2/2022 Freedom canceled - replaced with Explorer

maggieq

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I hate to say this but do you think that there is a possibility that those missing weeks will be a drydock for EX.  It would seem odd to take her out of service in March but it’s just as odd that all the itineraries didn’t load. 

Oh My.....The only schedule showing right now is March 6th. Would they really do that right in the middle of what would be a popular season to book the southern caribbean?  Answer = who know's :classic_ohmy:

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They did it to us on Adventure when they moved us to Jewel.  

going from 12 Owners suites to 5 And similar numbers for GS and JS caused problems and then they put them on sale before moving people...crazy 

Some of us have a really good TA who made it happen. You really should find you one like ours. 😇

M8

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I understand that point but if that was purely the case why switch itineraries completely?

Surely Explorer can sail the same ports as the Freedom dates it's replacing. Same for Radiance doing the ABC itinerary it's replacing. 

Radiance is not doing the ABC run in place of Explorer.  We were booked on a B2B on Explorer in Feb 2022, primarily for the 9nt ABC run.  Radiance itineraries for our two dates are completely different.  Our Feb 18th 9nt was Labadee and ABC, you can look in the below PDF to see what it is now.  Our 5nt on Feb 27 was Nassau & Labadee - now Labadee & Key West (an improvement on that one in my opinion).

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RD_Caribbean.pdf 

Since I crashed a Freedom/Explorer thread, here's the Explorer flyer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/EX.pdf

And Freedom:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19071003_FR_Caribbean.pdf 

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Oh My.....The only schedule showing right now is March 6th. Would they really do that right in the middle of what would be a popular season to book the southern caribbean?  Answer = who know's :classic_ohmy:

Under normal circumstances probably no5 but there is probably a Backlog with things being shut down and they may have to take what they get.  Hope it’s just another IT screwup in loading itineraries. 

personally not very happy with the Jan/Feb 2022 change, I just L&Sed one of my Jan/Feb 2021 cruises to last week of Feb and canceled the first leg of the B2B because I had these booked had I know this 3 days earlier I could of L&Sed both of the Jan/Feb 2021 B2B to 2022 and canceled these.

I am really getting discouraged with constant changing after I book.  Over the last 3 years almost half my cruises have had the ships change or been cancelled out right.  I book at  least 3 cruises a year and book early to get the location I want,  may really think hard about another option for my vacations

25 minutes ago, Dan-P said:

Radiance is not doing the ABC run in place of Explorer.  We were booked on a B2B on Explorer in Feb 2022, primarily for the 9nt ABC run.  Radiance itineraries for our two dates are completely different.  Our Feb 18th 9nt was Labadee and ABC, you can look in the below PDF to see what it is now.  Our 5nt on Feb 27 was Nassau & Labadee - now Labadee & Key West (an improvement on that one in my opinion).

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RD_Caribbean.pdf 

Since I crashed a Freedom/Explorer thread, here's the Explorer flyer:

And Freedom:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19071003_FR_Caribbean.pdf 

Dan.

This was my point exactly. They could have changed ships to move capacity and kept itineraries the same.

Changing itineraries completely is manipulating cancellations, which I believe is the goal. Then selling the newly freed up space at higher prices.

I also was a 9 nighter Ex to ABC's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They may have already taken the appropriate rooms out of inventory to move you to. I can’t imagine they have all sold in the last 30 minutes.

I price checked our cruise that got moved from Freedom to Explorer and when I got to suites (which we booked a junior suite on Freedom), they were sold out. So I'm hoping we get the same room. I looked at the deck plans and our suite on Freedom is the same on Explorer. I really wanted to go on Freedom but at this point I'd go on a tug boat just to get out on the ocean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I price checked our cruise that got moved from Freedom to Explorer and when I got to suites (which we booked a junior suite on Freedom), they were sold out. So I'm hoping we get the same room. I looked at the deck plans and our suite on Freedom is the same on Explorer. I really wanted to go on Freedom but at this point I'd go on a tug boat just to get out on the ocean.

I had originally been scheduled for Freedom March 2021 but did a L/S to Freedom March 2022 instead.

Just hoping the schedule shows up soon and I get the cabin I wanted for my B2B.

• Like 2

I am not happy.  I was/am booked on Freedom in a JS for 4/2022 sailing to ABC islands.  I see that has changed to Explorer.  NOPE!  I paid nearly $4200 for that room and to try to get one close to that on a smaller and older ship with a questionable itinerary, no thank you.  I am asking my TA to change us to an 8 nighter on Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale.  I think Freedom is cursed for me anyway.  The first time I sailed on her was 2016 and the week before I shattered my elbow needing surgery, still went on the cruise.  The next time I was booked, COVID hit and you see what that did.  Now I figured 2022 was safe and now it's been cancelled again.  Bummer. 

We had an aft balcony  booked on the 2/6/22 freedom cruise. With other cruises getting moved around we cancelled less than two weeks ago. If we hadn't we would definitely be cancelling now. We booked as soon as itineraries came out and had a ok price for freedom not so much for explorer. Good Luck to those figuring out what to do! 

I'm on Freedom for December 26, 2021. The email says we will be moved to Explorer for the same day and similar itinerary. But I don't see a matching itinerary for Explorer online. 

We sail more for the ports than the ship, so I'm not upset, but I guess I'll have to call and find out where we're going.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The itinerary is not up in the system.  The reps that you call will not have access to it either.

our travel agent was able to call Royal and find out our itinerary for February 13 2022 out of San Juan that is not online yet! 

Edited by CaribbeanLover22

24 minutes ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

I'm on Freedom for December 26, 2021. The email says we will be moved to Explorer for the same day and similar itinerary. But I don't see a matching itinerary for Explorer online. 

We sail more for the ports than the ship, so I'm not upset, but I guess I'll have to call and find out where we're going.

So I guess I can live with being switched to Explorer instead of Freedom for our Nov. 7th 2021 sailing, but I disappointed in several ways. They changed our junior suite cabin number. We are on the same deck but down the hall. We paid extra for "You Pick," so it would be nice if they gave me some OBC for that. I know it's not a lot $20-40, but if I pay extra for something I'd like to receive that. The main thing was that we picked this cruise to be on Freedom. I had heard many great things about Freedom and wanted to sail on her after her amplification. I'll live with the changes, at this point I'd go on a tugboat just to get out at sea.

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The itinerary is not up in the system.  The reps that you call will not have access to it either.

I called and the rep was able to get that information after checking with someone. 

In our case, we're changing from St Maarten/Aruba/Curacao/St Kitts to St Maarten/Aruba/Bonaire/Curaçao. They can't see the cabin assignments yet, but I was told that I would be receiving the same class cabin as close to the original position as possible and that our price and terms would not change.

I'm happy with this, so I'll let them automatically move us. We'll make a final decision before the final payment date based on where we are with COVID and how safe we feel about cruising next fall.

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I guess I can live with being switched to Explorer instead of Freedom for our Nov. 7th 2021 sailing, but I disappointed in several ways. They changed our junior suite cabin number. We are on the same deck but down the hall. We paid extra for "You Pick," so it would be nice if they gave me some OBC for that. I know it's not a lot $20-40, but if I pay extra for something I'd like to receive that. The main thing was that we picked this cruise to be on Freedom. I had heard many great things about Freedom and wanted to sail on her after her amplification. I'll live with the changes, at this point I'd go on a tugboat just to get out at sea.

Check your email. Mine said that balconies and suites were getting an extra $100 in OBC because of the move. Interior & OV rooms get $50 OBC.

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How did you find out your new cabin # and what the itinerary is going to be? 

6 minutes ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

Check your email. Mine said that balconies and suites were getting an extra $100 in OBC because of the move. Interior & OV rooms get $50 OBC.

Yes mine said that also but is it $100pp suite or $100 per cabin?