Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes. 150% solo supplement at 350, also 2 gift choices at 350 and 3 gift choices at 525 (the 2 unnamed different levels of D+

Well that explains it nicely. .. lol unnamed d+ levels. No wonder I'm confused. 

350 still sounds miles away. I'd have to be Mario to get to pinnacle. 

25 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

It will accelerate my Pinnacle a lot earlier. I will be very close with the cruises I have booked and may add another one or two to reach the milestone, I may be in the minority who may book additional cruises. 

I would chase the points if I were close enough - but I'm caught somewhere in the middle and it would take a LOT of solo days to get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

We will never make Pinnacle. Being D+, or the other milestones of D+ matters not to us other than any discounts that come with it. We will not be chasing points but instead good times. 

M8

Since you always book suites being Pinnacle really doesn't matter anyway does it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Did anyone see the announcement that Royal is doubling the points needed to get to each level starting in January, 2021?

drama cooking GIF

Yes! And now to make your vacation even more exciting they've introduced "dynamic itineraries" where your ship and ports aren't known 100% when booking! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well that explains it nicely. .. lol unnamed d+ levels. No wonder I'm confused. 

350 still sounds miles away. I'd have to be Mario to get to pinnacle. 

There are NO unnamed D+ levels.  They are all D+ until one reaches Pinnacle.  RCCL was generous in providing a few extra benefits along the way ( still not enough for some) , but at the end of the day, the guest is still D+.   People have made up  all kinds of names to make themselves feel more important, such as  D++ or D+++.  They are all D+!

D+ 175 points, Pinnacle 700.  

M

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There are NO unnamed D+ levels.  They are all D+ until one reaches Pinnacle.  RCCL was generous in providing a few extra benefits along the way ( still not enough for some) , but at the end of the day, the guest is still D+.   People have made up  all kinds of names to make themselves feel more important, such as  D++ or D+++.  They are all D+!

D+ 175 points, Pinnacle 700.  

M

Well the lower solo supplement I'd like, the gifts and stuff you can keep. 

I dont care what they call the level. I'll never mame pinnacle unless I move to a port city. 

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Since you always book suites being Pinnacle really doesn't matter anyway does it?

That’s correct. We could care less having a meal with an officer. The guys put their underwear on just like me (I hope). 

I’m sure Pinnacle’s get a few perks we don’t get as an Amenities. Extra wine in cabin??  Not big wine drinkers. 

With the exception on one cruise, we have enjoyed the Suite Amenities. I believe Royal has attempted to remedy the situation we had and as a result, we will try again. We now have 4 cruises booked.  114 points if they all go. We were doing 4-6 cruises a year (a couple of weekend cruises in those numbers). 

M8

• Like 4

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

I agree that it is a lofty goal and I contend that it should be.  It should be hard to reach and be   significantly  different from simply reaching D or D+.  

M

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I agree that it is a lofty goal and I contend that it should be.  It should be hard to reach and be   significantly  different from simply reaching D or D+.  

M

They knew the levels going in and up front.  Why they whine (wine) for new levels is beyond me. 

Want Suite amenities, book a Suite or strive to make Pinnacle. 

M8

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well the lower solo supplement I'd like, the gifts and stuff you can keep. 

I dont care what they call the level. I'll never mame pinnacle unless I move to a port city. 

Guess you meant make.  It is really hard for those of us  who don't  live in a port city.  Travel time, hotel costs, airfare etc. add a good bit to the  cruise fare.  

Let's see... my cancelled 12 night BI cruise in a JS would have given me 48 points and catapulted me into Diamond. Since the family could only be convinced to book a 4 night and we went with balcony rooms to replace it, the 8 points will get me no where. But I'll take it lol!

• Like 1

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think everyone here knows exactly what I meant.  There are two different milestones in which you can accrue additional perks which does make them an unnamed level.  

Sorry - didn't mean to be so aggressive.  For some reason this is a sore spot for me.  To me, it is so  stupid when people make up categories and  call themselves double Pinnace, Diamond ++ or whatever.   I sort of feel sorry for them.   I guess they have a need to feel important.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

This is us too, except we're  (a long way) between D and D+. Our last cruise (Adventure over Thanksgiving, can't believe it was nearly a year ago!) was our first and so far only as D. Glad we got the chance to experience it before everything went pear-shaped. 😞

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Unless I am missing something (don't care and never have accepted the meal with an officer invitation) unless it's a ship that has Coastal Kitchen there really isn't all that much advantage to being Pinnacle. Or is there other than bragging rights?

We do like the meal with the officer ( and for D+ meal  the term officer can be used loosely) and accept the invitation  unless it is lunch on the last sea day. If that is the case, we decline.  

I think all the tier levels are generous, and don't look to a particular class of chip when we sail.  We know what we are getting ( or not)  on different  ships.    

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

We do like the meal with the officer ( and for D+ meal  the term officer can be used loosely) and accept the invitation  unless it is lunch on the last sea day. If that is the case, we decline.  

M

It's almost always lunch on the last sea day in my experience 

• Thanks 1