How Much Time In Cabo?

patrickmoran

I'm looking at Mexico for Jan/Feb 2022.  3 Princess ships will do them (Majestic (7 days out of LA), Ruby (10 day out of SF and favorite ship) and Grand (10 day out of LA)). The major diff that is of most interest to me is the amount of time each ship spends at Cabo San Lucas. The Majestic would be there 11am to 8pm. The Ruby is a full day. The Grand has an overnight in Cabo (12 pm until 6pm the next day). The more time in Cabo, more expensive cruise.  Recommendations? Thanks

Cabo is a tender port so I don't know of ANY cruise ships that actually overnight in Cabo. Most actually pull out by sunset (or earlier). Spending the night in town (to enjoy Cabo nightlife) is risky as well. While your ship may be fine the first day, the next day, the harbor could close due to rough seas (swells) and the ship would leave you behind.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, SDPadreFan said:

Cabo is a tender port so I don't know of ANY cruise ships that actually overnight in Cabo.

The Grand Princess is overnighting in Cabo on its 10-Day Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez. That is the one I'd pick because I love the Grand.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, SDPadreFan said:

... Spending the night in town (to enjoy Cabo nightlife) is risky as well. While your ship may be fine the first day, the next day, the harbor could close due to rough seas (swells) and the ship would leave you behind.

That is something I hadn't thought of.  Here is another thread on the subject -

On 11/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, scottca075 said:

The Grand Princess is overnighting in Cabo on its 10-Day Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez. That is the one I'd pick because I love the Grand.

I don't know about the Grand, but I do like the Sea of Cortez!  I assume they would go to La Paz and Loreto which are both nice to visit - at least on land vacations.