''Amazing Race'' is back tonight, are you glad to see someone traveling.

dolittle

Amazing Race is back tonight it will be great to see some one (anyone) traveling. My wife and I enjoy this hybrid reality and travel show is pretty good at letting you see some known and some of the map spots. Like an reality show it is a matter of the people they chose and how they react to the stress of travel in a ''race around the world''. Have you watched this in the past it seems to me it could not be a better time for this type show. Tonight at 9:00 on C.B.S.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting -- I had no idea it was starting up again. I have watched many of the previous seasons (when not traveling). While I feel they have chosen to emphasize the silly contests more in recent seasons rather than having to make smart decisions about routing and so forth.... I still enjoy it.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed this show.  Like the fact, that some cultural challenges are included.  We have done both independent and cruising travel over the years, so it is fun to watch how folks face some of the challenges presented in this travel race.  Glad to hear it is back thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Google.....the show was taped almost 2 years ago.   I copied the following from an interview with the host Phil Keoghan. 

“Season 32 of The Amazing Race was filmed in late 2018 and had simply been waiting for an open time slot to air. In April, CBS announced the show was returning on May 20 after the completion of Survivor: Winners at War. However, a few weeks later, the network pushed the show back again to the fall, likely as a safety net to ensure fresh programming in case other productions (like Survivor) were unable to be up and running in time.

That means season 32 will finally be airing almost two full years after it was filmed, something Keoghan made a point of acknowledging while speaking to EW Live: “First thing I want to say to all Amazing Race fans is thank you for your patience. And I also want to say thank you to the patience of the cast of season 32. People have been waiting way too long for Amazing Race to come on.”

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cattolica said:

Google.....the show was taped almost 2 years ago.   I copied the following from an interview with the host Phil Keoghan. 

“Season 32 of The Amazing Race was filmed in late 2018 and had simply been waiting for an open time slot to air. In April, CBS announced the show was returning on May 20 after the completion of Survivor: Winners at War. However, a few weeks later, the network pushed the show back again to the fall, likely as a safety net to ensure fresh programming in case other productions (like Survivor) were unable to be up and running in time.

That means season 32 will finally be airing almost two full years after it was filmed, something Keoghan made a point of acknowledging while speaking to EW Live: “First thing I want to say to all Amazing Race fans is thank you for your patience. And I also want to say thank you to the patience of the cast of season 32. People have been waiting way too long for Amazing Race to come on.”

This is what I read months ago...excited for it to start showing again and probably a good thing they got this season in the can early and waited to show it now.

2 hours ago, dolittle said:

Amazing Race is back tonight it will be great to see some one (anyone) traveling. My wife and I enjoy this hybrid reality and travel show is pretty good at letting you see some known and some of the map spots. Like an reality show it is a matter of the people they chose and how they react to the stress of travel in a ''race around the world''. Have you watched this in the past it seems to me it could not be a better time for this type show. Tonight at 9:00 on C.B.S.

This show happened in 2018.

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Mrs Ldubs is a huge fan.   I imagine she has the record set up.   I enjoy the show.  Many of the "contestants" are real characters that are fun to watch.  

There was a couple on the race several years ago.The husband grew up in my then part of NY and then moved to close to where I live now. Then relocated to Fla. I do not recall exactly how but I found his e-mail address and we became e-mail pals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This show happened in 2018.

Not sure why this matters. It's still a new season for everyone watching. It's pretty much the only "reality" show that I watch regularly. Nice to get a peek at different places and watch some of the cultural challenges that they are given. 

I'm watching it right now - hint: their first stop is in the Caribbean. Seems like a pretty diverse group.

• Like 2

For those who watched:

Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

I would've liked that challenge. Learned to play steel drum on cruises to the Caribbean when I was a kid. 🏝️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

Reality shows are quite scripted and drama is manufactured with behind the scenes direction and intentional editing.

This isn't exactly a news flash. :classic_cool:  I think very few of us watch for the drama of who wins but more to see where they go and what they do along the way.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mom says said:

Not sure why this matters. It's still a new season for everyone watching. It's pretty much the only "reality" show that I watch regularly. Nice to get a peek at different places and watch some of the cultural challenges that they are given. 

I'm watching it right now - hint: their first stop is in the Caribbean. Seems like a pretty diverse group.

I have two friends who are native to Trinidad.Prior to Covid one of the cruise lines was planning to have a stop there according to one of my friends.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, cruisemom42 said:

For those who watched:

Day-o, day-o
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

I would've liked that challenge. Learned to play steel drum on cruises to the Caribbean when I was a kid. 🏝️

Our youngest DS would have also...he's a marching band teacher with an amazing drumline group.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:16 PM, evandbob said:

Reality shows are quite scripted and drama is manufactured with behind the scenes direction and intentional editing.

Competition shows are a little less scripted since the drama comes form who wins the challenges rather than interpersonal relationships. Plus you can't interfer too much in a competition based show in case it effects the outcomes in which case accusations might be thrown around it being a fixed game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Competition shows are a little less scripted since the drama comes form who wins the challenges rather than interpersonal relationships. Plus you can't interfer too much in a competition based show in case it effects the outcomes in which case accusations might be thrown around it being a fixed game.

I'm thinking that the post you responded to, that the  person is confused with other "reality shows" such as Big Brother and The Bachelor... 

• Like 1