Check in times now 10 days out

bafinegan

14 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

The better question is how is/are Carnival or passengers harmed from this?

I don't know if "harmed" is the right word.   I eagerly look forward to doing this check in for every cruise.   Now I have to wait an extra 80 days!!   Am I harmed??  I guess not.   But I am disappointed.   I would like to know the reason for this, how does it benefit Carnival???   Or if they are not benefited, why was this change needed??

21 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I don't know if "harmed" is the right word.   I eagerly look forward to doing this check in for every cruise.   Now I have to wait an extra 80 days!!   Am I harmed??  I guess not.   But I am disappointed.   I would like to know the reason for this, how does it benefit Carnival???   Or if they are not benefited, why was this change needed??

I would assume they want to remain flexible in case of last minute changes.

• Like 4

Could this have something to do with an anticipated Covid-19 testing lead time requirement for passengers? I read today that RCI is requiring passengers on Asia itin's to have proof of a negative test 48-72 hours ahead of boarding; there was also mention of testing 14 days ahead of boarding but I don't remember the exact stipulation (sorry). Just guessing, but maybe it's something along this line??

Edit: I found the article, it's on CC and it's only apparently for one RCI ship out of Singapore; the 14 day thing must have been my imagination. 😩

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5676/

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

I would assume they want to remain flexible in case of last minute changes.

Maybe, but I don't see the fact that I've completed check in as problematic??   What does it matter??   If it stays at 10 days then you have everyone on the ship tying up the website trying to do their check in all at the same time!!

2 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

I can’t imagine early check in times being available like they use to for FTF and VIP levels. How would they be able to clean the rooms etc with people clamoring to set down their luggage?

I could be mistaken but I believe this relates to online check-in, not check-in at the port. Or maybe I misunderstand your post?

21 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Maybe, but I don't see the fact that I've completed check in as problematic??   What does it matter??   If it stays at 10 days then you have everyone on the ship tying up the website trying to do their check in all at the same time!!

There is no reason why the old window was so long. I never do the online check in until the night before embarkation. Ten days is more than enough time. Check in is not there to feed anyone's excitement about cruising.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I could be mistaken but I believe this relates to online check-in, not check-in at the port. Or maybe I misunderstand your post?

Well the reason to rush to do the online check in is to pick a check in time and usually everyone wants the early check in time ...

• Like 3

I completed mine at the 90-Day mark, printed my stuff, and put it all aside.

Another member recently posted that she'd been "unchecked" with a new date assigned.  My online info still indicates Good To Go.  I'll simply go with the flow, as the cruise is probably one of the next ones to get the Whomp Whomp news of cancellation. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

Well the reason to rush to do the online check in is to pick a check in time and usually everyone wants the early check in time ...

People will be 100% okay with whatever time they get. Sure, folks will grumble. They'll still get on the ship.