The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

I dont have a guess  but with all these pictures of things in places we visited on the Budapest to Amsterdam trip that I missed or don't remember we will have to go AGAIN!!!!  Thanks everyone for sharing!!! 

• Like 1

Notamermaid, thank you so much for starting (and beautifully curating) this fun and challenging thread. Investigating the photos of others, and revisiting my own photos, has been a great distraction during these difficult times. I hope the thread continues.

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

Please, DO NOT POST any PHOTOS unless it is your turn

D00B2798-7764-4641-BF6F-8C1A4AFDB4D6_1_201_a.jpeg

Oh, what a lovely vaulted ceiling, I love Gothic, especially fan vaults (they are particular to Britain, see King's College Chapel). And it looks clean, i.e. renovated, too (or is it the lighting?). Flame-like, yes, is that flamboyant in architecture? Right, had forgotten... French, yes, I would go for that too. It has more -gons than four I think, hexagon or octagon, probably. A chapter house in a cathedral?

Hmm, err, no. I won't have a further guess for the time being. Looking forward to hearing others' comments. I hope I have not been there. It is embarrassing when I cannot remember the place. Like with Salzburg. I have actually been there, but only remember a beautiful garden that I saw. I am sure I walked past that horse fountain... But after more than 25 years one should not be too harsh with one's memory, I guess. :classic_wink:

notamermaid

• Like 1

Sorry QueenofEverything, I guess the "insert other media" doesn't work.

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place.
The person one who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo!

Please, DO NOT POST any PHOTOS unless it is your turn

Ok, this will be my last one for a while, but seeing that we are into ceilings let's see if you look up when you visit!

IMG_2707.JPG

I think it's stucco or similar. See the shadows along the edges of the green stalks, from the camera flash (or more likely, from the natural lighting coming in from one side)? It looks 3-dimensional. That still doesn't help me determine a location, yet...

Edited by jpalbny

I agree with the stucco. Also appears slightly vaulted. I am thinking of something rustic and secular. Something like a manor house in the country. Or even a wine cellar kind of thing. Anywhere South of an imaginary line Luxembourg to Dresden.

This is very difficult.

I hope Daisi can at least confirm one of my ideas. But I could be very mistaken.

notamermaid

7 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

Too funny!

Ok!  Wild Card time!  Who wants to post???

Oh, that is annoying I am cooking dinner and have no time to post. Grin. No, seriously another opportunity for readers in the background to jump in and post us their photo.

Shall we keep this open for a few hours? I would love to see a new avatar...

notamermaid

• Like 2