 2020 for Enchanted Princess. Web site shows "no pricing". I called Princess Saturday October 10th and was able to book the transatlantic. Princess was having problems with their web site. I am still waiting for the confirmation email. Was able to log in to my account and view booking in the My Account section. Yes, many were indeed told that the booking would be available by October 13th. Also, the Princess Rep. Tara (best Rep ever)was able to secure ez-ir for us.

1 hour ago, kjg46 said:

Booking opened late Friday October 9, 2020 for Enchanted Princess. Web site shows "no pricing". I called Princess Saturday October 10th and was able to book the transatlantic. Princess was having problems with their web site. I am still waiting for the confirmation email. Was able to log in to my account and view booking in the My Account section. Yes, many were indeed told that the booking would be available by October 13th. Also, the Princess Rep. Tara (best Rep ever)was able to secure ez-ir for us.

we were able to book the Trans-Atlantic early last week....

On Sept 30 my TA was able to rebook my original May 8 21 day RT Barcelona  Med cruise to 3 individual 7 day segments Sept 4-25 of the new Rome itineraries.  2  segments will be repeat of same ports but that is OK for me to be able to see more!

I moved it to Sept for 2 reasons....surely cruising will be up and going by September and secondly I had already booked last year a Celebrity  12 day cruise leaving Sept 28 RT Rome for Israel and Med.  

So it was sort of a win win with only needing to do 1 trip to Rome.  And Princess was able to keep my original OV Cabin S103.