Allure Jan 2021 Prices, Yikes

whitshel

I have Allure booked for Jan 3rd 2021, So I have been checking prices just about everyday and the price for the cheapest balcony went from $1080 (which its been at for months) up to just a hair under $1500.  50% increase, hmmmm  I've also been watching Symphony as well, its gone up too but not quite as much.

Are they trying to make up some lost revenue for sailings that may happen in January???

Just now, whitshel said:

I have Allure booked for Jan 3rd 2021, So I have been checking prices just about everyday and the price for the cheapest balcony went from $1080 (which its been at for months) up to just a hair under $1500.  50% increase, hmmmm  I've also been watching Symphony as well, its gone up too but not quite as much.

Are they trying to make up some lost revenue for sailings that may happen in January???

Most likely are very close to capacity limits and/or stopping people from booking then doing a lift and shift 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Idk but I'm watching my april date and it seems like the more they say off the cruisefare, the more balconys and JS cost. Inside still ok, but my balcony is up $100 everytime they say more $$$ off sale. 

I booked I think at 350 off, now its 500 off and costs more. Go figure.

Maybe prices are just going up as fewer sailings and same number of pax looking?  Or these sales just arent good for balcony pricing. 

Edited by firefly333

I was thinking that too.  I booked under a group rate with my C/A # oceanview Balcony $1644 total with all taxes.  Love those group rates.  Now I can L&S to a 2022 if it doesn't sail.  We're hoping it sails tho.....

I think it's a combination of two things. 1) To make up for lost revenue from new cruisers. 2) They gave up  so many 125% FCC that they now want the people that have them to add money to them. If the cruises stayed the same price, with the 125% they would have to give 25% OBC, which would take away any on board spending. I hope this makes sense.

I just looked at my dec, jan and mar cruises and they all went up.  The dec and jan are almost double and my mar one is about 40% higher than earlier this year.  I saw some with some crazy high prices while doing my search

Maybe they are hearing something from WH or assuming they will be stuck with a no sail order set by cdc instead of the wh helping.  

Like ourusualbeach said probably trying to stop L&S from happening.

I have a feeling most lines are going to be costing more and therefore pricing some people out of their cruise vacations. I can't wait for covid to start dying down so I can start booking.

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just looked at my dec, jan and mar cruises and they all went up.  The dec and jan are almost double and my mar one is about 40% higher than earlier this year.  I saw some with some crazy high prices while doing my search

Maybe they are hearing something from WH or assuming they will be stuck with a no sail order set by cdc instead of the wh helping.  

Like ourusualbeach said probably trying to stop L&S from happening.

I'll never get rcl pricing. Let's say the price shown starting from is now up $35, but now its $500 off, should the inside cabin be less than before not more. Sale is $150 more off right than the $350 off.

Or maybe it's the "up to" $500 off, not actually $500 off all sailings, anyway, I'm just going to be happy with what I got. I think my april balcony is up $300. If all my stocks went up like my rcl bookings I'd be so rich all I would book is suites. I don't even look at my other bookings. 

Fuzzy math.

• Like 1

I did L&S on my November cruises, and just checked out some pricing in the cruise planner.... HOLY MOLY COW!  

REALLY hoping for a Black Friday Sale, because the Refreshment Package is $30/day (plus grats) and the 4-device Voom is $57.57/day.  Definitely trying to make up for lost revenue there!!!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I did L&S on my November cruises, and just checked out some pricing in the cruise planner.... HOLY MOLY COW!  

REALLY hoping for a Black Friday Sale, because the Refreshment Package is $30/day (plus grats) and the 4-device Voom is $57.57/day.  Definitely trying to make up for lost revenue there!!!! 

I’ve found the prices are high for cruises that far out. My July Alaska just dropped a month or 2 ago.  Refreshment now at $19 and change and alcohol got the 3 device stream for just under $20.

My August cruise is still priced high.  Seems like they start with the sales in 2 or 3 month blocks of cruises. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve found the prices are high for cruises that far out. My July Alaska just dropped a month or 2 ago.  Refreshment now at $19 and change and alcohol got the 3 device stream for just under $20.

My August cruise is still priced high.  Seems like they start with the sales in 2 or 3 month blocks of cruises. 

I agree. Cruise Planner prices for next year’s cruises from mid-year forward are still very high. They do seem to come down in “groups” (of months).

I had to pay final on my Freedom 1/10/21 cruise first leg of B2B.  Kept checking prices until then, hoping for price drop on my GS cabin.  Went from 4K to almost 7K.  😮 😮   I still have great doubts those cruises will go at all.  

I suppose if pax booked at that higher price ...RCI then gets to keep thousands $$ more per cabin on final payments until they refund at their own pace. 😉 

18 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I think it's a combination of two things. 1) To make up for lost revenue from new cruisers. 2) They gave up  so many 125% FCC that they now want the people that have them to add money to them. If the cruises stayed the same price, with the 125% they would have to give 25% OBC, which would take away any on board spending. I hope this makes sense.

You're second reason is spot on.

18 hours ago, deliver42 said:

2 minutes ago, John Reid said:

You're second reason is spot on.

Not really.  Royal doesn’t give OBC for unused FCC (that’s Carnival) It’s reissued as an additional FCC once the first voyage is complete.  By doing this they force many to either book a second cruise to use up a mall bit of remaining FCC or they get them to upgrade and most likely add s9me extra cash in order to use it u0 all in one shot.

While prices have gone up from the Rick bottom they were months ago That is to be expected.  As far as just tacking an additional 25% to all cruises to make up for it....That really doesn’t work as they still have to be competitive in the marketplace.  There are still people  booking that do not have FCC’s. 

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Keep checking! We ended up booking a June Navigator cruise after our July Jewel cruise was cancelled.  I never saw the refreshment package for less than $30 pp/pd on Jewel (12 nights for 3 people, yeah no thank you!!!). I've seen it twice now on Navigator, scored it for my family the first time last week, and our friends this week. It was still on sale this morning. And 3 device surf and stream was $19.99 per day!

I've been watching Caribbean March 2021.  It's been interesting as Empress was quite cheap, along with Oasis and Allure having good prices.  Last week, I noticed that Oasis jumped way up with Harmony and Symphony being cheaper.  Now today, Empress is still one of the cheaper ones but it jumped up $200 CAD base price (from main search page). My personal thoughts are they are trying to stop lift and sift.  But also not sure why say Symphony is cheaper than Oasis.  They are both our of Miami so not port driven.  Maybe based on number of cabins booked as suggested earlier.

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I've been watching Caribbean March 2021.  It's been interesting as Empress was quite cheap, along with Oasis and Allure having good prices.  Last week, I noticed that Oasis jumped way up with Harmony and Symphony being cheaper.  Now today, Empress is still one of the cheaper ones but it jumped up $200 CAD base price (from main search page). My personal thoughts are they are trying to stop lift and sift.  But also not sure why say Symphony is cheaper than Oasis.  They are both our of Miami so not port driven.  Maybe based on number of cabins booked as suggested earlier.

Empress has always been a great ship to lift and shift from. As of yesterday most of the suite prices doubled. I do think they are trying to slow it down at least for now.

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was able to find a 3 device Surf and Stream voom a week or so ago for $19.99.  Keep checking.  It seems every week or two there's some type of sale.

For my Jan 3 sailing it shows:

VOOM SURF Voyage Package - 4 Devices

Get the fastest surfing internet at sea.

From*$19.99USD Adult per day
Price Shown Reflects Your Discount

VOOM SURF + STREAM Voyage Package - 4 Devices

Get the fastest streaming, sharing and surfing internet at sea.

From*$22.99USD Adult per day
Price Shown Reflects Your Discount
Edited by mariemorgan

We currently have 7 booked cruises for 2021 and 2022 and always keeping an eye on the prices. One RCL went down $350.00 It was paid with FCC so it went back on FCC for a future booking. The other 6 all have increased in price. It looks like every mega ship Celebrity, RCL, Carnival, Princess have increased in price dearly. 7 day cruises are all over $1,000.00 pp for ocean view cabins. Many are over $1,300.00 and 2022 are even higher. $100.00 pp pd is what we look for. We will book over that on a brand new ship. Some are offering lower prices if you choose NO perks at all.

Test cases on cruises they know won't sail...... how much mark up will the market bear when cruising resumes.

They likely know the casual cruiser will take some time to come back anyway..... so what can they soak from the industry addicted loyal following who will book as soon as the light turns green to actually sail.