COVID-19 and Human crowdedness in dining rooms

dumbo22

Hi all,

I love dining experience on cruise ship, but I was wondering how will COVID-19 affect your perception ofĀ Human crowdedness ?

Ā 

In my case it wont at all. I don't mind having people around me as long as everyone is screened prior to sail.

36 minutes ago, dumbo22 said:

Hi all,

I love dining experience on cruise ship, but I was wondering how will COVID-19 affect your perception ofĀ Human crowdedness ?

Ā 

In my case it wont at all. I don't mind having people around me as long as everyone is screened prior to sail.

With new protocols, enhanced air filtration,Ā and reduced capacity, Iā€™ll be looking forward toĀ the dining experience again.
Ā 

For me, itā€™s been necessary to continue goingĀ to restaurants throughout the pandemic due to my job. Iā€™ve actually enjoyed doing so while occupancy has been limited. Even if it we werenā€™t facing a pandemic, itā€™s been nice to have extra space and a quieter dining experience.Ā But during the last few weeks, when several states have lifted occupancy restrictions, itā€™s been back to packed restaurants with very few protocols in place.Ā 
Ā 

As mentioned above, Iā€™m looking forward to the dining room experience again, but while thereā€™s a virus present, Iā€™d prefer if capacity restrictions and distancing are enforced. I donā€™t care about sharing a large table, or to have smaller tables so close to each other, that it feels as if Iā€™m dining with people sitting at the table next to mine.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

With new protocols, enhanced air filtration,Ā and reduced capacity, Iā€™ll be looking forward toĀ the dining experience again.
Ā 

For me, itā€™s been necessary to continue goingĀ to restaurants throughout the pandemic due to my job. Iā€™ve actually enjoyed doing so while occupancy has been limited. Even if it we werenā€™t facing a pandemic, itā€™s been nice to have extra space and a quieter dining experience.Ā But during the last few weeks, when several states have lifted occupancy restrictions, itā€™s been back to packed restaurants with very few protocols in place.Ā 
Ā 

As mentioned above, Iā€™m looking forward to the dining room experience again, but while thereā€™s a virus present, Iā€™d prefer if capacity restrictions and distancing are enforced. I donā€™t care about sharing a large table, or to have smaller tables so close to each other, that it feels as if Iā€™m dining with people sitting at the table next to mine.Ā 

I echo your thoughts on this one. Physical distancing is need it just for a sake of peace of mind. As I am going for dining here on land, I found my self choosing restaurants that are not crowded. And if some one coughs, it makes me anxious. I hate that 'worm of doubt" in my head, but I love dining on cruise ships and cant wait to go on a cruise.

• Like 1

I agree with Tapi's comments about restrictions enforced and reduced capacity.Ā  I think I must reluctantly--at this time--agree with his comments about not sharing tables and having more space between tables.Ā  Dining with fellow cruise guests is part of the cruise experience that I enjoy.Ā  For now, I guess, if I am cruising again, I will be "my own best company" at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Ā 

9 hours ago, dumbo22 said:

As I am going for dining here on land, I found my self choosing restaurants that are not crowded. And if some one coughs, it makes me anxious. I hate that 'worm of doubt" in my head,

Ā 

I have yet to dine at a restaurant (other than for take-out or delivery) since mid-March.Ā  Not because I don't want to do so because I do.Ā  But for the very reasons that you posted.Ā  How do I know they won't be crowded?Ā  (I won't until I arrive.)Ā  With others around me with their masks off while they are dining and talking, then, that "worm of doubt", as you so well describe it, will creep into my brain and cause me to wonder:Ā  is what you are doing the best decision you could have made today?Ā  Just not worth it for me at this time.

Can't wait to get back in one of the dining rooms on any Princess Cruise Ship, the more the merrier.

I see any of you wearing a mask anywhere on the ship much less in one of those magnificent dining rooms I'll laugh you off the ship, and so will everyone else.šŸ¤­šŸ˜‰Ā 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 9:11 PM, TTEllis said:

Can't wait to get back in one of the dining rooms on any Princess Cruise Ship, the more the merrier.

I see any of you wearing a mask anywhere on the ship much less in one of those magnificent dining rooms I'll laugh you off the ship, and so will everyone else.šŸ¤­šŸ˜‰Ā 

šŸ‘Ž

• 1 month later...