Cruises looking good to restart by Dec (florida)

seaman11

But as it said, it only removes this judge from what was an additional block specifically directed at Carnival.  Now they are just back to all the still unmet 74 or however many additional conditions that were previously implied as requirements.  They are just back in the same "boat" as the rest of the cruise ines now.  Dec 1st is just 5 or 6 weeks away.  I wish them luck....but......

Edited by roger001

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

But as it said, it only removes this judge from what was an additional block specifically directed at Carnival.  Now they are just back to all the still unmet 74 or however many additional conditions that were previously implied as requirements.  They are just back in the same "boat" as the rest of the cruise ines now.  Dec 1st is just 5 or 6 weeks away.  I wish them luck....but......

yes its true, but it also includes pandemic related extra measures.  of course there is the cdc hurdle also so lets see. 

37 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

yes its true, but it also includes pandemic related extra measures.  of course there is the cdc hurdle also so lets see. 

Do you mean the judge's ruling includes "pandemic related extra measures"?  'Cause that just ain't so.  The judge's ruling, and Carnival's probation have nothing to do with covid.  The 74 measures that the PP was referring to are those in the Healthy Sail proposal, which still has not been approved by the CDC, let alone the action plans submitted from that report.  And those are the "cdc hurdle", not the judge.

• Like 10

December 1st is 40 days away. 

Carnival would have to like start NOW to get a ship ready with crew and ports and I just think it's not logistically possible to get a ship ready in 40 days.

December 1st cruise not gonna happen. 

Sorry.

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Do you mean the judge's ruling includes "pandemic related extra measures"?  'Cause that just ain't so.  The judge's ruling, and Carnival's probation have nothing to do with covid.  The 74 measures that the PP was referring to are those in the Healthy Sail proposal, which still has not been approved by the CDC, let alone the action plans submitted from that report.  And those are the "cdc hurdle", not the judge.

no i know its environmental, however Carnival stated it will come into compliance with that and also the safety and health of its guests. 

Edited by seaman11

1 hour ago, Georgie562 said:

December 1st is 40 days away. 

Carnival would have to like start NOW to get a ship ready with crew and ports and I just think it's not logistically possible to get a ship ready in 40 days.

December 1st cruise not gonna happen. 

Sorry.

How do we know they havent started already?  europe started up pretty quickly, we arent talking the whole fleet here just a few ships out of florida. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

of course i wont hold my breath but it looks like the percentage of it has gone up a bit. 

You've been holding your breath since April/May, but the vast majority on these boards realised in August that it was a bust for 2020....stop dreaming! 😉

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

How do we know they havent started already?  europe started up pretty quickly, we arent talking the whole fleet here just a few ships out of florida. 

Again, apples to oranges.  The first cruises were with a limited demographic (citizens of one country) and limited to either no ports of call, or only ports in that one country where embark/debark happens.  Secondly, the EU health care system is vastly different than ours and the government has allowed different rules for dealing with infected or quarantined passengers and crew, than the CDC wants.  And, they did have trouble getting crew, and keeping them healthy prior to joining the ship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

How do we know they haven't started already? Heck, the CDC No-Sail order is still in effect and doesn't expire until Oct 31st.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0930-no-sail-order.html

As @chengkp75 stated below, the CDC has not even approved the 74 measures in the Healthy Sail proposal. So, get ready for the CDC to extend the No-Sail order again (any day now).

Carnival Corp is included in the CDC's No-Sail order (which undoubtedly will be extended) PLUS they have those numerous environmental compliance remedies they have to attest to/certify to satisfy the judge. The judge relaxed her order of requiring her approval 60 days before re-entering service to 30 days before. Carnival didn't cancel their cruises from Miami or Port Canaveral for November or December, targeting a Dec 1st return to service for a select few of their ships from those 2 ports only. However, not only does Carnival have the hurdles of getting CDC's approval of the Healthy Sail proposal plus the action plans, they also have the environmental remedies that have to satisfy the judge (30 days before re-start). I don't think Carnival will be starting up Dec 1st (or the rest of Dec) even with a limited number of ships sailing from only 2 ports. The rest of 2020 is not looking good for the resumption of cruising from U.S. ports.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The 74 measures that the PP was referring to are those in the Healthy Sail proposal, which still has not been approved by the CDC, let alone the action plans submitted from that report.  And those are the "cdc hurdle", not the judge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

of course i wont hold my breath but it looks like the percentage of it has gone up a bit.

33 minutes ago, hamrag said:

You've been holding your breath since April/May, but the vast majority on these boards realised in August that it was a bust for 2020....stop dreaming! 😉

See the source image

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Carnival plan to resume U.S. cruises on Dec. 1 remains on track after judge’s ruling

I suspect, and I am guessing a bit, that if you don't have US cruises starting by 12-19, you will not see anything until 2-15-21 or 3-1-21 at the earliest. Has a bit to do with the upcoming election on November 3rd and rising Covid rates in the US.

Cruising in Europe will very likely be coming to an end soon. Rapidly rising hospitalization rates, deaths, and cases are going to require quarantines and lockdowns far more extensive than what is going on now.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

Seaman11 I wish you well . Mid December might be feasible, but remember it will be 4-6 weeks after CDC recinds the No Sail. (Oct. 31st)

3 of those 4-6 will just be getting crew back ( 2 weeks quarantine) and then the training on new protocols. And we don't even have a clue whether   the 74 Healthy Sail recommendations/ guidelines have ALL been implemented yet. 

Many seem to think  provisioning the ship will be easy. Are the wholesale distributors going to be able to supply?

28 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you for another bit of hilarity!

Yep.

It appears to be currently much safer to be a passenger on an MSC protocoled' cruise on the Grandiosa (remember it would never sail, then when it did, there almost no passengers, blah, blah) than in the general population of Italy. 

Better known in October of 2020 as a C-19 bubble environment.  

Quick, look the other way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Yep.

It appears to be currently much safer to be a passenger on an MSC protocoled' cruise on the Grandiosa (remember it would never sail, then when it did, there almost no passengers, blah, blah) than in the general population of Italy. 

Better known in October of 2020 as a C-19 bubble environment.  

Quick, look the other way. 

Exactly. You'd think that people who post on here would know better than to parrot the debunked nonsense about cruise ships being a 'petri dish.' But you'd be wrong. 🙄 oh, well....

• Like 4

On 10/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, seaman11 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article246620348.html

Carnival plan to resume U.S. cruises on Dec. 1 remains on track after judge’s ruling

spend your cruise credits wisely

On 10/23/2020 at 7:53 AM, MRVEGAS711 said:

You have a better chance of seeing a Martian in December than cruising! Hope by April, if you really insist on sailing on a petri dish.

it sounds really uninformed for a cruiser to call it a petri dish.  i expect ppl that never cruised to think that way, but not cruisers. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, hamrag said:

come on humbug, we know many said no cruises in the world before 2021. not saying its going to happen for the us (who cant behave properly)  but the chances have increased, also i dont think the cruise line is going to get ready after the ok , im sure they will start weeks before that inanticipationn for it. 

https://wsvn.com/news/local/cruise-ship-employees-hold-protest-at-port-everglades-urging-cdc-not-to-extend-no-sail-order/

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

come on humbug, we know many said no cruises in the world before 2021. not saying its going to happen for the us (who cant behave properly)  but the chances have increased, also i dont think the cruise line is going to get ready after the ok , im sure they will start weeks before that inanticipationn for it. 

https://wsvn.com/news/local/cruise-ship-employees-hold-protest-at-port-everglades-urging-cdc-not-to-extend-no-sail-order/

Members of the Long Shoremen aren't cruise line employees. They work for the port.

Misleading article/news clip.

• Like 2