General feeling of people booking in 2021

amazonracer

I think by March there will be cruises from the US to Mexico, to Caribbean nowheres and maybe a few select Caribbean  islands and private islands.  I am booked for July to Europe and I am pretty certain I will be sailing.   Canada is iffy for all of next year. 

1 hour ago, amazonracer said:

Just wanted some basic feedback on booking any cruise next year in March time frame. Is it to early?  Seems like it is based on current Covid situation. But who knows. What are your thoughts if you care to share

We have a river cruise booked for April 2021 (rebooked from March of this year) and I'm hoping that it gets canceled.  I think spring is still too early, even if there's a vaccine by January.

I'm thinking March will be very "iffy".  I actually don't even have a guess.  We will just keep watching what happens and pull the plug when we feel comfortable.  Sadly, I just don't see anything on the horizon right now.  I hope that changes soon.    

I have final payment due on Nov. 13 for a January 2021 cruise.  I expect the cruise line to announce any day now that the cruise is canceled.  

Back in June I made a reservation for a December 2021 river cruise.  I made the assumption a vaccine will be available in mid-2021 making cruising and travel in general a real possibility. 

We moved Aug. 2020 to Nov 2020 and finally to March 2021. As every day goes by, the less chance of that March cruise going. I thought this would have been done by November in the US, but not likely until late 2021. The CDC is about as clueless on this virus as a preschooler doing Calculus III. Every week they change their stance on what is required and what needs to be done: 

• Can't be within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes. Oh wait, now it is within 6 feet for 15 minutes total over a 24-hour period
  • Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, don't use that mask, use this mask. Gaiters are no good masks, gaiters have proven to be better than the other masks.
  • The virus lives on surfaces for up to 10 days. Oh, the virus can't be passed from surface contact.
  • Shutdown all travel to prevent the spread...except air travel, Uber/Lyft, trains, mass transit, public transportation, taxis, etc. Just target cruise lines and vilify them as the reason for the spread. 
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, amazonracer said:

Just wanted some basic feedback on booking any cruise next year in March time frame. Is it to early?  Seems like it is based on current Covid situation. But who knows. What are your thoughts if you care to share

I wouldn't recommend anyone book a cruise from the U.S. for March.  I would recommend those of you with cruises booked for March to watch current events and be prepared for anything.

• Like 1

We are booked on an August 2021 Baltic cruise - a lift and shift from 2020 on X's Reflection. We are not confident that this cruise will be a "go". We will cancel if we feel it remains imprudent to safely travel and/or if cruise sponsored shore excursions are mandated in order to go ashore. 

My 'final payment' date is May first - we will evaluate the situation mid April and see if we are going ahead, or rescheduling.

At worst, we will not be able to transfer the travel insurance to a new cruise (need to check what rules are in effect in April).

I’m currently booked on 2 short back to back Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral  for February 2021 to create a 7 night cruise.

If anything is sailing by that date, I feel that these short cruises have the best chance of being some of the select few. 

Not super confident that it will happen, but remaining optimistic. 

8 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

We are booked on an August 2021 Baltic cruise - a lift and shift from 2020 on X's Reflection. We are not confident that this cruise will be a "go". We will cancel if we feel it remains imprudent to safely travel and/or if cruise sponsored shore excursions are mandated in order to go ashore. 

I'm kinda optimistic about my July 30, 2021 X Reflection....interesting that you're not about yours.

We'll make our decision when final is due in May.

• Like 1

We have a cruise booked for September of 2021 with a stop in Canada and fully expect it to be cancelled. I think Canada may still be banning US citizens from entering and/or cruises from the United States may not be allowed to take place.

I would canel on my own initiative if masks and social distancing are still in force. I'm OK with taking a ship's excursion but not the other two. If masks/social distancing are required, I wouldn't feel safe sailing.

These cruises were booked before the Covid crisis began.  

Jan. and Feb. b2b, 2021.  I am prepared for those to be canceled.

Have a b2b the end of Mar. 2021, also do not believe they will sail.

It is what it is.

Now, our Nov. 2021 cruise I expect to be on.🍷🍹🍸

Hi Amazonracer

A number of months ago, I had thought that a vacation (not a cruise) to the Caribbean next spring would be possible (I wasn't willing to book anything at the time), but now for myself, I think the Nov./Dec. 2021 time frame might be more realistic. Again, not a cruise, a land vacation at a resort would be more likely my first choice. 

I believe there will be a major shakeup in the cruise industry and it would be best to stand clear and see who is still operating.