Pullmantur Refunds

Plato123

6 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Thanks Seahunt.

They owe me $3000 US.

Thank you for update.  They owe us around $2000 since Feb of 2020.    Looks like  any money owed (IF ANY) will be  refunded  first  to crew,  employees, travel agencies etc.  

Really hoping those refunds owed to us all come through soon.  Royal Caribbean is very fast on returning refunds to their customers....why not us?????

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, vp1 said:

More than 3 weeks ago, duderest posted that they had requested a refund on 8/5/20.  Coincidentally, on that exact same date, so did I.  I had a cruise (April - Mediterranean) that I tried to work with Pullmantur and then my credit card company for the refund throughout the spring and early summer.  Finally, over the summer, I contacted the seller (cruise dot com) and had an agent from them file the paperwork with RCCL (parent company).  My "90 days" expired weeks ago and still nothing.... When I called the seller, the agent simply said that they had done all they can and they believed that RCCL would, eventually, make good on the refund, but there was essentially nothing more to be done at this point. 😞  

~Bob

Bob, I went through all the same hoops with Pullmantur, and Cruise.com (whom I purchased two Pullmantur Cruises with, which were both cancelled last spring due to the virus) 
Yesterday, I was on hold with A Royal Caribbean rep for an hour, as they tried to find info on my refund or FCC. I have an existing account with RCI.
RCI found nothing and told me to contact Pullmantur offices with two email addresses. 
I told the rep that I had done this all last year -HOURS of time spent on it- but she said that was all she could do. So I sent out two emails to Pullmantur again....
It appears that EVERYBODY keeps passing the buck except they don’t pass the bucks back to me!! 

• Thanks 1

I’m still waiting too.

Strange Royal is dodging questions when they made a offer to us via Pullmantur email six months ago.

Quote.

UPDATE

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is offering you the followings options, which will be managed directly by Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises (both brands belong to the Royal Caribbean group (RCL)):

1. 125% Voucher (Future Cruise Credit – FCC), based on the cabin fare basis, applicable in cruise fares on cruises of Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises.

Any other monies paid to Pullmantur on the booking, like taxes and fees (if not included in the cabin fare), air tickets or, hotel, services fees and others optional services will be added to the credit at 100%. Only the cabin fare itself, which is usually the bulk of the cost – is calculated at 125%.

This voucher (Future Cruise Credit-FCC) allows you to book a new cruise by December 31st, 2021 on a Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises sailing departing on or before April 30th, 2022. The FCC may not be used on Christmas or New Year’s sailings, chartered sailings or in contracted groups.

1. 100% Refund: Or, if you prefer a full refund of the amount paid to Pullmantur, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, RCL will provide you with a refund.

  
If a Pullmantur voucher was issued or promised to you, the acceptance of RCL’s offer will entail that the Pullmantur voucher will become void.

In order to process your selection as soon as possible, please advise your travel agency bySeptember 20th 2020 to let RCL know if you prefer the 125% voucher (Future Cruise Credit-FCC) or the 100% Refund.

We deeply regret this situation, as well as the inconvenience caused. We thank you again for your continued patience and understanding.

Sincerely, 
Pullmantur Cruises Team

Hope your news is as good as mine!!!! Just saw that on Thursday (3/18) my CC was credited with (almost) all of my cruise fare!!  Very pleasantly surprised!!!

~Bob

• Thanks 1

Thanks for update and the good news.  I was hoping that once cruises starting for Royal Caribbean  maybe we would be receiving our refund shortly after. 

I just checked with my cc card and nothing posted from them yet.  Will be looking each day for a positive refund.  Thanks again for letting us know.  (We booked with VTG also).  

6 hours ago, leyla said:

Good news for us also.   Checked credit just now and all was returned.  Hope you all receive yours as soon as possible.  Thanks Royal Caribbeean Group. 

Did you book with RCI directly? And did you get CC or refund? 

15 minutes ago, 2CoolCanucks said:

Did you book with RCI directly? And did you get CC or refund? 

I booked with VTG. It was vigen in original form of payment (credit card) in Can $'s.  Lost a little over currency conversion.  Can live with that. 

On 3/23/2021 at 10:48 AM, leyla said:

I booked with VTG. It was vigen in original form of payment (credit card) in Can $'s.  Lost a little over currency conversion.  Can live with that. 

I received an email from Pullmantur this morning, (after following up from RCI’s suggestion to email them last week) and they informed me that I received a full refund.!! (Minus one deposit of $120.)
SInce the cruises were a gift from our children, and paid for on their VISA, that’s where the refund was sent to. I have contacted my daughter and am awaiting a response to see if she received the $ in her account.
I am pleased and optimistic... 

• Like 1

I for some reason thought refunds would come from RCG but it states on credit card statement that it was returned by Pulmantur.  I think your daughter just didn't have a chance to view her statement.  If we all received she will also...

Thanks for your contribution to this board.

I have a med cruise booked this coming fall with Royal out of Barcelona.  Hope it will not be my third cancelled cruise .  Fingers and toes crossed.  Happy sailing to all whenever that may be.  

7 hours ago, leyla said:

I for some reason thought refunds would come from RCG but it states on credit card statement that it was returned by Pulmantur.  I think your daughter just didn't have a chance to view her statement.  If we all received she will also...

Thanks for your contribution to this board.

I have a med cruise booked this coming fall with Royal out of Barcelona.  Hope it will not be my third cancelled cruise .  Fingers and toes crossed.  Happy sailing to all whenever that may be.  

Yes, she received the refund. We are happy cruisers. 
We had a cruise with Norwegian but they cancelled and we could not get our refund back. ONLY FCC. 😞
I am waiting to see what next year will bring before I decide where to use those. 
All the best out of Barcelona. Love that port!!

Happy for your you & your daughter.  Norwegian is also a great cruise line.  We enjoyed the "Dawn" 15 years ago celebrating the birth of our only grandson.  

Happy cruising! 

WOO HOO!!!

Our refund has arrived at Vacations To Go; the U.S. agency through which we booked our March 14, 2020 Dubai - Athens cruise aboard Pullmantur's MONARCH. Vacations To Go received the money from RCCL yesterday. It is either going to be refunded to our credit card, or we are going to be mailed a U.S. Dollar check. 

A friend who booked the same cruise has today had her money refunded to her VISA card. (Our refund is slightly trickier because we paid with an Amex card.)  

This is very good news, because frankly, I'd about given-up hope!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...