The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

1 minute ago, Coral said:

That place looks amazing!

It is a hidden gem. Away from the city, but not too far. Not crowded at all. I'd like to return and spend more time there. It wasn't hard to get a pic without many people

IMG_7084.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acwmom said:

It is a hidden gem. Away from the city, but not too far. Not crowded at all. I'd like to return and spend more time there. It wasn't hard to get a pic without many people

IMG_7084.JPG

I loved my one day in Munich and would love to return. Thanks for posting the pics.

20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Already answered.

Did not even check if the answer was given. Must have been the wine 🍷🍷 (always have happy hour on Friday around 5:00PM).

As for the wild card I wonder if it would be OK to post a picture of a place that is not really connected with River Cruising but does involve a river. I can think of many places that have awesome rivers but no way you can cruise on them. Maybe @notamermaid will chime in to give the answer to that as she is the one that started this tread.

Theo

5 hours ago I suspect Notamermaid was in the land of nod. I could bore you with thousands, well hundreds of photographs but a few remarks have really put me off contributing. Today is a really sad day for our country and especially our Queen, what an amazing lady.

okay I give up this taken from a coach as you can see. Country obvious area questionable one of two.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec95df3256a84ab2f6cea021c1a28473.jpeg

Two things I would like to keep: 1. the basic rules of connecting this game to rivers and canals for river cruising.

2. the fun of lots of people joining in

For the second, I would like to see many different photos, be they obvious or not so obvious.

It need not be the challenge to find an obscure place if it is instantly recognizable that is fine and may encourage others to join that have not been around much.

If you run out of photos that is a natural course, kind of ...

I am close to having to scan in analogue photos as most of my trips in the digital age have been to Britain.

In a sense, the game has been dragged out beyond what I had thought would be the return to river cruising, i.e. March or April at the latest.

Let's keep going for a bit longer...

@Canal archive nice windmill, precariously perched on a house?? It is on a canal or body of water. Is it the Ijsselmeer?

notamermaid

• Like 1

It really looks as if someone had small house and then decided to put a windmill on it. Strange, as there is tons of space around it...

Across that canal is another windmill. First I thought it may the one at Haarlem but it looks different, so I still have no idea where this might be. This is Haarlem, also on a building but it looks safer: https://www.holland.com/global/tourism/destinations/more-destinations/haarlem/molen-de-adriaan.htm

notamermaid

Windmill "De Bleeke Dood" (The Bleak Dead ??) in Zaandijk the Netherlands. The windmill across the water is at "The Zaanse Schans" . 

If you want to read more about this windmill (or any other windmill in the Netherlands) then click the link below. Their website covers pretty well all windmills in "Dutchland" 😊

https://www.molendatabase.nl/nederland/molen.php?nummer=756

Theo

Absolutely correct Renmar our tour guide was so pleased that the traffic lights were red so that he could explain more about this windmill. We had been arranged into more groups than usual for this tour so very small groups led by students starting early morning. So excellent enthusiastic youngsters more time and space to see everything at eventually Zaanse Schans, very very good cruise director that trip. Never heard the expression ‘Dutchland’ not to sure what my Netherlands Scouting friends would think of that.

So your turn Renmar! CA