''Amazing Race'' is back tonight, are you glad to see someone traveling.

dolittle

4 minutes ago, electro said:

Did you and your SO have totally opposite criteria? That also seems to be (one of the most annoying) criteria of these house hunting shows.

LOL, I was going to comment on that earlier. The usual script seems to be:

Realtor:  So, what are you looking for in a house?

She says:  I want an older house with some character, but one that is move in ready. And I want to be close to town/school district.

He says:  I want a contemporary, open-style concept. I don't care if it needs some work -- that's fine. I'm happy to do a few projects.  And I'd rather be in the suburbs where we can get more for our budget.

Realtor:  And remind me, what IS your budget?

She says:  We have $450k, but we can go up a little if we find just the right house that is move-in ready.

He says:  Well, $450k would be my upper limit, definitely no more than that and I would prefer less, so that if we have to do some projects we have the funds.

Realtor:  Okay, well let me see what I can do.

FREE MEME - Confused Face with Cartoon Blinking - YouTube

30 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

LOL, I was going to comment on that earlier. The usual script seems to be:

Realtor:  So, what are you looking for in a house?

She says:  I want an older house with some character, but one that is move in ready. And I want to be close to town/school district.

He says:  I want a contemporary, open-style concept. I don't care if it needs some work -- that's fine. I'm happy to do a few projects.  And I'd rather be in the suburbs where we can get more for our budget.

Realtor:  And remind me, what IS your budget?

She says:  We have $450k, but we can go up a little if we find just the right house that is move-in ready.

He says:  Well, $450k would be my upper limit, definitely no more than that and I would prefer less, so that if we have to do some projects we have the funds.

Realtor:  Okay, well let me see what I can do.

FREE MEME - Confused Face with Cartoon Blinking - YouTube

Exactly! And I find it to be the most annoying aspect of the show and why I usually end up turning it off. I suffer through it if the international destination is somewhere I am interested in.

I remember the first two seasons of The Amazing Race being very different from what is is now. It seemed that the teams had to be much more self-sufficient and pay for their transportation and accomodations from a fixed amount they had.   Now, it seems that they just go up to the counter and pick up their ticket.  It's more about the tasks than the actual travel. 

In Canada - The Amazing Race has a great "host" - Jon Montgomery.  2010 Olympic Gold Medalist in Skeleton and all around good guy.  He was one of my favorite "kids" when I was working in Skeleton.   One season, they had charity teams and another skeleton friend was in there as a competitor.  Since they had been teammates for years, I was hoping that Jon could give Mel a little "advantage" to the end, but alas, she and her partner were 5th...  

6 hours ago, Aquahound said:

So if you say 10 times there is no acting work in reality tv, you'll be wrong 10 times.  

I'm not talking about what you define as acting but how the industry defines it and the terminology they use as a result. If you watch a show like 60 Minutes which is also a formulaic show format and you see the interviewee walking down the beach or sitting at their office desk they are being directed there would have been multiple takes, they also get asked to say certain sentences for post production but it will not entitle them to actors pay or benefits. You may not like it or agree with it but that is just the industry🙄

3 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You may not like it or agree with it but that is just the industry🙄

You're arguing an opinion that doesn't have a clear line in the sand between drama acting and reality tv acting.  

The repeated eye rolling is quite rude, so I'm done trying to reason with you.  You obviously aren't capable of that.  Good bye.

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I remember the first two seasons of The Amazing Race being very different from what is is now. It seemed that the teams had to be much more self-sufficient and pay for their transportation and accomodations from a fixed amount they had. Now, it seems that they just go up to the counter and pick up their ticket.  It's more about the tasks than the actual travel. 

The original show was more raw for sure. But it does make the challenges more exciting when there are more contestants competing rather than one while everyone is six hours behind because they got a later flight, so I can understand why they organise it so they are together more. If you want to see a travel competition that is about the challenge of getting to a destination watch Race Across The World😉

18 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

You're arguing an opinion that doesn't have a clear line in the sand between drama acting and reality tv acting.  

That is what all those organisations in the entertainment industry are trying to do and it is not my opinion but about the rules and regulations and I agree it is not as straightforward as they want it to be but with things like pay entitlements on the line can you blame them for trying? 

The repeated eye rolling is quite rude, so I'm done trying to reason with you.  You obviously aren't capable of that.  Good bye.

I'm sorry if you think I was eye rolling at you that was not my intention. It was supposed to be an eye roll at the industry😁

Edited by ilikeanswers