Port of Miami to Miami airport

sellwingri

Walk off with your bags and catch a cab. That will make sure you are as safe as possible. That is the common standard mentioned here frequently...from the pre-Covid world.

Post (or during) Covid, we don't know what additional screening or other processes that might slow getting off the ship. So, in my mind, that would reinforce the need to walk off with your bags and catch a cab as the fastest way to the airport.

• Like 1

Taxi between MIA and POM or POM to MIA used to be a flat rate of $28+tip -- suspect that will have gone up to about $30 by the time cruising begins again.  UberX or standard Lyft used to be just under $20 for the same trip. 

As Bruce mentioned, 1130 used to be a good time in your situation, but post cruise screenings before they let you into the city/state may slow things down a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

My goodness, you are talking about going to the local airport.  Simply take your own luggage off and head to the taxi queue (this is cheaper and faster then a cruise line transfer).  If you want to save a few more dollars you can summon Uber or Lyft.  A car service like CATA will cost you 2 - 3 times the cost and you are obligated to be at the curb at a set time.  With taxis or Uber you simply get off at your own pace (with no worries) and then grab your ride.

Hank

2 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Unfortunately we found Miami taxis to be not in the best condition .... not a good next step after a wonderful cruise. 

Same for DC and especially for the crooks in Philly - bad taxis are why, pre-virus, I just about gave  up on cabs and switched 99% to Uber or  Lyft.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

Uber/Lyft would be the best choices. But 11:30AM is a question mark now. There is no easy way to answer how quickly the debarkation happens with new rules. With the new rules, it may take until the afternoon to get everyone off or out of the port.

A stretch limo with a stocked bar would be my definition of the "best choice."

I agree with you that screening for returning passengers will add some uncertainty to the travel planning process, although at least initially the number of passengers will be significantly reduced from the max capacity most ships previously sailed with. 

If returning passengers are still being screened until the afternoon it is difficult to see how all of the new passengers can be segregated and screened before boarding, and still have the ship depart by the normal 5:00 PM or so. 🤔 We will see how this unfolds in 2021.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:28 AM, JohninDC said:

Taxi between MIA and POM or POM to MIA used to be a flat rate of $28+tip -- suspect that will have gone up to about $30 by the time cruising begins again.  UberX or standard Lyft used to be just under $20 for the same trip. 

As Bruce mentioned, 1130 used to be a good time in your situation, but post cruise screenings before they let you into the city/state may slow things down a bit.

Note of caution.  Uber/ Lyft pickup on debarkation day can be a nightmare.  Taxi is easier.  

Grab a van taxi if needed.  20 minute ride isn't going to ruin your cruise memories.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:02 PM, crewsweeper said:

Note of caution.  Uber/ Lyft pickup on debarkation day can be a nightmare.  Taxi is easier.  

Grab a van taxi if needed.  20 minute ride isn't going to ruin your cruise memories.

I agree 100%.  It's a zoo by the curb after debarkation.  Grabbing a taxi is so much less hassle.