Motu for the day

Hflors

I would like to to a tour where you just go to the motu for the day.  I would still like for the operator to provide lunch, but I just don't want to snorkle or ride around in the boat all day.  I am already signed up for a snorkle tour on bora, bora.  Has anyone ever heard of doing this on any of the islands???

55 minutes ago, Hflors said:

I would like to to a tour where you just go to the motu for the day.  I would still like for the operator to provide lunch, but I just don't want to snorkle or ride around in the boat all day.  I am already signed up for a snorkle tour on bora, bora.  Has anyone ever heard of doing this on any of the islands???

Depends on which ship ... both Windstar & Paul Gauguin spend a day on a private motu when visiting Tahaa ... both include lunch 😉

On Moorea you can take a boat shuttle out to Coco Beach on the motu and have lunch and then snorkel or walk around the motu. 

• Like 1

As TBK says WS has both a motu day in Tahaa, as well as a ship's tour in Huahine for a relaxing day on a motu with lunch.

But honestly the snorkeling in Tahiti is amazing! If Bora Bora is the only place you will be snorkeling you may be sorry. Did Windstar a year ago and in 18 days we did 16 days of snorkeling- it will most likely be the most incredible snorkeling of your life.

The other thing you might consider is a day stay at a resort like Hilton Moorea. Not a motu but a beautiful spot. Lovely beach, pool and superb lunch for about $90pp. Definitely a kick back relaxing day.

3 hours ago, Petoonya said:

As TBK says WS has both a motu day in Tahaa, as well as a ship's tour in Huahine for a relaxing day on a motu with lunch.

But honestly the snorkeling in Tahiti is amazing! If Bora Bora is the only place you will be snorkeling you may be sorry. Did Windstar a year ago and in 18 days we did 16 days of snorkeling- it will most likely be the most incredible snorkeling of your life.

The other thing you might consider is a day stay at a resort like Hilton Moorea. Not a motu but a beautiful spot. Lovely beach, pool and superb lunch for about $90pp. Definitely a kick back relaxing day.

We will be on the HAL ship Zuiderdam.  I am doing the snorkle tour with Patrick on Bora bora and I have already spent the night in an over the water bungalow at the hilton moorea on our 40th anniversary cruise.  I was hoping to find a motu on one of the islands to just hang out, snorkle right off the beach and have lunch for the day.

If you're going Moorea looks like TBK might have the best option for you in Moorea.

Don't know your ship's itinerary but if you might be going to Huahine, Marc's Nautique might be an option. It is all day on a motu with boat ride and snorkeling (not what you want) and lunch. It's very reasonable at $100pp. It seems like with all the facilities at their motu they might be willing to leave you there to your own devices until they come back before lunch. You can always ask them if you happen to be visiting there.

Where are you stopping besides Bora Bora?

2 hours ago, Hflors said:

We will be on the HAL ship Zuiderdam.  I am doing the snorkle tour with Patrick on Bora bora and I have already spent the night in an over the water bungalow at the hilton moorea on our 40th anniversary cruise.  I was hoping to find a motu on one of the islands to just hang out, snorkle right off the beach and have lunch for the day.

Zuiderdam seldom visits FP waters so I have no idea of their schedule while visiting. Patrick is a good choice but you will spend considerable time in the boat. I'm sure you will visit Moorea so I would suggest going to Coco Beach via boat shuttle and enjoy the motu and have lunch at their lovely beach cafe. Then snorkel all you want from the beach.

https://coco-beach-moorea.business.site/

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

51 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Zuiderdam seldom visits FP waters so I have no idea of their schedule while visiting. Patrick is a good choice but you will spend considerable time in the boat. I'm sure you will visit Moorea so I would suggest going to Coco Beach via boat shuttle and enjoy the motu and have lunch at their lovely beach cafe. Then snorkel all you want from the beach.

https://coco-beach-moorea.business.site/

This sounds like just what we are looking for.  We will be there on march 18, 2022 according yo out itinerary.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We live in Cocoa Beach Fl so this would be fun. We are also on the Zuiderdam. How would we get  there from the tender dock ?

Take a taxi though they can be in high demand for a larger ship. You can rent a car which will be in high demand so making a reservation is a must. You can also take the public bus which goes by the ferry schedule. You just want to make sure you get on the buss going to your right from the tender area. Go to the main road and flag down the bus. Tell the driver you want the Coco Beach shuttle location. When you want to return do the same thing  .... just make sure the bus is going to your left. figure about 15 minutes after each ferry arrives there will be a bus your your right. On the return figure about an hour before ferry departures a bus will be heading to the left. 

7 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Take a taxi though they can be in high demand for a larger ship. You can rent a car which will be in high demand so making a reservation is a must. You can also take the public bus which goes by the ferry schedule. You just want to make sure you get on the buss going to your right from the tender area. Go to the main road and flag down the bus. Tell the driver you want the Coco Beach shuttle location. When you want to return do the same thing  .... just make sure the bus is going to your left. figure about 15 minutes after each ferry arrives there will be a bus your your right. On the return figure about an hour before ferry departures a bus will be heading to the left. 

Thank you ! Appreciate the information. 

• Like 1