Our cruise officially cancelled

Mrs f.

16 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

This may not be relevant to O but I ran into my neighbor out walking yesterday.  He is a high level exec for DCL.  He said they are starting up full force Dec 1.  I questioned him a bit and he said they have been executing the Dec start plan for awhile and will be ready to go.  Maybe there is hope!

It may depend on what ports are open...

19 hours ago, msears101 said:

It is interesting they cancelled this one and NOT the following cruise on Dec 20th for the Riveria.  My interpretation is they are dialing in a 'realistic' projected start date and could be a sign they are actively working a plan together to get sailing again.  It seems to be the most likely explanation to  only cancel two cruises on Riviera (compared to what was announced just last week.)  God help us if they start cancelling cruises, two cruises at a time.

12/20 is cancelled.

For what it's worth my opinion is that cruising to exotic destinations will not begin until the middle of 2021.

The reason that they only cancel cruises two months at a time is to stop people from canceling on their own and requesting a refund . They wait until you've made your final payment and then cancel the cruise hoping that you will take future Cruise credit rather than a refund .

If the cruise fare goes up by more than 25% for the same Cruise next year what is the benefit in taking a future Cruise credit. You would be better off waiting and see what kind of deal is offered at the last minute.

• Like 1

Got a message on Friday that our Sirena cruise for Dec 11 was cancelled and contacted my agent.  She contacted Carlos who said it was not cancelled but nothing was sent out by Oceania to indicate otherwise.  Today they are expecting final payment.  What is everyone else being told? 

2 hours ago, dj_crusin said:

According to our Oceania rep our December 19 Marina cruise HAS NOT been cancelled.  The EMails were sent in error.

I cannot see  people being allowed to cruise  by Dec

& what ports  are going to allow  600+ passengers to  get off  & tour  their cities

but good luck   if you plan on sailing

JMO

I got an email saying my cruise, 12/3 - Riviera - 10 days - was cancelled.  My travel agent said it was not.  I called Oceania and Oceania said the email was sent in error and the cruise is still on.  So, it looks that December cruises are still on though I can't say with absolute certainty.  My 12/3 cruise could still be on the chopping block as it doesn't fall within Del Rio's 60 day window to get ships back to full operation.  

Lots of rumors floating around about Oceania December cruises being cancelled.  Just received an email from our TA that the December 19 Marina cruise has not been cancelled "yet" and asking permission to make final payment.  I'm going to allow this payment to be made although I'm going to be very annoyed if the cruise is cancelled a few days after final payment has been made.

I would be confirming  the port city is allowing  people to enter the Country  or is it only open to  citizens of that Country.

If you need to fly to a different Country  what are the requirements when you arrive ?

Do you need to quarantine ?  Do you need  a negative Covid test ?

JMO

• Like 1

Lets be realistic folks, NO ONE is cruising anywhere in the world except short 3-5 day private island cruises until mid 2021.  At best most countries will not let you in without 14 day of more quarantine. Why would you take a cruise when you cannot get off the ship to eat, sightsee, shop.  Sold out cruises cannot be really sold out with a number of cabins set aside for isolation and to account for social distancing.   The virus is worldwide and not just USA.  Numbers from Africa (except South Africa) are totally unknown.

4 hours ago, CincyAL said:

Lets be realistic folks, NO ONE is cruising anywhere in the world except short 3-5 day private island cruises until mid 2021.  At best most countries will not let you in without 14 day of more quarantine. Why would you take a cruise when you cannot get off the ship to eat, sightsee, shop.  Sold out cruises cannot be really sold out with a number of cabins set aside for isolation and to account for social distancing.   The virus is worldwide and not just USA.  Numbers from Africa (except South Africa) are totally unknown.

I guess you don't read much here on CC Al. Actually MSC & TUI are both running cruises from Italy & Germany respectively. They are a bit longer than 3-5 days and go to some Greek Isles and other places, not just private Islands. They have actually ran 2 or 3 sailings without any incidents of Covid. SO............