Princess Stateroom Upgrade oOfer

clojacks

We are looking at hopefully being able to travel to Alaska late next Aug, or early Sept. Does the Princess Stateroom Upgrade offer allow an upgrade from a Mini-Suite to a Club Mini-Suite? Does it allow an upgrade from a Balcony to a Mini-Suite?

Edited by clojacks

did you read the fine print?

Free Stateroom Location Upgrade: Upgrade applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only. Offer is based on availability in like to like stateroom types (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony, Mini-Suite to Mini-Suite). Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites. Offer does not apply to land portion of cruisetours. Offer is combinable with Princess Plus and Princess Savers. Offer is not transferable, not substitutable and not redeemable for cash. Offer may be changed or revoked at any time. Exclusions: Cruises 28 days or longer in duration are excluded. Other exclusions may apply.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, clojacks said:

We are looking at hopefully being able to travel to Alaska late next Aug, or early Sept. Does the Princess Stateroom Upgrade offer allow an upgrade from a Mini-Suite to a Club Mini-Suite? Does it allow an upgrade from a Balcony to a Mini-Suite?

As chrysalis posted:

If you decide to book an inside, you choose any inside for the same price.

If you decide to book a balcony, you can choose any balcony on the ship for the same price.

If you want a Club Class mini, you'll need to book a CC mini...not much room for choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

As chrysalis posted:

If you decide to book an inside, you choose any inside for the same price.

If you decide to book a balcony, you can choose any balcony on the ship for the same price.

If you want a Club Class mini, you'll need to book a CC mini...not much room for choice.

Thanks...I guess I was looking for an explanation somewhat similar to this as opposed to the snide comment Chrysalis decided to share. Sorry for my inability to decipher this explanation from the "fine print". It appears Princess includes Club Mini in the pricing of Mini cabins on their room choices when doing an online dummy, hence why I was curious if I could book a Mini- and upgrade to a Club.

37 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Thanks...I guess I was looking for an explanation somewhat similar to this as opposed to the snide comment Chrysalis decided to share. Sorry for my inability to decipher this explanation from the "fine print". It appears Princess includes Club Mini in the pricing of Mini cabins on their room choices when doing an online dummy, hence why I was curious if I could book a Mini- and upgrade to a Club.

I found Chrysalis not snide but informative. They took the time to copy and paste for your benefit. Princess does not include club mini's at the regular mini's pricing they are different links you must click on. Instead of dissing someone who tried to help you why not state the fine print wasn't clear to you?   Lesson learned from you is not to try to answer your questions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

No.

If you look at the pricing for the categories, for example a balcony, you will see that the fare is the same for cat. BF as it is for BA. This is the upgrade. Book a BA for the same price as a BF. If you look at a premium balcony cabin you'll find higher fares. These are the cabins excluded from the offer. It's the same for interiors, outside view and mini suites.

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

I found Chrysalis not snide but informative. They took the time to copy and paste for your benefit. Princess does not include club mini's at the regular mini's pricing they are different links you must click on. Instead of dissing someone who tried to help you why not state the fine print wasn't clear to you?   Lesson learned from you is not to try to answer your questions.

Okay..... the fine print wasn’t clear to me. And on Princesses web site, there are 5 cabin categories, of which Club is not one. Club is accessed by clicking on Mini Suites, hence why I wasn’t sure if Club was considered an upgrade within the Mini category. I should have explained my lack of familiarity with Princesses cabin structure within my first post I guess.....

39 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Yes, that is a reasonable assumption.  Sadly, they won't allow that.  Club class is really a great option.  However, you can book a specialty restaurant for every evening, oftentimes, with a regular mini for less than the club class pricing.  If you want a fabulous mini suite on the Grand and Crown class ships, try to the ones on the Emerald deck on either side of the ship.  They are covered and the two end ones have huge balconies.  I believe they are E728 and E729 on the Grand class ships and E730 and E731 on the Crown class ships.  You are at the very aft of the ship so, they will most likely be some vibration and movement in heavier seas.  But, otherwise, these two rooms are great if club class doesn't fit into your travel budget.  

1 hour ago, RLK33853 said:

Friends have been upgraded from a regular mini-suite into the location of a Club Class mini-suite.  They got the location but it didn't come with the Club Class perks.

This has happened to us on a couple of occasions, Upgraded Mini location of Club Class Mini, but no Club Class perks...

8 hours ago, clojacks said:

Okay..... the fine print wasn’t clear to me. And on Princesses web site, there are 5 cabin categories, of which Club is not one. Club is accessed by clicking on Mini Suites, hence why I wasn’t sure if Club was considered an upgrade within the Mini category. I should have explained my lack of familiarity with Princesses cabin structure within my first post I guess.....

Your assumption of mini suites wasn't wrong it was your not appreciating someone's effort to search and paste for YOU.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

Friends have been upgraded from a regular mini-suite into the location of a Club Class mini-suite.  They got the location but it didn't come with the Club Class perks.

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

This has happened to us on a couple of occasions, Upgraded Mini location of Club Class Mini, but no Club Class perks...

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

So unfair. Wonder what people would think if they got a suite upgrade without the suite perks???

28 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

suite upgrade

I would be so grateful... a free upgrade to a wonderful suite balcony, shower and tub ??? who wouldn't want that ??? 🥃

unfair? - unbelievable ...

oh, wait ... sarcasm just noted 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

So unfair. Wonder what people would think if they got a suite upgrade without the suite perks???

I would find any of the situations, strange.  I’d people had not posted that it happened to them, I would have found it hard to believe.  When someone is upgraded to a Club Class mini suite or a full suite,  I would think it would difficult for Princess to “remove” the benefits of those categories.  (Except for the bonus points for booking the category).  

I have taken upsells in the past from mini suites to full suites and have always gotten all the suite perks. Yes I had to pay a little but it was usually a minimal amount. Much less than the advertised price for the suite