If the rumours are true that Celebrity will become an all inclusive cruiseline...

Quo Vadis?

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Suites are already all inclusive and they negate upper loyalty levels.  

True.

this would be a very interesting development in the cruising world for such a large cruise line to go AI. The only other to be attempting it is Virgin... and that has yet to be tested. 

28 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

True.

this would be a very interesting development in the cruising world for such a large cruise line to go AI. The only other to be attempting it is Virgin... and that has yet to be tested. 

TUI Cruises has always been All Inclusive, Velebrity might copy this very successful business model from their sister company who has comparable ships in size and quality.

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We've booked high end suites that automatically come with some amenities using a senior or resident discount but they are not always available.

Yes it stinks when that's not available (they have now even removed the option to check from the website).   If I book a RS when PERKS are required.  I get PBP and Wifi  1) as an amenity of the suite  2) Perk included in the suite price  3) my loyalty benefit.    At least with the Wifi I can use the 3 packages on 3 devices.    The Bev package you are just paying.   I asked one time if I could gift one to someone else and was told no.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Will RCG merge Celebrity with Azamara?  Is that where this rumor is going?

OMG I hope not!  I don't want Azamara dumbed down to Celebrity's level.  Azamara already includes the basic liquors, soft drinks and gratuities.  Their service is far superior.  Celebrity would certainly have to elevate their level of service to be considered an all inclusive quality line.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Does anyone have a source for the AI rumor?  I haven't seen or heard anything about it and nothing comes up in google.

That was my reaction...rumors are not facts.

A source would be helpful before the speculation goes on and on!

• Like 2

Celebrity all inclusive, this class segmented cruise line. Really, what a laugh. 

Back in the 1990's with the Zenith and Mercury and Century, it was rather that. But that style died a while ago with RCL purchase as they killed the great cruise line that Celebrity used to be.

If this is true, Celebrity mgmt must think there are many stupid consumers our there, well I guess there are.

Celebrity, get over yourself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I agree with your " down east " thinking.

Some folks don't drink liquor ,use the internet or need OBC ( ?? ) to spend , yet will be paying for it in the price of the cruise.

It's just a rumor at this time, so, not to worry about it.

My guess--- it won't happen.

I actually agree with you. 😉

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

On the cruises I am watching Celebrity is doing something similar.   Book a refundable deposit and get 2 perks add the other 2 perks for $35 per day.  That has been an option on many sailing for quite awhile.   

To really let you know how much you're paying for those first 2 "free" perks, it would be nice if they would replace the NRD fare with a cruise only fare with a RD. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

To really let you know how much you're paying for those first 2 "free" perks, it would be nice if they would replace the NRD fare with a cruise only fare with a RD. 

That used to be available and visible on some TA sites.   It was called "Price Rate". 

I just checked and it looks like it is available.  Refundable deposit $185 pp more than NRD.  That extra perk is $385 pp on this 11 night sailing.

image.png.4e6d8b8b299f533c4aaeb10418d0c417.png

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That used to be available and visible on some TA sites.   It was called "Price Rate". 

I just checked and it looks like it is available.  Refundable deposit $185 pp more than NRD.  That extra perk is $385 pp on this 11 night sailing.

image.png.4e6d8b8b299f533c4aaeb10418d0c417.png

But no "cruise only" fare as they include the free Classic Drinks package with the NRD rate. 

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't take some measure to simplify pricing. Princess doing the $40 per day drink/wifi/grats cost would work well. Something similar could be spun as an all-inclusive-esque option. 

There are a lot of people who think you have to spend a lot of money onboard and they will need every bit of new business they can get when the time comes. Masks and low capacity aren't going to be the only changes ahead. There will be fundamental changes to the product coming, without a doubt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

That was my reaction...rumors are not facts.

A source would be helpful before the speculation goes on and on!

OP did not say it was fact, simply said "if the rumors are true"  then offered their thoughts on it.  Has for me at least generated good food for thought from the other posters...it is what CC is all about

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not always.  I have booked sky suites with no perks attached.

Good point.  Independent of current situation, will be nice if/when we get back to normal, Celebrity will establish a particular level at which point perk(s) would be clearly established.  I.E. in veranda you are offered xxxx, in balcony xxxxx, etc etc.  Make it so much easier to compare and make a decision    

19 hours ago, pumpkin 11 said:

True.

The information that I received recently from Virgin (how many mailing lists am I on, anyway?) indicated that only "basic beverages" were included, evidently meaning pretty much all nonalcoholic drinks. Wine with dinner and any other alcoholic drink appears to be extra.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Oville said:

The OP is THE top Zenith member.

Do you know this for a fact?  I thought Arno was the top Zenith member.  Haven't heard from him in ages.  I know on several Celebrity Facebook pages he has recently changed his name to his full name (speaking of Arno).  I am assuming Argo is someone different, or is he?

It would be nice if after posting such speculation of such a significant change, that Argo would come back to the thread and give us a hint where he heard these rumors and is the source reputable or the usual drivel.  I feel like we are being toyed with and I don't like that - we need to stick together as Celebrity fans these days and not taunt each other.

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

The information that I received recently from Virgin (how many mailing lists am I on, anyway?) indicated that only "basic beverages" were included, evidently meaning pretty much all nonalcoholic drinks. Wine with dinner and any other alcoholic drink appears to be extra.

Correct, booze was  not included on Virgin, also no drink packages were being offered for bookings before the stuff hit the fan this past spring.  They just said drinks would be priced competitively.  

We aren't big drinkers, one cocktail each day before dinner in the Passport lounge. If the rumors are true then we won't be sailing on Celebrity anymore, why pay for something we aren't going to use.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1