Captain Kate’s video welcome of Apex

RickT

It's easy to perpetuate negativity in times of uncertainty and trepidation. Questioning motives, actions and purpose seems inherent in some folks, perhaps because that is the only way they can cope. I do not see it as spite or with intent to annoy, at least not in all cases. 

In this case, the welcoming of Apex to the fleet, Celebrity and Captain Kate have given us the privilege and the pleasure to witness a very different and very impressive type of welcoming ceremony. How magnificent these six ships are as they are choreographed through their sea steps by skilled officers and crew. I know that each and every person on those ships was excited and proud to be involved in the exercise. The video is not intended as a divination of things to come. Rather, it is intended to show the desire of Celebrity's commitment to long-standing tradition and the importance of sharing that dedication. 

So, to Edge, Reflection, Apex, Silhouette, Equinox, Summit, and using the first letters of each ship's name, I hope this video E R A S E S any negativity that would dilute it's purpose. Enjoy it for what it is. A good thing.

Thank you.    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

So, to Edge, Reflection, Apex, Silhouette, Equinox, Summit, and using the first letters of each ship's name, I hope this video E R A S E S any negativity that would dilute it's purpose. Enjoy it for what it is. A good thing.

Thank you.    

Very well stated and creative!

• Like 1

If someone tells me upfront they are coming from a 'curmudgeon' background, I expect a different opinion from the norm.  I see nothing wrong with stating a side of a full picture, even if I do or don't agree with said opinion.  That is what is wrong with our world.  We can't have different opinions and state them without being dog-piled on?  IT IS OKAY to DISAGREE AGREEABLY.  Really.

52 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

If someone tells me upfront they are coming from a 'curmudgeon' background, I expect a different opinion from the norm.  I see nothing wrong with stating a side of a full picture, even if I do or don't agree with said opinion.  That is what is wrong with our world.  We can't have different opinions and state them without being dog-piled on?  IT IS OKAY to DISAGREE AGREEABLY.  Really.

Commenter got what was coming.  A video meant to inspire some positivity, which we all need, he knew exactly what he was doing.  Been there and done that myself on here, inadvertent or not, but I have done it.  Does not change the fact it was an awesome sight to see.  Rock on Celebrity!!

I believe what others have stated here.  This exercise was done for the crew members on these ships to instill pride and help morale and relieve boredom and stress.  The video has not been sent out by Celebrity to customers as a marketing tool.  It was posted on Captain Kate's personal account.  This exercise was probably much less costly than the usual launch party flying in all of the top brass, entertainment, food and drink, etc.  The ships were all near each other.  Probably not a lot of additional costs.  The crew deserve the best since they always give their best!

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 5:39 PM, DSJ28 said:

I just found this - LOVE it!! It's great to see how proficient these crews are.  So impressive!

I also just came across this as well, really fantastic.  I have seen the Captain Kate on some youtube stuff, seems like a really cool lady!

Edited by KWW88
  • Like 1

Just saw this for the first time!  Have to agree with most of the posters-- that this was done to help train crew, boost morale and show the comaraderie among the captains.

Thank you for posting!

Can't wait to sail on Apex April 2022!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Just saw this for the first time!  Have to agree with most of the posters-- that this was done to help train crew, boost morale and show the comaraderie among the captains.

Thank you for posting!

Can't wait to sail on Apex April 2022!!

We are also on Apex in April 2022, TA, cannot wait!

• Like 1