Paul Gauguin back in PPT, Le Boreal and Le Soleal in Raiatea.

MrRandal

On 10/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, MrRandal said:

Interesting, Cruise Mapper shows that the Paul Gauguin has returned to Papeete, and Le Boreal appears to be docked in Raitea and Le Soleal appears to be sitting just off the coast of Raiatea. 

the Paul Gauguin is back in service, scheduled to take on 88 guest on Oct 31, unless France shuts down today, the Le Boareal has taken on the charger and Le Soleal took the guest that the Paul Gauguin was to take before the charter...confusing I know

Mike  

1 hour ago, paulmichael said:

the Paul Gauguin is back in service, scheduled to take on 88 guest on Oct 31, unless France shuts down today, the Le Boareal has taken on the charger and Le Soleal took the guest that the Paul Gauguin was to take before the charter...confusing I know

Mike  

October 31 cruise is cancelled

17 hours ago, paulmichael said:

October 31 cruise is cancelled

I have been asked to clarify my post.   The PG did not take the charter for reasons I will not go into,  The Le Boreal was sent to take over the charter and the PG retuned to Papeete where it was and may still be, scheduled to take the Oct 31 cruise, we are all waiting to hear from the government if they are going to lockdown or not. I do not work for the cruise line and received my information from sources now on board.   lets all hope my information is wrong and everyone going on the Oct 31 cruise has a great time.  The also still have the Le Solea in FP

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrRandal said:

I read that it had been cancelled, although I can't confirm. And Papeete is either 6 or 7 hours behind Eastern, so it's still morning of the 31st in Papeete. Cruise Mapper shows her in port at PPT.

The PG is still at the dock in Papeete at 4:29am Nov. 1. Wind Spirit and le Soleal are there also.

1 minute ago, swimmerboy said:

ThatiianBigkahuna

I thought you stated you were not going to post

What gives?

Never intended it to be understood that way  .... what I recall saying/meaning was when a thread is no longer productive or becomes hostile I'll cease to respond and simply go hangout on a different forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My next PG cruise is Spring 2021 and I'm hopeful that we will be on the PG with much of the crew/officers we've gotten to enjoy over the years. What to look for moving forward is any updates from the French Polynesian government that could effect the decision making in regards to tourism over the coming months. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

2 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

My next PG cruise is Spring 2021 and I'm hopeful that we will be on the PG with much of the crew/officers we've gotten to enjoy over the years. What to look for moving forward is any updates from the French Polynesian government that could effect the decision making in regards to tourism over the coming months. 

I agree.  This development isn't about PG but about developments in French Polynesia.  Let's hope they can work through this and get back to cruising in time for your Spring sailing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Was a reason given? Someone on the FB Boroa Bora page reported they arrived at PPT to find their cruise had been cancelled.

This is a no brainer  ... things are very unpredictable in FP right now. A cruise could depart and in a few days be recalled back to PPT. I totally get it ...

4 hours ago, Supertuscan99 said:

Maybe not the end of the Paul Gauguin, but like america today, nothing will ever be the same...covid and the sale to Ponant changed everything...I’m glad we got one cruise in because it was amazing....

Like America.....and the world.

Be glad because you didn’t lose your shirts to a company that won’t refund your money after cancelling your cruise!!  I’m happy you had fun.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Was a reason given? Someone on the FB Boroa Bora page reported they arrived at PPT to find their cruise had been cancelled.

In this case PG/Ponant had no control over changes that are sometimes being down with less than 48 hours notice ... you can't hold any cruise line responsible for something they have no control over. 

Isn’t this site called cruise "CRITIC"? It would be one thing if we were posting lies or half truths.  All we're doing is warning other cruisers of the possibility that their money will be permanently tied up with Ponant if they're not careful. We are simply critiquing the risk so to speak.

• Like 1