Beware when booking with Scenic

MacWino

We had a river cruise booked with Scenic and cancelled 180 days before the sailing.  It took Scenic 132 days to return my money after they kept $1000 from each of us.  If they don't get their money on the date stated, they will cancel your cruise.  However, if the customer cancels the cruise it takes months and months to get a refund.  We are returning Scenic cruisers and still waited for the refund.  Very disappointed because it had been our favorite river cruise company.

1 hour ago, MacWino said:

We had a river cruise booked with Scenic and cancelled 180 days before the sailing.  It took Scenic 132 days to return my money after they kept $1000 from each of us.  If they don't get their money on the date stated, they will cancel your cruise.  However, if the customer cancels the cruise it takes months and months to get a refund.  We are returning Scenic cruisers and still waited for the refund.  Very disappointed because it had been our favorite river cruise company.

I Am so sorry you had this issue, yet please remember that during this time most, if not all lines (river and ocean) have had and will continue to have cash flow problems.

As such, refunds are taking an extraordinary amount of time, if one can get a refund from some of the lines, less timely.

Happy you received your refund, regardless.

bon voyage