NCL Joy Feb 12, 2021 - CANCELLED

detwings

We were checking our scheduled cruises yesterday on NCL's website and noticed our cruise February 12, 2021 on NCL Joy (short cruise) was gone from our list.  My DH called NCL and they said that cruise was cancelled.  The "official" notice hasn't gone out yet and they gave no reason why it was being cancelled.  So whoever else is booked on this short cruise, heads up it is cancelled.

Original sailings:

Jan 31 - Feb 12: 12-night Miami roundtrip (Panama Canal)

Feb 12 - Feb 16: 4-night Miami roundtrip (Bahamas)

Feb 16 - Feb 28: 12-night Miami roundtrip (Panama Canal)

Revised sailings:

Jan 31 - Feb 07: 7-night Miami roundtrip (Caribbean)

Feb 07 - Feb 14: 7-night Miami roundtrip (Caribbean)

Feb 14 - Feb 21: 7-night Miami roundtrip (Caribbean)

Feb 21 - Feb 28: 7-night Miami roundtrip (Caribbean)

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, detwings said:

We were checking our scheduled cruises yesterday on NCL's website and noticed our cruise February 12, 2021 on NCL Joy (short cruise) was gone from our list.  My DH called NCL and they said that cruise was cancelled.  The "official" notice hasn't gone out yet and they gave no reason why it was being cancelled.  So whoever else is booked on this short cruise, heads up it is cancelled.

Sorry to see your Feb 2021 cruise was already cancelled. Seems like the cancellations have all but wiped out the rest of 2020 and now are creeping in to 2021.

Fingers crossed 🤞 for a safe, effective & widely available corona virus vaccine by spring or summer 2021. I'm afraid your Feb 2021 may have been too soon anyway, jimho.

(Btw - I like your CC name & avatar. I'm originally from the Detroit area and I'm a big Red Wings fan. As you can see by my avatar, I'm currently living in West Michigan - Muskegon).

* just saw @Cruise Wonderland's post above. Looks like your cruise was just totally revised in lieu of being cancelled. Not sure what "...roundtrip to Caribbean" means though.

Edited by farmersfight

4 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

* just saw @Cruise Wonderland's post above. Looks like your cruise was just totally revised in lieu of being cancelled. Not sure what "...roundtrip to Caribbean" means though.

Sorry, let me make it clear.

The revised 7-night Miami roundtrip sailings will go to San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Sorry, let me make it clear.

The revised 7-night Miami roundtrip sailings will go to San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay.

Thank you for the clarification, the title of the thread implies that the ship isn't sailing anywhere. (that's what cancellation means to me) It seems it's just revising the itinerary, which is obviously different. Thanks again. (we're booked on the Joy for January 3, 2021 so we have an interest in this ship sailing)

1. Sorry if I confused anyone with the subject.  After reading the replies, I didn't know that these sailings were being "revised" and turned into 7 day sailings.  NCL said nothing about that.  We looked and these sailings haven't shown up yet on NCL website.  Will continue to look.

Yes, farmersfight, I am a big Red Wing fan, though I hope they can make a comeback some day.  We live in Tampa now but are still die hard Wingers.  Had to get away from the snow and cold.  Don't miss it and we don't have to fly to cruise anymore.  Yea..just playing the waiting game to see when cruising will start again.

3 hours ago, detwings said:

Yes, farmersfight, I am a big Red Wing fan, though I hope they can make a comeback some day.  We live in Tampa now but are still die hard Wingers.  Had to get away from the snow and cold.  Don't miss it and we don't have to fly to cruise anymore.  Yea..just playing the waiting game to see when cruising will start again.

Thanks @detwings. Yeah the Wings are in a totally rebuilding mode. A lot of young players. They'll be back to the old glory days, eventually I'm sure. I've kind of done the opposite of you - I was born in the Detroit area (Grosse Pointe) but moved down to the Miami area (Coral Gables) when I was a kid. Grew up in Coral Gables and Hialeah, Fla. To make a long story short, after retiring, I moved back up to Michigan (Muskegon) to be near family.

I've lived in hot, humid climates most of my life - South and East Florida as well as Houston & Galveston, Texas. I'm trying to decide which I prefer - the hot, humid south or the north (i.e. Michigan) where you have the cold & the snow. Who knows, I may eventually move back to Fla and to your neck of the woods - Tampa. Tampa is a great sports city (Lightning just won the Stanley Cup and the Rays are in the World Series). Pre-covid, did you ever go to see the Red Wings when they were in Tampa to play the Lightning?

For OP, so sorry your cruise has cancelled.  Very frustrating to find out that way😒

Perhaps they are feeling more confident about the Caribbean ports than the 12 day Panama cruises.    It will be interesting to see if they are changing other longer cruises to 7 days.  

The healthy sail panel proposed no cruises longer than 10 days, so it would make sense for the Panama Canal trips to be cancelled.  Joy will probably be rescheduled for 7 day or shorter trips in the Caribbean, assuming cruises resume by then.

12 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Seems like the cancellations have all but wiped out the rest of 2020 and now are creeping in to 2021.

Fingers crossed 🤞 for a safe, effective & widely available corona virus vaccine by spring or summer 2021. I'm afraid your Feb 2021 may have been too soon anyway, jimho.

Not sure how you came to the conclusions stated. It is more likely that there was limited demand for the longer cruises and availability of the “one off” ports so they switched to the weekly cruises.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Katie H said:

I was just on the NCL site within the last hour looking for January and February cruises on Joy and noticed one listed for 1/24 and then nothing until 2/28.  Were the cruises listed by @Cruise Wonderland above previously listed?

These "new" cruises are not yet listed on NCL site. Perhaps in the next few days.

I receive the details of these cruises yesterday.

But who knows NCL may change their mind again and further modify the itineraries 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure how you came to the conclusions stated. It is more likely that there was limited demand for the longer cruises and availability of the “one off” ports so they switched to the weekly cruises.

My initial reply was to OP's concern that their short (4 night) Feb 12, 2021 cruise was completely cancelled. I thought that the cancellation was virus related and was a continuation of all the 2020 cruise cancellations that are growing. Then however, @Cruise Wonderland pointed out that the schedule was revised to 7 day cruises and that their short 4 night cruise, which was originally sandwiched between the 2 longer 12 day cruises, was part of that revision. Wrt to the longer 12 day cruises, I agree with you that it is likely that there was limited demand and also due to the availability of ports, NCL switched to the weekly cruises. Since there are less # of ports for the 7 night cruises than the 12 night cruises, it was easier for NCL to find ports that will be available to cruise ships. Plus, as @timf2001 pointed out, the Healthy Sail Panel has proposed no cruises longer than 10 days, probably the prime reason NCL changed the 12 day cruises to 7 day cruises.

I over stated that the restart to cruising may not happen even by Feb 2021. Although most probably a vaccine will not yet be available to everyone by then, NCL will probably resume cruising by Feb 2021, albeit with those corona virus restrictions (masks, social distancing, limited capacities, cruise line only shore excursions, etc). For me, no cruising until there is a vaccine. Those restrictions are not my idea of fun on a cruise.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:51 AM, detwings said:

We were checking our scheduled cruises yesterday on NCL's website and noticed our cruise February 12, 2021 on NCL Joy (short cruise) was gone from our list.  My DH called NCL and they said that cruise was cancelled.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:11 AM, farmersfight said:

* just saw @Cruise Wonderland's post above. Looks like your cruise was just totally revised in lieu of being cancelled.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

These "new" cruises are not yet listed on NCL site. Perhaps in the next few days.

I receive the details of these cruises yesterday.

But who knows NCL may change their mind again and further modify the itineraries 😉

Thanks for the reply.  Just curious, are you a travel agent?  Wondering why you received details before it is posted on the site.

2 minutes ago, Katie H said:

Thanks for the reply.  Just curious, are you a travel agent?  Wondering why you received details before it is posted on the site.

Yes, these "new" cruises were on the booking system yesterday but without prices yet. Hence I was able to list out the dates.

HOWEVER, as I have said, "who knows NCL may change their mind again and further modify the itineraries"... and this really happens today. The "new" cruises disappear again. Not sure if they will re-appear after a few days.

Now what I can see is same as that you can see on NCL site: after 1/24 then nothing until 2/28

I will check again tomorrow and let you know the updates.

5 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes, these "new" cruises were on the booking system yesterday but without prices yet. Hence I was able to list out the dates.

HOWEVER, as I have said, "who knows NCL may change their mind again and further modify the itineraries"... and this really happens today. The "new" cruises disappear again. Not sure if they will re-appear after a few days.

Now what I can see is same as that you can see on NCL site: after 1/24 then nothing until 2/28

I will check again tomorrow and let you know the updates.

Thanks.  We are booked on Joy for B2B in early December and we are becoming more sure by the day that those will not go so are looking at alternatives so we are ready when the official cancellation comes.  We booked the December cruises with FCC from March and April cancellations and were able to take advantage of the 20% off the new cruise.  I think that benefit is now lost to us. At the time we booked, we thought December was a really safe date.  How naive we were 😒.

The Joy 7 night  February 2021 cruises are available to book on NCL website today.

I wish NCL would revise the itineraries for the Jade's February 2021 cruises because I'm pretty sure our 13 night cruise February 1st round trip out of Tampa will not happen.  Sad because I love the Jade and the cruise had some Caribbean ports new to us.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, farmersfight said:

Thanks @detwings. Yeah the Wings are in a totally rebuilding mode. A lot of young players. They'll be back to the old glory days, eventually I'm sure. I've kind of done the opposite of you - I was born in the Detroit area (Grosse Pointe) but moved down to the Miami area (Coral Gables) when I was a kid. Grew up in Coral Gables and Hialeah, Fla. To make a long story short, after retiring, I moved back up to Michigan (Muskegon) to be near family.

I've lived in hot, humid climates most of my life - South and East Florida as well as Houston & Galveston, Texas. I'm trying to decide which I prefer - the hot, humid south or the north (i.e. Michigan) where you have the cold & the snow. Who knows, I may eventually move back to Fla and to your neck of the woods - Tampa. Tampa is a great sports city (Lightning just won the Stanley Cup and the Rays are in the World Series). Pre-covid, did you ever go to see the Red Wings when they were in Tampa to play the Lightning?

So, did your screen name come from a football yell from the time you were in Texas?

"Farmers Fight!

Farmers Fight!

Fight, Fight!

Farmers, Farmers, Fight"

Gig 'em.

• Like 1