The Cruise and Travel Industry is in a very bad place!

Hlitner

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

And, from what I read in the rest of this post of yours NIH is also under the HHS umbrella.  (Thought that was the case.)  

Thus, in an organizational chart of HHS, the flow would ultimately lead to the top which is the Secretary of Health and Human Services.  Or, am I missing something?  

No, I was careful to make it clear all those agencies are under HHS.  Would that impact an FDA decision?  The ultimate decision on drugs and vaccines rests with the FDA Commissioner.  Could the Sec. of HHS change that decision?  To the best of my knowledge that has never ever happened.  Perhaps you have different info.  But until I hear evidence to the contrary I will be comfortable with most FDA decisions.   Organizations such as ANTIFA would love for folks to doubt the FDA and every other government official.  You want to go down that path then you are in a world not of my liking.  But I did learn decades ago not to get into debates with conspiracy theorists.  

Hank

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Could the Sec. of HHS change that decision?  To the best of my knowledge that has never ever happened.  Perhaps you have different info.

No, I have no different information.  Other than these are not ordinary times.  

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Organizations such as ANTIFA would love for folks to doubt the FDA and every other government official.  You want to go down that path then you are in a world not of my liking.  But I did learn decades ago not to get into debates with conspiracy theorists.  

I reject conspiracy theorists.  What they offer to the dialogue that occurs in our Country is confusion, doubts when there not to be, and outright lies.  But, such groups/individuals have been around for a very long time.  

At least the industry is fighting back and trying to get creative!

https://maritime-executive.com/article/viking-star-becomes-first-cruise-ship-equipped-with-pcr-test-lab

"Viking says that the industry-first facility will allow it to conduct PCR testing of all crew members and guests with a non-invasive saliva test. The laboratory has enough capacity for daily testing of every crew member and guest on board, which provides flexibility to respond to COVID-19 risk levels around the world. When operating at full load, this would mean hundreds of tests daily. "