Sure Has Been Quiet Here -- Lately

Ray in NH

Agree it has been a historic year.  Looking forward to ski trip... everything in Breckenridge Co shut down except for carry out.  We have lift tickets reserved for the week.  So just ski all day then chill out in front of a fire.

Pretty sure April cruise will be cancelled but contingency plan is to transfer my son and granddaughter to my Sept. 2021 cruise out of Portland, ME.  I’m already booked for a single. 

1 hour ago, Ray in NH said:

Hi All,

Does anyone else have any ACL cruise(s) booked for 2021?

We have the Ohio River booked for the 19 September cruise -- St. Louis to Pittsburgh.

NRayH

Sept 29 2021 Columbia river cruise, Portland to Clarkston.

Edited by Tom47

3 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Sept 29 2021 Columbia river cruise, Portland to Clarkston.

We did that itinerary back in October, 2019, and enjoyed it very much. Since then, we have had five cruises cancelled, by various cruise lines. Our "Now Next Cruise"  is the Ohio River (St. Louis to Pittsburgh) in September 2021, aboard ACL's Queen of the Mississippi. Hopefully, that one will sail.

NRayH

1 hour ago, Ray in NH said:

We did that itinerary back in October, 2019, and enjoyed it very much. Since then, we have had five cruises cancelled, by various cruise lines. Our "Now Next Cruise"  is the Ohio River (St. Louis to Pittsburgh) in September 2021, aboard ACL's Queen of the Mississippi. Hopefully, that one will sail.

NRayH

Our 9/21 cruise is a replacement for cancelled 9/20 cruise.  Total of 4 cruises cancelled so far.  Next cruise is Rhine river Basel to Antwerp, 5/21.  Good luck and Happy Holidays.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:51 PM, Suitcasefull said:

March - Florida Rivers is only one with ACL.  Not holding breath but hopeful since all within US. They took final payment this week, not that that means anything! 

ACL website is currently stating cruises to "resume in March."  Looks like the first upcoming cruises would be Jazz & America first of March (New Orleans), quickly followed by Star (Jacksonville).  So those are the ones I'll be keeping a close eye on to see if things really do developed as hoped.

I just scheduled my covid vaccine for next week.  So excited.  It’s a step in right direction.   Still don’t think my April cruise will happen.  ( My co- travelers are  49  and 25  don’t think they can get vaccine by then although I’m surprised mine is so early)   Will post after first dose with experience

2 hours ago, Izena said:

I just scheduled my covid vaccine for next week.  So excited.  It’s a step in right direction.   Still don’t think my April cruise will happen.  ( My co- travelers are  49  and 25  don’t think they can get vaccine by then although I’m surprised mine is so early)   Will post after first dose with experience

Good luck with it.  No word here on any timing, much less scheduling.  Not that I'm in favor of getting something that was rolled out so quickly but if it's the only way travel is allowed, guess I'll get it.

4 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

ACL website is currently stating cruises to "resume in March."  Looks like the first upcoming cruises would be Jazz & America first of March (New Orleans), quickly followed by Star (Jacksonville).  So those are the ones I'll be keeping a close eye on to see if things really do developed as hoped.

Word from travel agent today says has documents from ACL; just holding for now in case there are updates.  Kind of wishing now had scheduled later in March but we'll hope the first ones sail!

Hi All,

I think it is "high time" to say "Good Bye" and perhaps "Good Riddance" to the year 2020.  It has been "different", that is for sure.

We are raising a glass, and hoping for a much better 2021.

We now aren't scheduled to cruise again until September 2021, unless things improve more rapidly then appears probable, at this time.  Maybe then we will use more of those remaining Future Cruise Credits?

Happy New Year to all our Cruise Family (Families).

NRayH

ACL Hudson River cruise in October this year, postponed from 2020. Also Pearl Seas Great Lakes cruise late May/early June 2021. Thought it would be safe when we booked it months ago, but now I’m not so sure, unless vaccination rate increases.

I just booked New Orleans round trip on October 3rd. 
we have done many ocean cruise, but thought a smaller ship would be good with Covid. 
after reading a few reviews on CC I’m concerned . Is the service and food really that bad ? 

11 hours ago, vino100 said:

I just booked New Orleans round trip on October 3rd. 
we have done many ocean cruise, but thought a smaller ship would be good with Covid. 
after reading a few reviews on CC I’m concerned . Is the service and food really that bad ? 

"Really that bad????"

I have some difficulty assigning that level to food/service on ACL.  My perceptions are based on over 130 total cruises (six of which were with ACL), I find the food and service quite acceptable -- not necessarily at the level of some cruises we have done on "luxury" lines but can not recall any incidents, on ACL, that I would characterize as "really that bad".  Actually, we find it much "better" than what we have experienced aboard Princess Cruise Line voyages.

NRayH

4 hours ago, Izena said:

Update.. got moderna covid vaccine on Tuesday.  Minimal injection site tenderness.  Second dose scheduled for 2/2.  Excited there is light at the end of this no cruising tunnel.

Glad you got it!  No luck in getting into an appointment here yet but there's hope!

On 1/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Izena said:

Update.. got moderna covid vaccine on Tuesday.  Minimal injection site tenderness.  Second dose scheduled for 2/2.  Excited there is light at the end of this no cruising tunnel.

That's good, getting your shot so soon!  You should be all set for your upcoming cruise, IF it comes off.

Looks like I'll be able to schedule Pfizer vaccine, first shot by end of January.  I'm wondering, though, how long immunity lasts.  Have cruises scheduled for mid-summer -- if immunity lasts only a few months, may I'd be better off waiting a couple more months to start.  Searching the web, but not finding any answer yet...