Grandeur of the Seas

16 hours ago, rcclmiami said:

Our last GoS cruise was the ta after she was “revitalization “. We called her Sewer of the Seas. They added cabins and deck 4 smelled like sewage. Some cabins had no water. I will not mis her. Did 5 weeks on Enchantment and prefer her.

The Grandeur always had a sewer smell.  For us she was "Stinky of the Seas"

There is a news article on cruise critic about new CDC crew requirements that must be satisfied 28 days before the ship can sail in US waters.  They are extremely onerous unless the ship is “green”.  If you follow a link in that article, you will find a list of ships and their current status.

All the listed ships are “green” except for Grandeur which is “red”.  No ships owned by CCL are listed, so I don’t quite know what to make of this list.  But RCL lets Grandeur have “red” status, so this is not a good omen for its future.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rcclmiami said:

Enchantment lengthening included expanding mechanicals on decks 1 and 2. Grandeur shoehorned in more cabins in existing space.  No space allocated for the increased water and sewer demand. Royals greed apparent. I was on the ta for the cruise prior to the ceo inspection of the amplification. Watched crew spray oil on hull in Cadiz and scramble to clean up and paint in Tenerife. Captain avoided passengers until last day at sea and got blasted by passengers furious about the condition. 
Enchantment added Boleros, concierge lounge during lengthening. I was on her out of Philadelphia during her “tour” on her way to Miami.

Grandeur has both Concierge and Diamond Lounges, and they aren't shoe-horned into the DJ station in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Don't take a cabin under Boleros on the Enchantment!  😱

Enchantment added cabins in the same locations that Grandeur did (midship in what used to be public spaces, and Enchantment's original Concierge Lounge), PLUS the extra cabins in the lengthening process.

I have sailed on the Grandeur, oh, countless times, and haven't had any problems with the plumbing, and only the very rare sewage smell. But I have smelled that on brand new ships.  It often depends on the hygiene habits of your neighbors.  😏

• Like 2

Don't hold your breath waiting for the Grandeur.  According to the latest CDC report she is the only ship in the fleet operating or or planning to operate in US waters that doesn't have a plan for re-crewing the ship to begin commercial operations.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

The only ship in the RCI fleet where the cruise line hasn't completed and signed an acknowledgement for a COVID-19 crew response plan is...  Grandeur of the Seas.  

That can't bode well for Grandeur's future if Royal has chosen not to bother.

1038004643_ScreenShot2020-11-08at12_13_13PM.thumb.jpg.578a9dfdd5decd62c9794847aa5f907e.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

The only ship in the RCI fleet where the cruise line hasn't completed and signed an acknowledgement for a COVID-19 crew response plan is...  Grandeur of the Seas.  

That can't bode well for Grandeur's future if Royal has chosen not to bother.

1038004643_ScreenShot2020-11-08at12_13_13PM.thumb.jpg.578a9dfdd5decd62c9794847aa5f907e.jpg

What that also  reveals is the ships they don’t plan on bringing back for Caribbean sailings anytime soon. Notably Anthem and  Allure.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What that also  reveals is the ships they don’t plan on bringing back for Caribbean sailings anytime soon. Notably Anthem and  Allure.

The CDC only lists ships in or near US waters.  

If any other ships heads this way the CDC would presumably add the ship.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twangster said:

If any other ships heads this way the CDC would presumably add the ship.  

I assume sometime in the near future, the CDC web site will be updated with ships which have submitted paperwork for CSO - that will be more telling than the current NSO table.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 12:03 PM, twangster said:

Cuba is a long way off even if there is a change on Pennsylvania Ave.

I don't think so,  both biden and harris want to lift the travel restriction to cuba. Harris even sponsored a bill to do it.

"Sen. Harris was a co-sponsor of the Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act which would prohibit U.S. citizens from being restricted from traveling to Cuba in 2017 and most recently in 2019 ."

On 11/8/2020 at 11:45 PM, twangster said:

Not sure it means much, but with yesterday's update to the CDC web site, Grandeur is now Green.

Yes it is green for the Grandujer. What amazes me is that on the RCCL website they are still taking reservations for the January 9, 2021, February 6 and March 6, 2021 sailings. There's lots of cabins to pick from. When I booked this cruise months ago the suites were all booked but there back on the market. The junior suites were not all booked that time. Hmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

Yes it is green for the Grandujer. What amazes me is that on the RCCL website they are still taking reservations for the January 9, 2021, February 6 and March 6, 2021 sailings. There's lots of cabins to pick from. When I booked this cruise months ago the suites were all booked but there back on the market. The junior suites were not all booked that time. Hmmmmmm

I think you'll find when you try to book those dates now you get the Oops message.  They still appear on the website but are blocked from bookings.

You can book the 7 night on Jan. 2nd though.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I think you'll find when you try to book those dates now you get the Oops message.  They still appear on the website but are blocked from bookings.

We already booked that last July.  Even if they are still booking, I have doubts that it will be sailing.  Baltimore is still closed as far as I know.  I am guessing that they are delaying the cancellation to delay the refunds.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised that I am wrong.

On 11/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, twangster said:

On 11/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, PigsCanFly said:

We already booked that last July.  Even if they are still booking, I have doubts that it will be sailing.  Baltimore is still closed as far as I know.  I am guessing that they are delaying the cancellation to delay the refunds.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised that I am wrong.

I really wish RCCL would go ahead and cancel the cruises in January, February and March . Get it over with so we can move on. RCCL knows their not going to get there crap together to sail so end it now.

29 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

I really wish RCCL would go ahead and cancel the cruises in January, February and March . Get it over with so we can move on. RCCL knows their not going to get there crap together to sail so end it now.

I am still getting daily emails to book things in the Cruise Planner for my two January Grandeur cruises.  😞  😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

The Port of Baltimore  has always been open to commercial cargo  operations. The only area that is closed  is the cruise port .

• Like 1