The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

1 minute ago, Daisi said:

Ok, never been to that State, but I figured it out.  Nice one @capriccio, don't get many American river shots here.

There have been a few Oregon photos. They are recognized right away.

Edited by Coral

14 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

With all the neon signs I thought it looked American and familiar even to my eye. It must be an iconic street which is often published in photographs.

notamermaid

Have you been to the US? I know Steamboats has.

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

Have you been to the US? I know Steamboats has.

No, never have left Europe. A pity there is so much water between Europe and America otherwise I would have gone to the New England states or Canada. I hate flying.

notamermaid

12 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

Memphis,  Beale Street, Mississippi River, USA 

RB 

That's right!  We took a Mississippi River Cruise from New Orleans to Memphis and than spent 2 more days in Memphis.  It was the first time we had ever been there.  What an interesting city with great music.

Your turn Ritabob!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

No, never have left Europe. A pity there is so much water between Europe and America otherwise I would have gone to the New England states or Canada. I hate flying.

notamermaid

You will make it over here one day!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

notamermaid

We met a couple on one of our river cruises who hated flying.  They cruised from the US to Europe, took a river cruise and did some independent traveling, and then took another cruise back to the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ritabob said:

Name the river, city and you, too, can post a fun picture from your river cruise

Very crafty. 😊At first blush, I thought UK (Disraeli) but, alas, I was incorrect. Found the hotel but have never noticed the huge quote when in the city (I suspect that I didn't actually walk down the street on which it is located even though it is close to the museums and a very interesting market).

Edited by dogs4fun

The wires suggest that there is a tram line. The building in the background and the blue street sign on the building I find a bit confusing. A major city, no doubt. But where? Not Germany I would say.

notamermaid

FWIW - the Disraeli quote no longer exists on this building - the mural was redone in 2018 and now sports a heron. The new mural is quite stunning - will make a point to view it when I next visit this city. 🙂

Edited by dogs4fun

Vada _9  is the winner!

After I posted the picture I noticed the name of the hotel...ooops.  I was cropping my photo to cut out all the bicycles at the bottom.  As far as the quote, I have seen more than I remember and remember even less.

RB 

Just now, Ritabob said:

Vada _9  is the winner!

After I posted the picture I noticed the name of the hotel...ooops.  I was cropping my photo to cut out all the bicycles at the bottom.  As far as the quote, I have seen more than I remember and remember even less.

RB 

Thanks, I did cheat with the name. But I had found a cute photo that I have been wanting to use. We took the close up because of the strategically placed coke can.

IMG_5370.JPG

5 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

How’s that new grand baby @vada_9?

He is doing well - already putting on weight. Husband and I drove home later that week - the 12 hour drive killed us. There was so much road works that it added an extra hour to the journey. We are flying back next weekend for his sisters 2nd birthday. Thank goodness for Messenger/facetime/skype video chatting.

Glad we are able to travel easily in our state, (and interstate maybe.) Who knows when we will be able to jump on a plane or boat to leave our country. But, we are booked for our first jab this afternoon -woo hoo.

• Like 4

Complete coincidence, but the German in the window says something about quality ... wellness ... feet - the two young fishermen are barefooted - as is the Baby Jesus in Mary's arm...

Love the coke can :classic_biggrin:.

Oh, and I have no idea where this is apart from the German language realm.

notamermaid

12 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Complete coincidence, but the German in the window says something about quality ... wellness ... feet - the two young fishermen are barefooted - as is the Baby Jesus in Mary's arm...

Love the coke can :classic_biggrin:.

Oh, and I have no idea where this is apart from the German language realm.

notamermaid

I know you have visited this town/city

Have I? Oops, I have still no idea. Cannot even say a river. From the look of the Madonna and child statue, I would put this in a more South Eastern area of Germany and beyond. In the grand river tour this would be upstream on the Main past Aschaffenburg and anywhere downstream on Canal or Danube.

notamermaid

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

Is it Wurzbergs drinking fountain? CA

I think you have it! Fischerbrunnen Wurzburg.

It reminded me of Hummels my Mom and Grandmother collected in Germany when my Mom was a military brat in Wurzburg (1950's - 1960's).

Thank you Coral, that’s exactly what it reminded me of but for the life of I could not remember the name Hummel, you jogged the little grey cells, a very good friend of mine has the most amazing collection of the figures. CA

Edited by Canal archive

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I think you have it! Fischerbrunnen Wurzburg.

It reminded me of Hummels my Mom and Grandmother collected in Germany when my Mom was a military brat in Wurzburg (1950's - 1960's).

Like this little fellow: https://www.hummel-figuren.de/a-hum-373-ascher-der-fischer.html

notamermaid