Look Down

Read The Numbers

Be Happy Or Sad

Smile Or Frown

Laugh Or Cry

Vow To Do Better Next Week

And You Will

:classic_smile:

Hi, Belle.   I hope that you enjoyed your time away with your son.

I did not laugh or cry, because I was expecting my results.   I stayed the same.  I have not been being very good and watching what I eat.   I need to try a lot harder.

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread.

I'm up the 0.4 Iost  last week so back to 170. I sure have to get serious  soon!!

My snacks are what's hurting me & my lack of discipline.

I'm typing this while listening to a Zoom presentation. I have access to at least 2 Zooms a day, one of which is an hour of exercise,  so nice when I can fit it in. Looking forward to this aft when I'll talk to a cousin I haven't seen or heard from in maybe 60 years!! Her DM passed away in April apparently from Covid.

Rose ~ staying the same is good. I hear you re trying harder!!

Have a nice weekend. It's our Thanksgiving so there will be turkey & pumpkin pie but no family members .😢

Stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle, thanks for starting us out. 

Nyer, staying the same isn't a gain though, and it's great when you haven't been watching what you eat as closely!

Jo - sorry you are back up. It will be nice to visit with your cousin! Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm down .5 from last week. It's been in the upper 80's for a couple days, so I'm taking the kids swimming after we finish school this afternoon. Hopefully I'll get some good exercise in (and the water will be warm). It will stay warm until Monday, and we'll try to go again that afternoon too. Then we are supposed to drop back to the upper 70's. 

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the poem.

I broke my "stay-the-same" for weeks streak, but in a bad way☹️ I gained 1 lb. Some bad eating choices. Hopefully I get it off next week. 

Today we will be in the 70's, yippee.

Belle, did you stay the same?

Rose, stay the same better than a gain.

Jo, small gain but keep at it.

Mel, good you had a loss. 

Have a good day everyone, Diana

Good Morning all --- Belle, thanks for starting the thread.

Did I mention that I ate ice cream this week?  I am up 1.2# --- I too need to get serious about being healthy.

Sounds like most did ok - stayed the same, lost a little, gained very little.

Hope everyone's day/week is wonderful.  Jan

Overall I’m proud of this group.  Losses and small gains . Imagine where we might be if we weren’t accountable.  

I'm down  1.6 — helps that I live alone.  I keep temptations out of the house.  I am addicted to sugar can’t eat just one of anything sweet.

Had  bad scare on morning walk in park.  My dog was bitten by a small copperhead.  He didn’t have bad reaction just  swelling on chin.   Vet visit 4 shots ,  steroids ,pain, antibiotics. He is his regular self,   thank goodness.    Copperheads are very common in the park.

i saw a friend who has stayed at home until recently.  She has gained 30-40 lbs.  That said staying the same  or gains that are lost quickly are accomplishments.

Belle, welcome back from a much deserved break

Rose, I wish I'd stay the same some weeks

Jo, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving 🦃

So Diana you sent our heat to Mel!! So nice for a cool week here.

Jan 👋 from a fellow ice creamaholic (is that a word? Feels like it should be)

Izena, yes the Covid-19 gain is real!! That's why having weekly accountability keeps me on track. 

Finally I'm back on track too. S has been here all week. He taught 1 class via zoom but otherwise has been using my car to commute to work in SF. His BMW had major problems and stopped running last Saturday. Shop gave a quote of $900 to be minimally drivable, $2900 to replace all but a cracked head & radiator. So he called a tow truck to take it here. Driver asked what his plans were & he said he was selling for parts. The guy bought it for $800!!! (He bought for $2500 a yr ago) so he's in my car & I'm supposed to be in my son's Fiat for the week. Nope ~~~ too small. I'm walking everywhere. So even though S is cooking nightly I'm losing👍

Izena, great weekly loss. So sorry about your dog, that's scary. Glad he's ok. 

Hope too your friend finds the motivation to lose. It's so difficult.

Ombud, oh the cooler weather is so nice. Next week we are supposed to be back around 90 starting Mon. for 1 week, better after that. 

Bummer your son's car was on the blink. Nice you were able to help him. Walking everywhere is great, glad you're losing.

Concerning reading in the news that COVID  cases are on the rise, not just here but Europe too. 

Take care, Diana

Afternoon All. Hope your having a good day and will have a good weekend.

Thank you all again I did enjoy my time away.  Want to go again!:classic_smile:

We had a pretty good week even with the small gains. If we weren't coming in here we

would be gaining more like others with this virus the last 7 months. YES it's been 7 months.

We've done well.

I stayed the same which I'm happy about. I too like the ice cream and the snacking at night.

Think it's a problem for most of us in here. When it happens just have to forget it and get on

track again. But you know we can have it sometimes just..portion control and not go back

for 2nd's and 3rd's.

Happy Thanksgiving  to Jo and to anyone that are celebrating.

Edited by Belle

We finished up school early again, but it was cloudy all day so we didn't go to the pool again. Yesterday, the water was freezing, so I didn't want to chance it. The kids swam for an hour in the cold water yesterday. They don't care, but I do more and more the older I get. 😆 Took the kids to the library instead. DD has a research report due she needed a couple books for anyway. It was pretty empty. We're going to try again on Monday because it's supposed to be in the 90s on Sunday. 

I feel like I'm going to be holding onto stress weight for a couple of days - one of my former brides has ordered a gender reveal cake from me, and her husband put the envelope from their doctor with the baby's gender in my mailbox this afternoon...it's not there! I really didn't want to send her that email, but I wanted to make sure he got the right house, if there was mail already in the box or not, etc. I really hope it was put in my neighbor's box so I can just get it when they get home and that the mailman didn't pick it up thinking it was outgoing mail. Ugh, I just feel sick!  

Mel, hope the letter is in the neighbor's mailbox, what a nightmare.

Anyone mind if I gloat? With cooler temps. not too far away I decided to try on my slim fit jeans. They are my gage as to whether I am doing well eating and exercising. They went on, zipped and are comfortable, yeah. have to keep that momentum going. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Diana

• Like 2

Good Afternoon to ALL no matter where you are.  Your not here!:classic_smile:

Everyone busy doing "this and that".  Hope your enjoying yourself no matter what your doing.

Mel..Hope you found the gender reveal envelope.

Diana...Hope your enjoying the cooler weather. Just read your post. Congrats!

Ombud...Sorry you have no car but happy your losing with all the cooking.

Izena...Happy for your loss but sorry about your dog.

Jan..That darn Ice cream why does it have to taste so good.

Jo...Like ice cream why is snacking feel right at the time:classic_rolleyes:

Rose...Staying the same is good. Your maintaining.

Speaking of Bad or Good.....When your being very good at dieting..What are your tips for us.

Like I do better if I have food prepared and in the fridge and just have to heat up.

(Cook more then I need then have leftovers in fridge)

I have gained more than 15 "covid" pounds and am starting over. You gals are an inspiration. Does anyone use Keto? My husband is starting it, and long as go I had tried it and couldn't lose. Might try again since he is. Wasn't there a keto thread in the past? Or part of this group?

Hello on this Sunday Afternoon.

Hi Etta good to see you.  Yes this group has done well during the last 7 months. Very few gains.

You can too!

I don't think anyone is doing Keto.  I try to do Low Carb  and semi fasting at times.

Maybe you could do low carb (not as strict) while he does Keto.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  Good weather, good eating habits and a good time doing whatever

your doing or not doing. Watching a football game or reading or ect.  Enjoy!:classic_rolleyes:

Etta, sounds like you are motivated to lose. Posting on Belle's threads each week is very helpful.

Belle, glad you're doing well.

Tips for healthy eating? Lately, hubby and I are buying fruit and vegetables in 2-3 lb. bags. Because we cook so much at home it give us options, vegetables say, to roast, saute, steam. So if we don't feel like doning mask, going shopping, we have lots of healthy things to eat. Also, buying that way people hands haven't been all over the actual food........We always have chicken and lean pork in the freezer.

We have lovely weather today, air quality is "excellent", 80 degrees. More heat starting tomorrow, 90's through Saturday.

Diana

Welcome Etta. I can't wrap my head around keto - I guess I'm just not a measure your macros kind of girl. I felt like I needed to keep a calculator on me at all times when I tried it. I just try to stay with whole food carbs - lots of veggies and a little fruit - and try to cut out all the processed carbs and sugar. Good luck to you and your husband!

Diana - Congrats on the jeans! 

I hate food prep, so I'm always better when DH is cooking the meals. 😉  It also helps me to not have bad stuff right in front of me. I have more cravings if I can see what I shouldn't have - like when the kids leave out a bag of chips, I'll mindlessly grab a couple when I put it away. I don't even think about it until they're in my mouth. 

Most of my children have decided to become healthy (Except for my middle child, who is already healthy!!).  It seems that all the other kids have gained ... One son is now doing keto with his spouse and my daughter and her husband are doing weight watchers.  They are all on week 3 and I can see a change with them all.   

DH and I sat and talked about changing our diet last Friday and have decided as of today that we would again try to be healthier ... we went grocery shopping together and have planned out meals.  Sad part is I know that DH only has to "snap his fingers" and he loses weight.  I am going to count calories ... that seems to work the best.  I seem to have gained about 15# during covid and still would like to lose an extra 5-10# .... so today is the beginning of a new way of eating.  

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Mel nice you have a "cook".  Did you get the gender reveal worked out?

Kind of. I had not heard back from the couple, so I called them this afternoon. It turns out he did put the envelope in out box before our mail came. The mailman must have picked it up. They fortunately have another doctors appointment tomorrow, and they are going to bring me a new envelope after their appointment. Thank goodness they are close by!

Jan - It's never fair that men lose so much quicker than we do!

Good Afternoon All...Sure is quiet in here.

Jan..Nice your husband and  the whole family  want to eat healthier.  Be easier to

plan dinners when you get together.  Yes..why do men lose faster even when they eat more?

Try not to get mad at him!:classic_rolleyes::classic_laugh:

Mel..Hope you got the envelope today and can make plans for the cake.

What's everyone doing? Busy or just tired of everything? Doing nothing and have nothing to

talk about?  That's usually me...boring life at the moment.

Have something to talk about today. Got another free cruise offer and I took it. Even with paying

port tax and insurance I save so much because as a single I have to pay double, so a free cruise

saves me a lot. Now the problem..Will I be able to take the cruises? Will they cruise? At the time

they sail (if sail) will I feel it's safe enough to sail or will I or they cancel.  I feel safe right now

with how the cruises are doing in Europe. But will they do that good here. I would expect it to. 

But some people in the good old USA don't do what they are expected to do or the virus counts

wouldn't be going up. Least the cruises I booked and you booked aren't till next year.  Pray that

next year is a better place for the whole world.

We decided to move our Jan '21 cruise to Feb '22. I think I have a date picked out, and we're going to be repeating an itinerary we will be doing in October 2021, but my MIL will be with us and the kids can show her around the ports. Then we're starting to plan for Alaska for DH's 50th just a little later in 2022. We have a ton of OBC on the Jan cruise - some from booking onboard, some from a cancelled cruise. I'm hoping it all follows us to the new booking.

Mel, Jan, great your husbands can work with you on healthy eating. Mine, not so much......

I worked on making better choices this week so hopefully I have a loss on Thursday.

Belle, yes, not sure what the future will bring. Hopefully you can go on all your cruises. 

I agree though, life kind of boring. Not a whole lot to report.....

The highlight of my day today was putting fresh polish on my toes..

Have a good evening everyone, Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1