The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

I'm all for including pictures that you don't know what they are, as long as they are from a river cruise or excursion.Ā  I tend to take pics of things I find interesting, but not always something that a guide may point out.Ā  It would be nice to know what my pics are.Ā  I think if we are going for the "unknowns", maybe include the town like Ritabob did as I find some of the pictures are getting a little to difficult to even guess where they are from.

Thanks dogs4fun, confirm it is Schloss Liebig, the other one in Kobern-Gondorf, not the one in the Moselle thread photo. Upmarket wine cellar place and venue.

Ā 

@RitabobĀ if you are happy with our efforts, please hand this to dogs4fun of course - have fun continuing with photo or wild card.

Ā 

Talk to you tomorrow.

Ā 

notamermaid

Ā 

Ā 

I shall leave this in Ritabob's capable hands then to tell us if she is happy with the answer and from my side it would be a wild card, too. Would love to see a new poster or someone who has been waiting for weeks...

Ā 

Better put this phone down before it falls out of my tired hands.Ā šŸ˜‰Ā 

Ā 

notamermaid

Ā 

• Like 1

WILDCARD!

Ā 

Thanks everyone!Ā  Ā I will look up the story about this building.Ā  Ā I was not able to get Google street view, so could not find it myself.Ā  The bike ride was fun, the cruise company bussed us up stream and dropped us off to meet the guides and bicycles. The guides, who were decades younger, kept up a pace that was a bit of a challenge for the 26+km route.

RBĀ 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ritabob said:

WILDCARD!

Ā 

Thanks everyone!Ā  Ā I will look up the story about this building.Ā  Ā I was not able to get Google street view, so could not find it myself.Ā  The bike ride was fun, the cruise company bussed us up stream and dropped us off to meet the guides and bicycles. The guides, who were decades younger, kept up a pace that was a bit of a challenge for the 26+km route.

RBĀ 

I Found this picture on lineĀ  hereĀ 

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Moselle/@49.8835105,6.9413708,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipM8J8T5F9pM-QxcQfRW7oKPWoUtzQFKF_TT2f1j!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipM8J8T5F9pM-QxcQfRW7oKPWoUtzQFKF_TT2f1j%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i4032!8i3024!4m5!3m4!1s0x47be2bfd56228557:0xe725c884d984bf32!8m2!3d49.1169679!4d6.7399173?hl=en&authuser=0

Ā 

Hope it will help a bit.

Ā 

Theo

@RenmarĀ thanks for the photo. Sometimes, like in this one, I find the castles along the Rhine and Moselle more appealing when they are not in sunshine. You know, a bit more like the Romantics liked to see them. In the photo the Moselle is a bit high in its level and obviously a bit brown, carrying much soil with it. Schloss Liebig has got something, not brooding, more enchanting. Really like it.

Ā 

@dogs4funĀ thanks for the info on Verona bridge. I enjoyed Verona but it was a bit crowded. I never saw the bridge, but the Colosseum, what a building!

Ā 

Now, everybody awake in the Americas? Burning the midnight oil in Australia? Spare time to join us from anywhere in the world?

Ā 

There is a wild card for posting a photo for this quiz. We still have not had a photo from the Oder, the Weser, the Loire and I believe the Garonne.

Ā 

Or have you seen your river cruise experience well represented, but there is that one village/castle/building on the Danube or... within that collection that you just cannot remember and would like us to find out for you? Give us a hint please and we will try to help. Remember, the prize stays the same - the one who solves the quiz gets to post the next photo.

Ā 

Be quick - the regulars are just round the corner eager to post. But I am sure they are happy to wait a couple of hours...

Ā 

Enough talking! Keep us busy guessing till we can cruise again.

Ā 

notamermaid

Ā 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

Of course I know where this is located @CoralĀ - one of our common areas of interest.Ā šŸ˜‰Ā In what month was this photo taken?

June 11. I had no idea I would hit this area around a holiday as it was a newer holiday from my previous knowledge. We did have great weather on this trip. My previous trip hit this area in July and it was really hot visiting inside museums in this area.

Ā 

I knew you would know but figured it would be easy for others to figure out.

Edited by Coral

43 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

Perhaps this might help:Ā 

https://www.360cities.net/image/tomb-of-the-unknown-soldier-moscow

And while you're at it, you might want to pop in & visit Lenin's Mausoleum.Ā 

Wow. Remind me not to be on the same Trivia Pursuit team as you! šŸ™‚

Ā 

BTW - did you ever go inside the Mausoleum? We did way back when. Pretty creepy.Ā 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

BTW - did you ever go inside the Mausoleum? We did way back when. Pretty creepy.Ā 

Yes - twice. The last visit was a few years ago as my SIL wanted to visit. Yes, I find itĀ very creepy - Lenin looks like one ofĀ Madame Tussauds wax sculptures. The lighting is also creepy as it is quite dark insideĀ & there are guards in every nook & cranny. Probably won't be visiting again (unless someone in my family wants to visit and twists my arm).

Ā 

Looks like nobody is chiming in so I take the opportunity to give the answer, at least I thinkĀ this is the answer.

Ā 

Moscow, Alexandrovsky Sad.

Ā 

Actually @dogs4funĀ gave the answer already a couple of posts back. If correct lets call a WILDCARD because it's time for me to call it the night, time to go to bed and it will be a while before I have my first coffee tomorrow around 11:00 AM Pacific time.

Ā 

Theo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Renmar said:

Looks like nobody is chiming in so I take the opportunity to give the answer, at least I thinkĀ this is the answer.

Ā 

Moscow, Alexandrovsky Sad.

Ā 

Actually @dogs4funĀ gave the answer already a couple of posts back. If correct lets call a WILDCARD because it's time for me to call it the night, time to go to bed and it will be a while before I have my first coffee tomorrow around 11:00 AM Pacific time.

Ā 

Theo

I was looking for Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Moscow or Tomb of the Unknown Soldier right outside of Red Square.

Ā 

I think Alexandrovsky Sad is a Metro Station.

Ā 

@dogs4funĀ was trying to help someone say what it was.

Ā 

Let's call it a WildCard since Renmar is busy right now.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

Thanks @Renmar. I got a bit confused over this as the answer was there but not there. @dogs4funĀ on behalf of Coral or @CoralĀ personally, would you like to confirm?

Ā 

notamermaidĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

You have to give us time in the US to wake up! It is not even 6 am (5 am for @dogs4funĀ šŸ™‚Ā )

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

My apologies, I did not mean to rush. Good morning to you šŸ˜Š

Ā 

notamermaid

Ā 

No worries - I forget what time it is in other parts of the world all the time! Monday's are always difficult šŸ™‚Ā