The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

35 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm really looking forward to finding out what this is about!

Unless I am way out in left field, you don't have to wait very long I guess. It is a well known architectural designed entrance to a subway station in Europe, probably Germany. I have seen a picture of it somewhere in my files but have to look up where exactly it is. Stay tuned (unless somebody beat me to it).

Theo

• Like 1

Hopefully somebody else has better luck finding the exact location, so far I am unable to locate the picture I have (memory sometimes sucks when we get older 🤔). I can take a wild guess of one of the cities we visited in 2017; Nuremberg ??

Theo

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

Bockenheimer Warte station Frankfurt. CA

It is in Frankfurt. (Not sure of the name - but I will give it to you.). Our River cruise started in Frankfurt, we overnighted there before and visited the Christmas Markets in the morning. We had about an hour to kill before going to the meeting place for the start of the cruise. We saw the HO Ho bus and the driver gave us a discount for  a circuit on the route - we didn't want to hop on  and off. Saw the underground station from the bus.  Here is a broader view.

P1020954.JPG

56 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ca8a4a1d0015dba62e977a81b9f51a8.jpeg

This ones a bit off the wall but try for the country or region river or alcoholic beverage involved, you may recognise or get an idea from the mode of transport.

I am guessing Hannibal, MO - Mississippi River is not correct?

I swear I have seen that there 🙂

2 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Try a different continent. I didn’t think to use USA photos so must check if we went anywhere near cruising rivers. CA

Several of us have posted Oregon photos and they are recognized right away.

Have never been to Oregon, but have been to California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Florida and Louisiana so I think the only USA river pictures I have are from Louisiana. Hopefully will be able to visit New England in the as near as possible future CA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Have never been to Oregon, but have been to California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Florida and Louisiana so I think the only USA river pictures I have are from Louisiana. Hopefully will be able to visit New England in the as near as possible future CA

Too bad you missed Canada, especially British Columbia &  Alberta. The Rocky Mountains are spectacular. Maybe after Covid19 you could give it a try.

Theo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Too bad you missed Canada, especially British Columbia &  Alberta. The Rocky Mountains are spectacular. Maybe after Covid19 you could give it a try.

Theo

The East Coast is beautiful as well.  I've travelled through every province, and each is unique, which makes great trips.

Renmar my Aunt and Uncle (sadly now passed) emigrated to Canada when I was a child. We decided to visit them several years ago, flew to Toronto hired a car and toured around discovered Canadian Wine - you kept that one quiet and various other places. Then flew to Vancouver for several days up the Howe Sound etc. Then the Rocky Mountenier what a trip then ice fields parkway to Jasper where they lived at the time. Visited my cousin, she had Beaver at the end of her garden then on to Calgary and home. We couldn’t work it at the same time as the Stampede another excuse to return and my aunt now lives on the island (Vancouver). CA

43 minutes ago, Daisi said:

The East Coast is beautiful as well.  I've travelled through every province, and each is unique, which makes great trips.

I must admit that there is a vast swath of Canada that I haven't visited. I have not been anywhere between Thunder Bay and Vancouver. In particular, I have never seen the Rockies. It is something that I must do.

• Like 1

Your the closest gnome12 but it was Cider we went to see the production of in Normandy one of worlds great cider producing regions. Whilst there a Frenchman (the tractor driver and owner of the facility) an Englishman an Australian and a Canadian got together the visitors admitted to disliking Cider so the Frenchman produced several versions of Calvados produced by his friends, the afternoon went downhill from there. A most enjoyable extremely wet day in France where the entaunt was extremely cordial.

Gnome12 have you got a photograph?