Roofire

I'm booked solo on B2B Mediterranean cruises at the end of October 2021.  NCL's Norwegian Spirit - Venice to Istanbul (9 days) and then Istanbul to Athens (7 days).  I sure hope cruising is somewhat back to normal by then, but we shall see.  If it's not clear by final payment due in late June, I will probably cancel them rather than invest more money in them and rebook something for 2022.  Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly no. We spent two years planning our Norwegian fjord cruise and European vacation for the summer of 2020 (almost three weeks of travelling). Well, I don't have to mention what happened. Cancelled the hotels. Got the refund for the cruise and credits for the airfare. Still, not trusting 2021 enough to book as I just see an endless round of cancellations and voyages being moved around once cruising restarts. I put a small deposit on a totally different cruise for 2022 (different voyage and different cruise line) with hopes things will be more stable then. As for Norway? Maybe one day. Maybe never. No telling at this point.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 4:46 PM, Gingerclerg said:

We have an Alaska booked for September 2021. It is the 25th anniversary of our meeting.

When is your September Alaska cruise?

We are booked on the Oosterdam for September 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Just waiting for our May cruise to be cancelled 😞 I expect we'll move it to 2022.   We'll keep a close eye on how things develop as the vaccine roll-out picks up....... who knows maybe we can find a way to squeeze a 2021 cruise in from the UK somehow 🙏

16 hours ago, Roofire said:

Just waiting for our May cruise to be cancelled 😞 I expect we'll move it to 2022.   We'll keep a close eye on how things develop as the vaccine roll-out picks up....... who knows maybe we can find a way to squeeze a 2021 cruise in from the UK somehow 🙏

Hello,

My 3 night Odyssey was cancelled ages ago. I am waiting for my three May Anthem cruises to be cancelled - by Wednesday 3rd March is my prediction - that I'll try to L&S to May 2022.

But I'm not that optimistic: A previous attempt to L&S (out of Southampton) had RCI offer me a cruise out of Copenhagen and when I queried this they said they were going to look for an atlas! I can only presume that American (or Guatemalan) school atlases show the whole of 'Europe' on one page.

I'm not convinced June will go ahead either but expect something to start in a small way from July.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

Though I was cautiously optimistic when we booked a cruise late last year on Celebrity to Iceland in June (bearcruise.com), we have officially cancelled.  Though not officially cancelled yet by the cruise line, the handwriting is on the wall - even bearcruise (rightfully) backed out as Celebrity could not guarantee whether the cruise would happen,  or even in the cruise did happen what life would be like on board or if the scheduled stops would occur. Hopefully we get the vaccine soon and hopefully the cruise world will get back to some sort of normalcy SOON!  I am ready for a vacation!

6 hours ago, frquarterguy said:

I am ready for a vacation!

Could not agree more.  We could not wait to our next cruise in March 2022, so decided to have our first holiday for 15 months and are lucky enough to be flying to Boracay on Friday for a long weekend.  

• Like 1

I have the Harmony TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral booked for the Oct 31st this year, but have essentially written it off now, which is a shame as I would have been cruising with three friends. And my best friend and his husband live Outside Orlando, so would have been great to spend a few days with them.

With the recent UK cancellations by P&O and Princess but then the follow up of "cruises to nowhere" from Southampton by both of them, I am not waiting for them to be released and that is my new plan, I have never been with either line, but seems now the best option to get my ship fix. And I quite like the idea of trying the Medallion system on Princess.

Also my friends and I that are meant to be on the Harmony TA this year, have also booked a couple of Aft Facing Balconies on NCL Getaway on her 10 day "British Isles" in Oct '23 from Copenhagen ending in Southampton.

So not a major surprise that our May cruise was cancelled, glad they called it before the final payment was due.  Last time it took a full four months to get a refund.  Looking with interest to see what UK only cruises might appear later in the year.........doubt they'll open up the Med in time for this year.   Worst case we'll have to give the Norfolk Broads a go. Fingers crossed for everyone else.

I live in Fort Lauderdale,2 blocks from port.Will wait last minute when things open up again.Do have an HAL 4dec. Been canceled 4 times.

• 1 month later...

In my desperation to get back to sea we have booked a weeks ‘staycation’ on P&O Britannia end of August.    It’s only one stop, which is Liverpool, and you can only embark on a ships tour so not likely to leave the ship for the full 7 days.  Could be a bit testing, however we treated ourself to a suite as the price was very good.  
I also want to book Queen Elizabeth in July but BF doesn’t want to try Cunard unless it’s going to NYC.  😞 

I am not game to book a cruise for this year, but we have a British Isles Explorer cruise booked with Viking for next March.  I must admit though that I am not too optimistic that we will be even travelling then.   The vaccination program here is only in its nascent stage and I think most cruise lines will require passengers to be vaccinated.   

3 hours ago, Canberra601 said:

I am not game to book a cruise for this year, but we have a British Isles Explorer cruise booked with Viking for next March.  I must admit though that I am not too optimistic that we will be even travelling then.   The vaccination program here is only in its nascent stage and I think most cruise lines will require passengers to be vaccinated.   

Not all lines require vaccination and some are only putting this requirement in place for this summer.  MSC only require a negative test 72 hours prior to departure.  Who know where we will be next March but hope you can cruise by then. 

Hello,

I should have my second jab during the first week of May.

I have booked two one week cruises with MSC around the UK in June & July.

Then, hopefully, the main RCI event(s) kick-off in September with B2B, week's break, B2B in October.

Regards,

Cublet

9 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Starting to look at cruises to Norway or Norway/Iceland for next summer. I’m certainly hoping Americans can travel to Europe by then.

Norway has been my favourite cruise to date.  Was certainly the most relaxing.  

• Thanks 1

Just booked 31 nights Sapphire Princess Sydney-Vancouver April 2nd. Just heard that the April 3rd cruise from Sydney to LA on Emerald Princess has been cancelled and repositioned to Europe. Fingers are crossed that our cruise will be a go. So much anticipation!

On 4/18/2021 at 11:17 PM, welshy74 said:

In my desperation to get back to sea we have booked a weeks ‘staycation’ on P&O Britannia end of August.    It’s only one stop, which is Liverpool, and you can only embark on a ships tour so not likely to leave the ship for the full 7 days.  Could be a bit testing, however we treated ourself to a suite as the price was very good.  
I also want to book Queen Elizabeth in July but BF doesn’t want to try Cunard unless it’s going to NYC.  😞 

But at least you'll be cruising and in a suite to boot.   Hubby works for the NHS, so we've entered into the free cruise ballot RCI are offering, we'll find out on 30th April.  He has pretty much been working 6/7 day weeks since COVID kicked-off, so fingers crossed....

We'll make a call a bit later on as to whether we book something later in the year

On 4/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

Starting to look at cruises to Norway or Norway/Iceland for next summer. I’m certainly hoping Americans can travel to Europe by then.

Norway is stunning, we would definitely cruise there again.  Iceland is on our to do list.  Fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1