Train help

emam

Graham and HappyV, do you have any idea about trains to London from home. We were supposed to be going to Disney Paris August gone. It has been changed to next year. We were going to drive down to Ashford and then take the Eurostar straight to Disney. The TA has just rang saying that the Ashford tunnel is closed and they are transferring the bookings to London. 

I wasn't really keen on driving to Kent and have no fancy at all to do so to London. So it will have to be a train or coach. Does anyone have any advice for this. Also can anyone recommend somewhere to stop in London.

Edited by emam

5 minutes ago, emam said:

Graham and HappyV, do you have any idea about trains to London from home. We were supposed to be going to Disney Paris August gone. It has been changed to next year. We were going to drive down to Ashford and then take the Eurostar straight to Disney. The TA has just rang saying that the Ashford tunnel is closed and they are transferring the bookings to London. 

I wasn't really keen on driving to Kent and have no fancy at all to do so to London. So it will have to be a train or coach. Does anyone have any advice for this. Also can anyone recommend somewhere to stop in London.

Think you are on the wrong forum. This is for P&O cruises.

30 minutes ago, emam said:

Obviously I don't know exactly where you live but the East Coast Mainline railway goes through Durham. In London, this terminates at Kings Cross, which is immediately adjacent to St Pancras. St Pancras is where Eurostar goes from. There are two Premier Inn Hotels within easy walking distance - PI St Pancras and PI Kings Cross. There are plenty of eating places in the area.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, emam said:

There is a regular train from Newcastle to Kings Cross.

Best prices are around 12 weeks before travel so worth keeping an eye on the prices.

Premier Inn have been selling a lot of cheap rooms including London.

We have been to Disneyland Paris several times and flew from Newcastle to Paris Charles de Gaul airport with Air France then got the regular Disneyland Paris bus from the airport direct to our hotel which takes about 40 minutes.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

I also think it would be fairly easy to catch the train to St Pancras or Kings Cross, which as Britboys says is adjacent to St Pancras for the Eurostar.We have done this several times as you don't have to cross London and we tend to stay in a nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge.If travelling by train it may be worth seeing if you could get Railcards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I also think it would be fairly easy to catch the train to St Pancras or Kings Cross, which as Britboys says is adjacent to St Pancras for the Eurostar.We have done this several times as you don't have to cross London and we tend to stay in a nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge.If travelling by train it may be worth seeing if you could get Railcards.

We have a 2 together Railcard which cost £30 for 1 year and get 30% discount.

We should have gone to Disneyland Paris in September but that’s been postponed to next September. My son & daughter are going by Eurostar and we’re told a while ago they would have to go from St Pancras rather than Ebbsfleet as planned.

As Britboys says there are several Premier Inns very close to St Pancras International. If you want to splash out St Pancras has its own hotel, The Renaissance I think it’s called? It’s not cheap though which is why I’ve only ever seen it from the outside 🥴 If your train takes you to Kings Cross it is literally just across the road from St P’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, emam said:

Thanks for all the replies, they have given us a few ways to look at. Flying is now top of daughters list but not mine. It does seem surprisingly to be cheaper than the Eurostar.

It is too early to get the best Eurostar fares but this article will give you useful hints 

https://www.seat61.com/London-to-Paris-by-train.htm

Edited by tartanexile81