Flights by Celebrity Codes

LoveThatCorgi

Hi all,  Can someone help me decipher what these codes mean on the Flights by Celebrity flight quotes, please? 

I understand the gold suitcase and number, but what does the gold "+1" mean?  And what does "On-Demand" mean?  This particular flight is about $1K less pp than the flight that doesn't have that designation. 

This is our first Celebrity cruise, so I've never used their flight tool before.  I looked on the site, and if this information is there, I can't find it, so anything you can tell me would be appreciated!

image.png.93eed2d0f620dab240e8f67d6f955bdf.png

Thank you!

The gold suitcase number and the +1 mean checked bag + carry on; such as 1 Checked Bag + 1 Carry On, or 2 Checked Bags + 1 Carry On.

The On-demand refers to the fact that you have seat back entertainment that is available for your own selection at the times and shows of your choice; such as a long list of movies that you select to begin as you want to watch them, pause when you want, and so on.

13 hours ago, terry&mike said:

The gold suitcase number and the +1 mean checked bag + carry on; such as 1 Checked Bag + 1 Carry On, or 2 Checked Bags + 1 Carry On.

The On-demand refers to the fact that you have seat back entertainment that is available for your own selection at the times and shows of your choice; such as a long list of movies that you select to begin as you want to watch them, pause when you want, and so on.

Thank you!  It sounds like I need to call and see about repricing my flights!

12 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

Thank you!  It sounds like I need to call and see about repricing my flights!

Repricing with a $200 change fee? Most airlines don't have change fees any more. I am a little confused...have you purchased flights already?

Are these international flights?  At the prices you mention, I'm guessing yes.  Most airlines allow at least 1 free checked bag and seat back entertainment screens on all long haul international flights; I'm surprised you are seeing differently.  What flight # and date of travel have you booked?

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Repricing with a $200 change fee? Most airlines don't have change fees any more. I am a little confused...have you purchased flights already?

No, I have reserved through Flights by Celebrity, but it's the "risk free"option, so I won't be expected to pay for almost 6 more months.  I don't think the fee applies until after final payment. 

9 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Are these international flights?  At the prices you mention, I'm guessing yes.  Most airlines allow at least 1 free checked bag and seat back entertainment screens on all long haul international flights; I'm surprised you are seeing differently.  What flight # and date of travel have you booked?

Yes, it's international. I don't think it was a case of these not being offered on the flight.  These were shown on the American Airlines website (I looked at AA's site before I booked with Celebrity), but they weren't on the Flights by Celebrity site when I originally reserved - the on-demand item specifically.  Since the price had dropped significantly, it caused me a little concern until the folks here on Cruise Critic helped out! 

I have booked my flights with Flights By Celebrity for my (hopefully) July 2021 cruise.

Using DL (KLM) and have already done two reprice changes...no change fee...easy to do

over the phone. The reps I've spoken to couldn't have made the reprice easier...keeping

same flights and seats...and saving me just over $1200 so far for my two business class seats.

This is the first time I have opted to book air with the cruiseline...and so far very impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1