The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

Well I did say in the earlier post that the visit technically wasn’t part of a river cruise. 🤷🏻‍♂️
We docked right in the central part of the city, within walking distance of this - 

E77D6F0E-1F60-4436-A5DB-D138717AF9D2.jpeg

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

With this new hint, I'm going to guess Seville on the Guadalquivir River – which is served by CroisiEurope's La Belle de Cadiz rivership.

Thats it!

We visited Seville, with OAT on Grand Circle Cruise Line’s MV Corinthian. While not river cruises we have enjoyed a number of OAT small ship cruises. 
Corinthian on the left in a different river city. 

3254C3C1-88A2-419C-9D5A-C586FF627573.jpeg

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

With this new hint, I'm going to guess Seville on the Guadalquivir River – which is served by CroisiEurope's La Belle de Cadiz rivership.

Had no idea that cruises on the Guadalquivir were a "thing". Just checked-out CroisiEurope's website to see what places are visited on these sailings. Looks interesting.

Edited by dogs4fun

The river extends farther upstream than the cruises go, but it isn't navigable all the way. There was a discussion of this earlier in this thread, when we clarified that the Guadalquivir qualifies under the rules of the game.

42 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The river extends farther upstream than the cruises go, but it isn't navigable all the way. There was a discussion of this earlier in this thread, when we clarified that the Guadalquivir qualifies under the rules of the game.

Rules? I didn’t know there were rules. I only picked up this thread recently. 🤦🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Rules? I didn’t know there were rules. I only picked up this thread recently. 🤦🏻‍♂️

You sound like a fellow Al Collins 'bandito':  Badges???  We don' got to show you no stinkin' badges!!!

6 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

The location is supposed to be accessible from a river cruise, either directly, as an excursion, or a pre- or post-cruise extension.

1 hour ago, CPT Trips said:

Ha Ha CPT, now you have to read the whole thread...all 178 pgs.  

It is nice to see you posting here again though...:)

45 minutes ago, Coral said:

Aaah the text is on that side! That definitely is unique for its location.

A very interesting place, although I have only seen it from a dayboat.  [ACL does have overnight cruises up the Hudson, to fit the rules of this game!]

https://bannermancastle.org/

• Like 1

I’ve just seen the castle and remembered a river cruising programme it was on, not to self remember to expand the ‘little gray cells’. I knew I should have done the Sound of Music tour but I’d seen the first part of the film so many times in my youth as a cinema usherette for pocket money I couldn’t be asked to do the tour. CA

7 hours ago, HoneyJan said:

Sound of Music Pavilion at Helbrunn Castle on the outskirts of Salzburg. River Salzach, Austria 

Incorrect. I wish I had been able to do that tour but so much to do in Salzburg, so little time.

Edited by Coral