Roofire

We were very much waiting and seeing........ but withdrawal got the better of us........ just booked a 2021 cruise.  Just wondering if anyone else has been brave / optimistic 😀 and what you opted for?  We've gone for a Southampton sailing to the Norwegian Fjords.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm booked on four cruises to Norway next year.

No, I don't have a 'thing' about Norway (or Norwegians) it's just that's all there seems to be with only 1 twelve night and 3 fourteen night cruises.

Regards,

Cublet

We booked an Iceland/Ireland cruise in June 2021(BearCruise).  Though we did optimistically book the cruise, I am somewhat pessimistic that it will actually occur (or if it does occur that we will be on it). There are a lot of pieces that have to fall into place before cruising will be back to normal. 😷

November 2021 transpacific 20 night cruise with Costa, Barcelona to Guadeloupe. Also looking at using voucher on Barcelona to Rio in December 202, again with Costa. That will leave me with one voucher left and i am looking at Costa, Savona to Dubai but that will be in 2022. 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm booked on four cruises to Norway next year.

No, I don't have a 'thing' about Norway (or Norwegians) it's just that's all there seems to be with only 1 twelve night and 3 fourteen night cruises.

Regards,

Cublet

Don't blame you the Fjords are stunning, as I expect are the Norwegians.  You'll have to report back on which ports/itineraries are the best.  It won't be our last visit I'm certain.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, frquarterguy said:

We booked an Iceland/Ireland cruise in June 2021(BearCruise).  Though we did optimistically book the cruise, I am somewhat pessimistic that it will actually occur (or if it does occur that we will be on it). There are a lot of pieces that have to fall into place before cruising will be back to normal. 😷

Iceland is supposed to be stunning, you'll have a great time.  We're keeping everything crossed that our cruise will happen, we'll make the call right up to the final payment date......... we had quite the adventure getting our money back for one of cancelled cruises this year.

2 hours ago, gerryuk said:

November 2021 transpacific 20 night cruise with Costa, Barcelona to Guadeloupe. Also looking at using voucher on Barcelona to Rio in December 202, again with Costa. That will leave me with one voucher left and i am looking at Costa, Savona to Dubai but that will be in 2022. 

wow, those sounds fun itineraries....... funnily enough we also have a number of future credits to spend...... we're thinking of putting all of them towards an Alaskan Cruise in 2022....... which will be a once in a lifetime adventure for us..........

On 10/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Roofire said:

wow, those sounds fun itineraries....... funnily enough we also have a number of future credits to spend...... we're thinking of putting all of them towards an Alaskan Cruise in 2022....... which will be a once in a lifetime adventure for us..........

We have booked a cruise in January 2021 for the Mexican riviera. Sp far it’s a go but not holding my breath. Have also booked South Africa cruise in 2022. We have hopes for that one.

happy cruising hopefully.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:11 AM, moonshawdow007 said:

We have booked a cruise in January 2021 for the Mexican riviera. Sp far it’s a go but not holding my breath. Have also booked South Africa cruise in 2022. We have hopes for that one.

happy cruising hopefully.

fingers and toes crossed for you

On 10/30/2020 at 4:16 AM, nimiq said:

We are looking for potentially Nov 2021 Caribbean cruise.

sea ya 

ERIC

not brave enough to fly and cruise....... sailing out of the UK next year, if at all........hope It works out for you.........

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The hubby and I are looking at Mexican Riviera cruises out of L.A. next November. Hopefully, most will have had the vaccine and there won't be any social distancing/masks required. Would like to cruise earlier, but just not sure about earlier in the year.

On 10/25/2020 at 11:26 AM, Roofire said:

We were very much waiting and seeing........ but withdrawal got the better of us........ just booked a 2021 cruise.  Just wondering if anyone else has been brave / optimistic 😀 and what you opted for?  We've gone for a Southampton sailing to the Norwegian Fjords.

Holland America Oosterdam to Alaska June 2021.

We have not been game to book a cruise for 2021 - our next ones are March 2022 British Isles Explorer, and January 2023 Holy Lands both with Viking.  We really enjoy visiting both Iceland and Norway and am sure that those cruising to these locations will enjoy them as much as we do.  

This was the last future cruise voucher i had, so booked this. Departs Rome on 7th April for 14 nights / 15 days with advertised port stops in Palermo, Athens, Izmir, Istanbul, Crete, Barcelona, Marseille, Savona and back to Rome. Whether it docks at all those ports at the moment is questionable, but one can hope.

One of the reasons i booked this, was it departs from Rome a couple of days after Easter weekend. I have already booked a cheapish hotel near the port to include spending Easter weekend in Rome and hopefully spending Easter Sunday in Vatican city. Another reason was the price, just over £700sterling for a inside cabin as a solo, cant complain.

Just now, gerryuk said:

This was the last future cruise voucher i had, so booked this. Departs Rome on 7th April for 14 nights / 15 days with advertised port stops in Palermo, Athens, Izmir, Istanbul, Crete, Barcelona, Marseille, Savona and back to Rome. Whether it docks at all those ports at the moment is questionable, but one can hope.

One of the reasons i booked this, was it departs from Rome a couple of days after Easter weekend. I have already booked a cheapish hotel near the port to include spending Easter weekend in Rome and hopefully spending Easter Sunday in Vatican city. Another reason was the price, just over £700sterling for a inside cabin as a solo, cant complain. Its on the Costa Diadema.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:55 AM, Canberra601 said:

We have not been game to book a cruise for 2021 - our next ones are March 2022 British Isles Explorer, and January 2023 Holy Lands both with Viking.  We really enjoy visiting both Iceland and Norway and am sure that those cruising to these locations will enjoy them as much as we do.  

Don't blame you, they sound great itineraries......definitely worth the wait 😀

On 11/26/2020 at 7:24 PM, gerryuk said:

One of the reasons i booked this, was it departs from Rome a couple of days after Easter weekend. I have already booked a cheapish hotel near the port to include spending Easter weekend in Rome and hopefully spending Easter Sunday in Vatican city. Another reason was the price, just over £700sterling for a inside cabin as a solo, cant complain.

Fingers crossed for you.....ships will probably sail, but you’re right not all ports could be open.......

• 2 weeks later...

We are now booked on Holland America  Nieuw Amsterdam December 4,  2021 out of Fort Lauderdale .... 7 nights Caribbean,,, this will be our first cruise this 2006 and our 14th cruise (see what happens after 13!)    Our stops are Key West,  Grand Turk, Dom. Rep. & private island Half Moon Cay  ... Picked a cruise where we have been to the ports, as we plan on staying on the ship most of the time... so we also rented a Private Lido Cabana on the ship..... we live in Florida and have spent a lot of time in Key West,,, We figure a year out and we will hopefully be back to simi-normal.      

On 10/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, frquarterguy said:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the late response to your posting but my computer died on the first day of our latest Covid-19 lockdown and computer repair shops were not deemed essential. I don't know how anyone can use a smartphone exclusively. But, in short - I'm back!

I've been to Iceland twice with X. Non-ship excursions are well managed by the Tourist office with ship pick-ups and returns. It's a barren landscape outside the cities with lots of steam fissures. There is a bakery/restaurant that cooks exclusively on geo-thermal energy. Go prepared for all weathers - a guide told us 'there is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes'. 24 hours apart and I went from woolly jumpers and waterproofs to shorts and short sleeved shirt (in August).

Regards,

Cublet