New Windstar Loyalty program

r&rd

We received one letter, waiting for the other, cruises and points correct. We are happy. We are 212 points and grateful for the perks. It's in the little things we are not big, 3-4  drinks  including wine between the two of us per day,  nor do we use the internet, very few excursions I love to research my own but we have used them, love the laundry and my husbands every cruise WS cap, OBC always welcome, discount helps. I certainly hope WS survives after all this. I hope we can all get cruising sooner than later. Be safe all and happy cruising when we can. 

20 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

The fact they give you the internet and laundry for free is a better deal than the all in package which is $89/day (20% off).  You still only pay $59/day for the top bev pkge

The All in package includes gratuities (the hotel gratuities everyone pays plus the gratuities charged on the beverage package). That's $53.10 + $23.35 = $76.45. Still slightly cheaper than the All-In. ($53.10 rather than $59 because tier 4 gets a 10% discount on the package.)

Edited by new_cruiser
I forgot to include the 10% discount on the beverage package initially.

My TA was able to get the extra 5% "Private sale" incentive applied to an existing itin, (this deal expires on the 30th)  but was unable to get the OBC that comes with the new tier 4 status - that can't be applied to existing reservations, per WS. They also refared the itin and I got a few hundred dollars for a price chage.

• Like 1

As my Grandma used to say: God willing and the creek don't rise...

We are booked for our first Windstar. January, 2021. Three weeks total, booked as a two-week trip followed by a one-week trip. The FAQs say:

---

When does my status get updated and my benefits go into effect?
Your Yacht Club status is updated as of October 5, and going forward, the day after you complete your qualifying cruise. 

---

I am mildly curious to know whether the points I earn on the first week or the first two weeks will give me any benefits during that third week. We had a similar situation on Celebrity where the points from the first week of a b2b were enough to bump us to a higher level and increased benefits for the 2nd week.

Everything I have read about Windstar makes me think I will probably be a repeat customer!

Stan

3 hours ago, milepig said:

My TA was able to get the extra 5% "Private sale" incentive applied to an existing itin, (this deal expires on the 30th)  but was unable to get the OBC that comes with the new tier 4 status - that can't be applied to existing reservations, per WS. They also refared the itin and I got a few hundred dollars for a price chage.

They aren't very consistent. When my TA checked last week that they had added our loyalty numbers to our 1 May cruise, the list of what we got as a result included the $175 OBC (tier 3 for my husband plus tier 4 for me).

After the private sale started, she checked and they wouldn't add the extra 5% "Private sale" incentive. I can't complain much about that because our current fare was under last June's one week sale and the price is about $1000 less than the current price. Possibly your cruise was able to take advantage of the Private Sale because it could be refared to the current price. 

If you read the FAQ segment on the loyalty page it indicates that loyalty awards will be automatically added to existing bookings on November 15. After that you can request a new invoice that will show the benefits applied.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, new_cruiser said:

I'm still waiting for my letter. My husband's arrived last Thursday. 

I finally found a letter in my email. It came October 19, but I was expecting a snail mail letter like my husband got and failed to notice the email one. So, if anyone didn't get a paper notification, you might look in your email for an email with the subject:

Welcome to the Enhanced Yacht Club.