Grandeur of the Seas

12 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Me too. lol

RCCL has some freaking idiots working for them in the corporate office.  The cancellation of cruises for Jan, Feb and March for RCCL must be tied to the amount of refunds people will ask for and the fact that their corporate bankroll isn't fat like in the past. Their scrapping for every dime. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

RCCL has some freaking idiots working for them in the corporate office.  The cancellation of cruises for Jan, Feb and March for RCCL must be tied to the amount of refunds people will ask for and the fact that their corporate bankroll isn't fat like in the past. Their scrapping for every dime. 

The new 2022 cruises that have been released will stem the bleeding.   They'll use deposits from those to pay off the refunds that are in the funnel now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyler6597 said:

RCCL has some freaking idiots working for them in the corporate office.  The cancellation of cruises for Jan, Feb and March for RCCL must be tied to the mount of refunds people will ask for and the fact that their corporate bankroll isn't fat like in the past. Their scrapping for every dime. 

They had over $3 billion in cash at the end of September.  I think they have enough to refund deposits.

• Like 2

With today's announcement, I hear the death knell for Grandeur of the Seas.  She was only scheduled to sail out of Baltimore through March, and January and February have just been cancelled.

Hail and farewell, dear Grandeur.  Have a nice trip to Turkey.

😞 

I will miss her!  I have about 40 trips on Grandeur so she has been my home away from home.  My last two trips scheduled on her were in March — 8 day trips — so not going to happen.  I like Enchantment, have sailed her a few times, and will again.  But Enchantment needs to add some specialty restaurants and improve the Diamond and Concierge Clubs.  Grandeur was far superior in those areas, in my opinion.

Next up for me is Oasis in May from Bayonne.  We shall see.  I really can’t see NJ let ships in for a while.  Katherine

• 2 weeks later...

Grandeur is now docked at St Kitts next to Rhapsody of the Seas.  The Federation of St Kitts and Nevis has given both ships at least 60 days "Safe Harbor" status to stay at the pier, but not let crew ashore without quarantine procedures.  This now places all four Vision class ships pier-side in the Leeward Islands, as Enchantment and Vision have been tied up at St Maarten for weeks.  

https://winnmediaskn.com/st-kitts-provides-safe-harbour-for-grandeur-of-the-seas/

It is anyone's guess what this means for the future of these older vessels.

We booked the Grandeur’s last cruise on March 26th.  It’s still sowing as one of our future cruise, but if you do a search on the cruise, it doesn’t show up,  in fact, nothing shows up for the Grandeur.  

We’re also booked on a b2b on the Freedom, but the first, a Canada and NE cruise doesn’t show if you search.  Only the short cruises are showing, with gaps for the Canada cruises.  

And I don’t know why they’re waiting to cancel this cruise.  Full payment is coming due....

• 2 weeks later...