Remaining Caribbean cruises for winter 20/21

molecrochip

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I believe that an announcement is due shortly confirming the cancellation of the remaining Britannia and Azura Caribbean cruises for Winter 20/21.

Any info on whether they intend to try and put something to replace those itineries?  Azura was due to reposition to Valetta, any whispers re will she be taking pax from Southampton to Valetta?

Yes, already had the email.

It says that we have been given an FCC but that we cannot use it until it is showing on our account. We were going to use the transfer the cruise anyway and use the deposit from it to one of the summer 2022 ones when we can in Nov. But now, read literally it looks as though we cannot use that FCC until it shows on the account. That cannot be right can it, surely we can use it towards one of the 2022 cruises. P&O never do anything simply ! 

Can I transfer instead?

In order for this process to work effectively, we ask that you bear with us and allow us to cancel your booking and issue you with an FCC. As soon as this is created on your account, you will be able to make a new booking of your choice.

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

Yes, already had the email.

It says that we have been given an FCC but that we cannot use it until it is showing on our account. We were going to use the transfer the cruise anyway and use the deposit from it to one of the summer 2022 ones when we can in Nov. But now, read literally it looks as though we cannot use that FCC until it shows on the account. That cannot be right can it, surely we can use it towards one of the 2022 cruises. P&O never do anything simply ! 

Can I transfer instead?

In order for this process to work effectively, we ask that you bear with us and allow us to cancel your booking and issue you with an FCC. As soon as this is created on your account, you will be able to make a new booking of your choice.

We used FCC to re-book before the FCC showed on our account.  The booking invoice simply showed that we owed the full amount, but was told on the phone to expect that and that the accounts dept. would catch up with the paperwork in due course.  After quite a few weeks, no new confirmation received so I emailed.  The reply I said that the accounts dept. were still playing catch up (no surprise with the refund debacle), but that our booking was sufficiently annotated that the FCC had to be applied.  Subsequently cancelled by PandO, so immaterial that they never caught up.  FCCs now showing on our account though.

I'd give them a call and see what they say.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Any info on whether they intend to try and put something to replace those itineries?  Azura was due to reposition to Valetta, any whispers re will she be taking pax from Southampton to Valetta?

I think its safe to assume that any future itineraries for the ships in general will be ex-Southampton but whether they're going to stick to the original plan for a Spring/Summer itinerary 'as currently advertised' is going to be like guessing the correct lottery numbers.

In one sense you know something is going to happen but you really have no clue whether you're going to 'win' or be kept waiting...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I believe that an announcement is due shortly confirming the cancellation of the remaining Britannia and Azura Caribbean cruises for Winter 20/21.

Is there any word on what they intend to do with the Iona cruises.

I’m waiting patiently for my 6th March cruise to be cancelled 

• Like 1