LHR to ATL

We will be disembarking in Dover on Friday, 8/27/2021. Flying back to Atlanta out of Heathrow. What is a comfortable time for flight departure? Is 12 noon doable?  4 adults and capable of early, self/unassisted debark. Itinerary indicates ship is back in port 5a.m. after a 12-day Baltic sailing.  We're not sure of what we'll need to pass thru regarding European customs, immigration, etc.  Thanks for any input. I'll also be posting in the Cruise Air forum.   😊

Customs is very rarely an issue in Europe. It is the red/green honor system. If you don't have anything to declare, Customs takes 2.5 seconds. Immigration will depend a little on where your stops are prior to arriving i n Britain, but not a lot. You will have a secondary check at Heathrow for pre-entrance to the US which can add a little time.

Docking at 5am doesn't mean getting off at 5:05...depends on how the port is set up to accept you. I will let others with more experience answer how early a flight you can book.

33 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Customs is very rarely an issue in Europe. It is the red/green honor system. If you don't have anything to declare, Customs takes 2.5 seconds. Immigration will depend a little on where your stops are prior to arriving i n Britain, but not a lot. You will have a secondary check at Heathrow for pre-entrance to the US which can add a little time.

Docking at 5am doesn't mean getting off at 5:05...depends on how the port is set up to accept you. I will let others with more experience answer how early a flight you can book.

Thanks Bruce

On 10/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Got it and aware you don't walk off at 5:05a. Primarily concerned if 12 noon departure is pushing it or better suited for early afternoon flight. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't book for noon. Lets say you get off the ship at 8. Public transport (trains probably) would take an hour to London and at least an hour out to LHR. Thats 10am, but this will be a working day, so more traffic...add an hour, thats 11am, leaving you one hour for check in etc and no 'wiggle room'. Not enough in my opinion. Also, this is the start of a bank holiday weekend (30th Aug is a holiday), so the airport will be busy. I'd go for at least 3pm.

Simon