2/2022 Freedom canceled - replaced with Explorer

maggieq

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

How did you find out your new cabin # and what the itinerary is going to be? 

For our cruise they haven't reassigned cabins yet, but they just got the itinerary info today. Lots of moving parts, so they don't have all the answers right now.

2 minutes ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

I think that's per cabin.

I'll have to call about my itinerary:

1st leg was St Maarten, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire

2nd leg was St Thomas, St Maarten, St John Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados

I hope it hasn't changed !!

2 minutes ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

For our cruise they haven't reassigned cabins yet, but they just got the itinerary info today. Lots of moving parts, so they don't have all the answers right now.

I booked a middle hump OS for both my B2B's...I'm hoping there's no change except I can see the cabin #

is different on Explorer than Freedom.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Dan P upthread had this information:

here's the Explorer flyer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/EX.pdf

And Freedom (which shifts to Miami)

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19071003_FR_Caribbean.pdf 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Our February 13 2022 Was supposed to be exactly the same as your 2nd leg. Ours is now changed to:

Feb 13 – depart San Juan

Feb 14   St Thomas

Feb 15  St Croix, USVI

Feb 16  St Maarten

Feb 17 St Lucia

Feb 18 Barbados

Feb 19 St Kitts/Nevis

Feb 20 return to San Juan

1 minute ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

Dan P upthread had this information:

here's the Explorer flyer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/EX.pdf

And Freedom (which shifts to Miami)

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19071003_FR_Caribbean.pdf 

I still don't understand why the ports had to change!! You would have thought they could have just changed the ship and let Explorer do the same itinerary. That word in my email "similar" is what gave me concern....and hopefully they'll be a price reduction going from a Freedom class to a Voyager class...their should be....but they've got us captured at least me as I got these cabins at an amazing rate.

21 minutes ago, Ashland said:

How did you find out your new cabin # and what the itinerary is going to be? 

This morning when I went to my cruise planner, it had the new itinerary and new Jr. Suite cabin number. The only thing I got from Royal was that all my Freedom cruise was cancelled and all my cruise planner purchases would be refunded. They didn't even send me an email that I had been moved to Explorer. I knew about all that from here at CC.

56 minutes ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

Our February 13 2022 Was supposed to be exactly the same as your 2nd leg. Ours is now changed to:

Feb 13 – depart San Juan

Feb 14   St Thomas

Feb 15  St Croix, USVI

Feb 16  St Maarten

Feb 17 St Lucia

Feb 18 Barbados

Feb 19 St Kitts/Nevis

Feb 20 return to San Juan

I just spoke with RCI and was told my March 20th & March 27th itinerary would stay the same...only change is the ship.

Also the OBC for suite's are $100pp not per cabin. 

Their working on cabin assignments now and should get an email but my OS location should not change just the #.

I hope what they told me is all correct...but I was put on hold a few times so seems like they were verifying the info.

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just spoke with RCI and was told my March 20th & March 27th itinerary would stay the same...only change is the ship.

Also the OBC for suite's are $100pp not per cabin. 

Their working on cabin assignments now and should get an email but my OS location should not change just the #.

I hope what they told me is all correct...but I was put on hold a few times so seems like they were verifying the info.

I’m ok with the itinerary update, wish we had Antigua as haven’t been and St Croix and St Kitts I don’t need to do again. But ok with it overall. 

Are all obc pp? We have a balcony. Anxious to find out our room numbers. We have 4 other rooms in our group. 

5 minutes ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

I’m ok with the itinerary update, wish we had Antigua as haven’t been and St Croix and St Kitts I don’t need to do again. But ok with it overall. 

Are all obc pp? We have a balcony. Anxious to find out our room numbers. We have 4 other rooms in our group. 

Yes...all OBC pp.

I'm so glad my itineraries didn't change..I was always fine with St Maarten being the only repeated port.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm kinda liking this now as we have a Jr. Suite with 3 people.

Now my TA says not so fast. She is unsure if the $100 OBC for suites is pp or per cabin and says since there are 3 in the suite if it is per person it may only be the first 2. What kind of junk is that? I'm glad I will now have a new TA for future sailings.

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Now my TA says not so fast. She is unsure if the $100 OBC for suites is pp or per cabin and says since there are 3 in the suite if it is per person it may only be the first 2. What kind of junk is that? I'm glad I will now have a new TA for future sailings.

RCI said $100 pp...There are only two of us so not sure if there's three. But it's better than per cabin...right.

41 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI said $100 pp...There are only two of us so not sure if there's three. But it's better than per cabin...right.

In our case our 3rd person is our age 21 year old son. Since he is an adult I would hope it would count as 3 each getting $100 OBC. I’m not holding my breath on this one.

• Like 1

We're on the Nov 28 2021 Freedom. We have two reservations. One has been moved to Explorer and it's showing exact same itinerary so that's a relief. But I don't see any OBC available when I go into cruise planner. So not sure if that will be added later. The email would have gone to our friend and I haven't connected with her about the change. Still waiting on my cabin to change over so we can see the email details.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:36 PM, Sea Dog said:

Yes I heard that but still have not a email from Royal.

My parents have yet to receive their email for our cruise, with decisions due Oct 30th on stay or cancel.

What a crap show.

They only know about the moves because we got our email. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

They only know about the moves because we got our email. 

I learned more about the changes here on CC than I have from Royal or my TA. I do know that it will take Royal some time to get everything transferred over and for things to show up in the cruise planner. I'm still waiting on an updated invoice to make sure the cost of my cruise is still the same.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I learned more about the changes here on CC than I have from Royal or my TA. I do know that it will take Royal some time to get everything transferred over and for things to show up in the cruise planner. I'm still waiting on an updated invoice to make sure the cost of my cruise is still the same.

Yeah, I don't begrudge them time to make the changes and figure things out..... I like to think I take a reasonable approach.

What I do take issue with is having to make a decision within 7 days - before they've even figured out what they're doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Yeah, I don't begrudge them time to make the changes and figure things out..... I like to think I take a reasonable approach.

What I do take issue with is having to make a decision within 7 days - before they've even figured out what they're doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they extend that Oct 30th date...so much going on.

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

We're on the Nov 28 2021 Freedom. We have two reservations. One has been moved to Explorer and it's showing exact same itinerary so that's a relief. But I don't see any OBC available when I go into cruise planner. So not sure if that will be added later. The email would have gone to our friend and I haven't connected with her about the change. Still waiting on my cabin to change over so we can see the email details.

Our OBC hasn't shown up yet, either. For that matter, when I log in it says I'm still on Freedom. I suspect that stuff won't switch over until after the 30th.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:20 PM, MrSnarkyPants said:

Over in one of the other "change" threads (Explorer to Radiance) I learned if you login to your RCL account it might give you a room number.

We started deck 8.

Got bumped to deck 3.

Called and got put to deck 8 again. 

Pricing still messed up but they said that will all be recalculated by Oct 30.....